PDA

View Full Version : How many different meals a week do you offer?

Ripeberry
22-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Just wondering in a week how many different types of meals do you offer?
Is it something TOTALLY different everyday or do you rotate every 2 weeks or 4 weeks.
I just don't have that big a range of meals :(

mum22
22-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi
I have a 4 week rolling menu casseroles, pasta dishes, home made pizza, chicken dishes - all variations on a theme - lunch is normally sandwich or eggs of some sort, bagels, soups etc.

sarah707
22-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a 3 week rolling menu... :D

miffy
22-01-2009, 09:13 PM
For me it depends on which children I've got and what they'll eat :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

fionamal
22-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a 10 day rolling menu but like tomorrow it will change as we are having haggis, tatties and turnip

Donkey
23-01-2009, 01:43 PM
4 week rolling menu for teas, lunches and breakfasts tend to be the same

rickysmiths
23-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I normally do homemade porridge or cereal and fruit for breakfast. Lunch is always hot unless we have a picnic in the garden on a hot day. I do a different meal each day and it varies every week because I tend to base meals around what I am cooking for my family and what looks good at the fishmongers,butchers and greengrocers.

I also like to take the children to the shops and let them have a hand in choosing sometimes.

Polka Dots
23-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi Ripeberry,

If you contact your local school they should be able to give you a school dinner menu. DD has school dinners and each term she brings home a menu leaflet (3 week rolling one). It could give you some ideas and at least you won't be duplicating meals in one day.

Claire

katickles
23-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I change mine as we go. Basically as I cook things that are suitable for our family meal as well where possible.

Lunches - I have dd who i cook a lunch for or she'll have a cold lunch (sandwiches etc), then mindee has lunch sent so its a re-heat job & some veg prep, then baby mindee is jars. Then theres mine & sometimes hubbys lunch so by the time evening meal comes - the easier the better :D

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2641/264135.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)