PDA

View Full Version : difference between early year register and childcare register

mozarella
23-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I understand that early year are for children under 5 and childcare register are for children between 5 and 8

But on the leaflet to prepare for registartion visit it asks what would differ for staffing arrangement.. I am a bit confused on this , help would be appreciated

Thanks

Moz

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 01:07 PM
i believe this question is only valid if you plan to work with another CM or an assistant. They would then be asking that you understand that your extended numbers only count when the other adult is present and that you know that assistants can only have sole care of children on the early years reg at the mo.

mozarella
23-01-2009, 01:35 PM
thanks minstrel

sarah707
23-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Registers

For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 ¬plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

I'm not sure what the question means...? there are differences with staffing, depending on the focus of the question.

For example, with Eyfs you can leave an assistant in charge of children; for childcare register you can't;

The childcare register also says -

Childminders must have effective systems to ensure that any person caring for children:
 is suitable to work with children which must include obtaining an enhanced CRB check through Ofsted
 is of integrity and good character
 has skills and experience suitable for the work
 is physically and mentally fit for the work.

Hope this helps! :D

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 02:36 PM
hi sarah
do you think we need to answer this question if we are working only on our own and not applying to have any assistants etc?

i have left it at the mo but do you think i should go back and put this info?

thanks x

sarah707
23-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I think you are being asked to show an awareness of how the registers differ.

You could just put that you won't have staff, so it's not relevant to you I suppose.

Me being me I'd fill it in :laughing:

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 03:38 PM
ok thanks. Perhaps i'll put it in then - wont hurt!