PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED are coming!!

jayne191284
22-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Next Tuesday!!! :eek:

Im so scared. We have almost all of the paper work done, just need to do some risk assessments and then finish my booklet. We have most of the house sorted but need to wait for our funding to buy the last few bits. Will this be ok for OFSTED?

What happens when they come, what will they want from us, need, what sort of things will they ask?

x

misst104
22-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Am in process of registering so can't help with answers regarding Ofsted but just wanted to wish you the VERY BEST OF LUCK. You're nearly there :thumbsup:

Jo x x x

DudleyChildmind
22-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I had my inspection today and they looked through the children's work, looked at all my policies, made sure the kitchen and bathroom were safe from harm, checked the garden, checked my risk assessments of my house and while on outings etc.

Don't worry too much, it really isn't that bad and good luck :)

Annie_T
22-01-2009, 08:31 PM
your be fine hun they coming to help you etc

you donty have to have everything in place dont worry as long as you have an action plan and when expect to be completed by x

miffy
22-01-2009, 10:05 PM
If it's your pre-reg visit Ofsted will be looking to see what you have in place and what you may still need to do before you are registered - they will advise you

Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine

Good luck

Miffy xx

jayne191284
22-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

Ive met them twice before when i was deputy manager of the day nursery i worked at but it wasnt 'my resposonsibity' if you get me.

Will they come out again after this first visit?

We need to be reg asap as we have 6 children waiting (between 2 of us) their parents wanted us to have them when our nursery closed so thats one of the reasons we are doing this!

xx

angeldelight
22-01-2009, 10:50 PM
You will be fine

Its pre-reg so nothing to panic - they are there to help and guide you

Let us know how it goes

Good luck

Angel xx

Bex1
23-01-2009, 09:20 AM
:thumbsup: Just wanted to wish you good luck, but you will be fine :thumbsup:

Is it your pre-reg? If so the Inspector will go through your CRB forms so make sure you have 3 forms of identification ready! She/he will also look at some of your policies, my Inspector was particularly interested in safeguarding children, behaviour policy, sickness policy, working in partnership with parents and risk assessement. She also looked through my completed 'preparing for your pre-reg inspection' leaflet and asked some questions about EYFS. She then looked around my house and the garden! It was like have a chat over coffee to be honest and they are there to help and advise so relax and to worry (easier said then done i know!)

Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

Lottie
23-01-2009, 10:29 AM
At my pre-reg the inspector was only interested in looking around the house and finding out more about me. We also filled in the crb forms.

I wouldn't panic too much if you are not ready with paperwork etc. What they are interested in is your home and you. Unless it's changed now.

mozarella
23-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Nine is coming on the 3rd of february, I tol;d her we were renovating the house and she said it was fine, i will have to explain what i intend to do ect if not in place already. She told me to read about the 6 area of learning, getting the pre registration questionaire ready and she will ask me about complaints, safegarding children etc

Do not worry, I am sure you would be fine

Let me know how it goes would love to have your tips before my inspector comes

Mollymop
23-01-2009, 12:53 PM
I will wish you luck, but you really don't need it. Just stay calm, don't work yourself up in a frenzy because it is not bad, it is very relaxed and the inspectors are usually very very nice. She will be there to help you by making suggestions, etc.
xxx

MDP
23-01-2009, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=jayne191284;315053]Next Tuesday!!! :eek:

Just want to wish you all the very best. I'm sure you will be fine. I'm at pre-reg stage and early days for me, so I really cant help. But reading comments from the team, it looks like ofsted is there to help.

Good luck.

MDP x

jayne191284
25-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Well now i have come down with the flu big that is going around. Got so much left to do and cant get on with it.

My main thing is a complaints form to go with the policy. What needs to be on it? HELP!!

x

jibberjitz
25-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Good luck with your inspection!!:thumbsup:

Liz