PDA

View Full Version : would you believe it?!!?

kindredspirits
23-01-2009, 12:17 PM
the mindee that i signed up on monday morning, and then started on tuesday... mum came in this morning and asked if i would reduce my payment... the fees we had discussed 4 days ago!!!! :rolleyes:
basically i told her that 5 hours and 40 mins would be charged as 6 hours a day as i don't get into fiddly half hours/quarter hours etc. she was fine, signed contracts no problem.... this morning she wants me to only charge her for 5 1/2 hours a week....

i stuck to my guns, which she wasn't happy with, but i cannot believe that she is quibbling about £1.50 a day!!!!! :eek: i mean surely its not worth it! she lives in a very expensive part of my village as well!

wendywu
23-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Watch her in the future.:panic:

It ruins a relationship when parents do this sort of thing:(

PixiePetal
23-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Crazy ! Just what will they ask next

I had my new mindees (x2) mum on the phone just now. Panic....not signed yet! Thought she would be cancelling :panic:

Asked about retainer for school hols(teacher), panic again....:panic:

Explained that and she was fine but thought I would want a deposit as well.....

I said it was not needed, starting on Monday and will have 4 weeks contracted notice anyway. Hope I did not shoot myself in the foot and it all goes smoothly. It came by word of mouth, I was 'highly recommended' and family seem very relaxed. Never needed a deposit before.

Can't wait, need the fees to but a new double buggy!!

Mollymop
23-01-2009, 12:38 PM
How silly is that! What makes it worse is that she has only just signed the contract!
I had a parent like this once. it was a before and afterschooler and cos she was 9 years old and not in my numbers I didn't charge when I didn't have her, but then mum started quibbling in the first week about me charging from 7am til 9am even though mindee didn't get to mine until 7.20 and was in school at 8.45 - she was fine when we signed contract and I told her and wrote about my minimum of 2 hours a day - but she still argued with me about it in my own home.
She left before the 4 week trial period had lapsed:rolleyes:
Good job an all!

Monkey1
23-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Cheeky woman!!!

rickysmiths
23-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Well I hope you have at least 2 weeks fees as a deposit from this one. They are very rude some of these parents. It is for this reason I ALWAYS take a depoit now. Stand firm I say. You are a BUSINESS NOT A CHARIETY.

RachelE
23-01-2009, 12:51 PM
What do parents do this to us?

She's agreed to the 6 hours in the 1st place, so tough! Why would you want to work for nothing?

One of my 'mums' just turned up. I invoiced her yesterday (same every month to be paid by cheque to clear by 30th/31st)
She no tells me she doesnt get paid til the last Friday of the month and so I cant have the cheque on Tuesday! (It wont clear til Friday anyway!)

Why am I not assertive? I am skint and can not afford to be messed about. Will get dh to write a letter I think!

We must stand our ground (she says!!)

kindredspirits
23-01-2009, 01:04 PM
all my other parents are fine with paying so will keep this one on a tight lead i think. she has paid a 2 week deposit - after telling me she'd see if she had enough money in the bank! :rolleyes:

katickles
23-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Good on you for sticking to your guns!!

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2641/264135.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Spangles
23-01-2009, 01:41 PM
That's very bad if that's what she agreed to and signed for, very cheeky, glad you stood your ground.

Personally, I charge for the amount of time they are here exactly but I know everyone is different and as she'd already agreed to this I do think that is very bad. Would be wary of this parent too.

x

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 01:51 PM
What do parents do this to us?

She's agreed to the 6 hours in the 1st place, so tough! Why would you want to work for nothing?

One of my 'mums' just turned up. I invoiced her yesterday (same every month to be paid by cheque to clear by 30th/31st)
She no tells me she doesnt get paid til the last Friday of the month and so I cant have the cheque on Tuesday! (It wont clear til Friday anyway!)

Why am I not assertive? I am skint and can not afford to be messed about. Will get dh to write a letter I think!

We must stand our ground (she says!!)

You should say thats fine but in which case cash is the only option you can accept on friday due to time a cheque clears. You have bills to pay too!

jibberjitz
23-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Oooh how :angry: Good for you for sticking to your guns though!

Liz

michellethegooner
23-01-2009, 09:04 PM
some parents think we can live on fresh air :angry: well done for sticking to your guns :thumbsup:

hello kitty
23-01-2009, 10:42 PM
It's very difficult sometimes though isn't it, one of my mums owes me for 3 weeks but her oh has lost his job, not my prob I know but on one hand I feel I want to try and help her but on the other I need the money for the care I have already provided.

I should be paid in advance and I hate it when you have built a relationship after a few months and then they start paying later and later in the month. I do have a late payment fee but what good would that do if she can't afford to pay for the care anyway. She called me today to say she will bring cash around tomorrow, so we will see!!!

angeldelight
23-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Well done for sticking to your guns

Angel xx