PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Tatia
23-01-2009, 04:18 PM
After last night, I no longer have any under 5s. In fact, they are all over 8s now. I should know the answer to this but I am confused. How is this going to affect my inspection or will I een now be inspected? Can I remove myself from voluntary register (over 8s) and not worry about being inspected?

I'm not really planning to take on any young uns (under 8s or under 5s) unless they are before and after schoolers to fit in with my pre-school hours but I don't want to give up my OFSTED registration just yet.

Waiting for network coordinator to call me back but figured you brainy chicks could help. :D

cheeky monkeys
23-01-2009, 07:57 PM
After last night, I no longer have any under 5s. In fact, they are all over 8s now. I should know the answer to this but I am confused. How is this going to affect my inspection or will I een now be inspected? Can I remove myself from voluntary register (over 8s) and not worry about being inspected?

I'm not really planning to take on any young uns (under 8s or under 5s) unless they are before and after schoolers to fit in with my pre-school hours but I don't want to give up my OFSTED registration just yet.

Waiting for network coordinator to call me back but figured you brainy chicks could help. :D

Hi Titia
You didn't say when your inspection was due.

As you are not ready to give up your registration yet, you don't have to give up your registration on any register until your inspection.

Sorry can't help you any more due to lack of information.

Mollymop
23-01-2009, 10:43 PM
I think you still have to stay on the voluntary register for over 8's if you are charging? Don't ya? I may be wrong hun

Hope someone can help you better soon xxx

Tatia
24-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi Titia
You didn't say when your inspection was due.

Some time in the next 3 years since the new inspection cycle started in September 2008.

I don't have to give up my reg but I also don't want to hassle with OFSTED inspection if I don't need to since I've no current plans to take on littl'uns. I'm happy looking after over 8s before and after school. My guess is that if I want to stay registered for who knows what the future holds, and if I have only over 8s when my name pops out of the generator, I'll prob have to go ahead with an inspection anyway. I'll think I'll ring and ask them as I'm still waiting for network coordinator to get back to me.

Gawd, I'm expecting OFSTED any day at the pre-school, can you imagine coming home and having to see them again?!! :laughing: That'll be my luck. :rolleyes:

Where's my Sarah? Pauline? Angel? Am I just indulging in wishful thinking?

devoncm
24-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Not really sure where you stand, i know when i had a 9 yr old they said i didnt need inspecting but that w3as before september.
Id give ofsted a call to make sure you know where you stand