PDA

View Full Version : Boobie Buddies

Helen Dempster
23-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I've just read in Early Years & Childcare News (KCC) about Boobie Buddies (breastfeeding dolls) and wondered if any of you have heard of them, or actually own one and if you think they're a good idea not??

Hels xx

michellethegooner
23-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Have googled them,

http://www.boobiebuddiesbfdolls.co.uk/

not sure wot I think just yet, I do know if one of them was here my son and his friends would find it very funny.

Dont get me wrong breast is best, but do we really need to expose our kids to everything, is there nothing kids wont know.but on other hand children see dolls with bottles all the time... like I said not sure just yet. but at £31 that is a bit steep. Hate the fact that most toys/resources that reflect real live are so expensive...anyway Next step.... we will be teaching kids how to 'budget' for the family :panic:

Tatia
23-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I think they're fantastic!:thumbsup:

miffy
23-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Never heard of them before and not sure what I think about them either.

At £31 I won't be rushing to get one :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
23-01-2009, 04:43 PM

Miffy xx

Same here !:D

Mollymop
23-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Miffy xx

Same here too

haribo
23-01-2009, 05:00 PM
think they would be good to get a child used to the idea before a baby arrives, but looking at pictures would do that too so i am thinking theyre a bit"gimmicky"

venus89
23-01-2009, 05:05 PM
think they would be good to get a child used to the idea before a baby arrives, but looking at pictures would do that too so i am thinking theyre a bit"gimmicky"

i also nk perhaps if you had new LO on the way it could help toddler to get used to idea but I remember my stepdaughter breastfeeding baby Joseph on stage when she was Mary - i don't think it's necessary. Not at that price.

Schnakes
23-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I used to look after a little girl whos mother was the type of midwife/doctor (which is it??) that performed C-sections at the local hospital. Whenever we played doctors (which was often!) she would pretend to "cut" my tummy open to get the baby out. True story.

Sx

misst104
23-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Don't think I'll be investing in one :eek: Interesting idea though :)

Lincsminder
23-01-2009, 08:45 PM
They are a bit expensive ain't they. All my mindies have been used to seeing breast feeding first hand ( I have been feeding for the past 7 years) and don't bat an eyelid so I think the dolls are necessary in this house.

littlethistle
23-01-2009, 09:26 PM
cant make my mind up about it

a bit pricey eh:eek:

Pipsqueak
23-01-2009, 10:33 PM
yes perhaps I can see the idea behind it but do we really need this?

extract taken from main site
As a breastfeeding Mum I watched our sons instinctively pushing toys up their tops to feed them, upon research I found that dolls come equipped with bottles only.

So I designed a Mum & Baby doll set to promote breastfeeding – as the norm.

errr boys/males don't breastfeed so it really isn't considered the "norm" is it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: and of course a dolly is only going to come with a bottle - its hardly going to come with a breast tucked away in the side of the box for teh child to afix to its self (see Meet the Fockers 2)

like I say I can see the idea but i do think its unnecessary. I cannot as a child or even as an older child recall ever seeing someone breast feed. I bottle fed all my dollies. I breastfed all three children as an adult. Where is the logic in that. Think the answer lies in better education and information - when the children get older or as they see it and honest explanations

angeldelight
23-01-2009, 10:34 PM

Miffy xx

Same here ha

Angel xx

Rach30
24-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Its not what i hought it would be ! Waste of money if you ask me. Bet the baby would get lost in 5mins :laughing:

marion123
24-01-2009, 10:55 PM

Miffy xx

same here as well

sue
24-01-2009, 11:51 PM
not to keen one this idea will not be getting one and the cost :eek: thats alot!!!!!!!

loocyloo
25-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Miffy xx

nor me!

xxx