PDA

View Full Version : things they say

haribo
22-01-2009, 07:59 PM
whats the funniest thing a mindee has said to you ? my lo went home early today so i just had a 9yr old girl after school. we ended up having one of those conversations about anything and everything that we can only have when theres no little ones constantly needing attention lol . at one point i asked(as you do) what she would like to be when she was older . she replied "a fashion designer -why what do you want to be " .I said" im still trying to decide" at which point realisation dawned and we both burst out laughing and she went"oh yeah " it was so funny :laughing: :laughing: i have heard lots of funny things over the years but this was said so innocently it made my day :laughing:

jibberjitz
22-01-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Liz

madasahatter
22-01-2009, 08:10 PM
In the car this morning George Formby singing 'when I'm cleaning windows' was on the radio. My 3 yr old mindee piped up from the back 'that's my nanna singing'.....priceless!!

Cammie Doodle
23-01-2009, 10:54 PM
2 sister I used to care for were talking over their meal and the youngest one said she was going to marry Daddy ! Her older sister said "you are not allowed , you need to choose someone else," but the little one said its Daddy or I will just not get married. To Which older (and wiser )sister replied Well that means you will remain a SPATULA for the rest of your life :laughing: Bless Her

haribo
25-01-2009, 09:29 AM
haha my youngest daughter used to say she was going to marry her daddy. the eldest one used to say she was never getting married and is going to live with me for "ever and ever". so far she has stuck to her word :rolleyes:

Cammie Doodle
25-01-2009, 05:19 PM
lol My son used to think he would live with us for ever and so would his wife and kids, when I said your wife might not like me , he said well she can get lost then .lol. Bless him he has moved out and so far his girlfriend likes me, long may it continue

madasahatter
29-01-2009, 04:53 PM
My 3yr old mindee had me spluttering again. Playing on a touch screen computer at a children's centre today. There were 3 caterpillars on the screen. When you touched them they wiggled off making a funny noise as they did so. She says 'that's my dad bonking, that's my mummy bonking and that's me bonking'
What a star!!LOL

misst104
29-01-2009, 05:11 PM
when I worked in a school we used to do a news book each monday with the litte ones in which they drew a picture of whats they had done at the weekend. We then had to write what they said about it word for word. 'E' had finished and I asked her what she wanted me to write....

"mummy has been playing with daddy's balls all weekend" :laughing:

Turns out he was learning to juggle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jo x x x

singlewiththree
29-01-2009, 05:30 PM
My DD disappeared upstairs today and when she came down I said "What have you been doing"

She said she hadn't been in her sisters room, she hadn't been messing around and she hadn't been putting her nailvarnish on. I asked her where she had got the pink nails then :) She is 3.

sue m
29-01-2009, 05:48 PM
My lo, 3 years old was having a wee on the loo the other day on the childs toilet seat and I have to keep telling him to hold 'it' down but he didn't and did a wee all over the toilet seat and I said "that's why you have to hold it down, to make sure the wee goes into the tilet and not all over the seat" and he said "do you think 'it' needs to be a bit longer then Sue?" :laughing:

misst104
29-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Another one from school that made us chuckle!

Little girl at story time was shuffling around and obviously not comfortable. When asked what the problem was she replied ......

"my bottoms eating my knickers" :ROFL1:

jo x x x :)

RedDragon
29-01-2009, 06:31 PM
My funniest moment was when 1 of the children was teaching another to dance in the living room - (both 10 years old).
The waltz was the order of the day and child 1 was teaching the other - after about an hour of intense work the crowd was gathered (myself and rest of mindees).

"Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you" etc etc.

Next second instead of the waltz child 2 starts gyrating and singing "I like big buts and I cannot lie.........."

:eek: :laughing:

I laughed until I cried.

RedDragon
29-01-2009, 06:33 PM
My own child the other day (7 year old boy). I was getting changed after a bath in front of him - he kept staring so I said "Look at the tv" - he replied "I'm really trying not to look at that hairy thing".:panic: :blush: :eek: :D

misst104
29-01-2009, 06:40 PM
My own child the other day (7 year old boy). I was getting changed after a bath in front of him - he kept staring so I said "Look at the tv" - he replied "I'm really trying not to look at that hairy thing".:panic: :blush: :eek: :D

When I was getting dressed recently my ds (4 years) asked me if it had hurt when my 'twinkly' fell off!!! :laughing:

Bananabrain
29-01-2009, 07:05 PM
My bottom's eating my knickers. That's the best. made my day.

Mummits
29-01-2009, 07:10 PM
My bottom does that too!

My littlun and my mindee were outside the bathroom door this morning - my son shouted hurry up mummy and I said why and he said cos I know you did a wee and I want to give you a chocolate button. My training methods must be working!

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I was getting into PJS when i went to kiss my son (age 2) goodnight. Had already taken my jeans off. he said ' wheres your trousers??' , i said in the basket, so he said 'oh mummy did you wet them?'

:eek: i hope not

otherwise its tena for me!:laughing:

carolinel
29-01-2009, 11:37 PM
these have really made me laugh!!!!

tammerisk
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
haha my youngest daughter used to say she was going to marry her daddy. the eldest one used to say she was never getting married and is going to live with me for "ever and ever". so far she has stuck to her word :rolleyes:

my oldest say that to she never wants to leave me and always live with me never have kids but get a good job. she is 9
my son who is 6 says he wants to marry his girlfriend next door and have lots of kids but no mention of a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!