PDA

View Full Version : so who didn't benefit from the capital grant?

kindredspirits
22-01-2009, 05:05 PM
i am curious how many cm's didn't benefit from the way their council disptributed the capital grant - and in what area's these were.... i am then going to complain to the government that the way in which councils have distributed this money is unfair - if 1 childminder in an area gets a lump sum (and no offense to them, i would have claimed it if i could) then all childminders in all other areas should have equal opportunity.

so, let me know your area and your story and i'll try and compile some information!

anna xx

Blaze
22-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Me...apparently in our area it's not for CM's!:angry:
I really wanted to do a sensory garden....instead:

Network minders were given a photo printer (wasn't v. impressed with the quality as already bought the same one), a digital camera (already got one), a kids camera (already got 2), a memory card & recharable batteries....alll of witch have to be returned if you leave the network.

I know I sound ungrateful, but in my case it was just a waste of money that could have been put to very good use elsewhere!

:(

christine e
22-01-2009, 05:09 PM
When I enquired via our Childminding Dev Team that just said they knew nothing about it. My local authority is Nottinghamshire County Council (not Nottingham City)

Cx

ajs
22-01-2009, 05:11 PM
not a peep of it in my county nottinghamshire
i was feeling cynical and thought maybe it was only offered to network minders but haven't heard of any getting it to be honest
so i assume it wasn't offered to any minder in nottinghamshire

littletreasures
22-01-2009, 05:12 PM
What Capital grant?

Sutton Council have not offered us any money and trying to get hold of anyone on the team is almost impossible.

You try and ring them and you can never get anybody on the phone. You leave a message and lo and behold they always phone back when you are on the school run so you can't talk!!!!:mad:

ajs
22-01-2009, 05:21 PM
When I enquired via our Childminding Dev Team that just said they knew nothing about it. My local authority is Nottinghamshire County Council (not Nottingham City)

Cx

funny christine when i was typing my message i put that you didn't get it either and you were a network minder then i remembered you weren't so deleted it and then there you were right above me

janiefear
22-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm in Staffordshire and we've had a camera/camcorder/mp3 thingy (probably valued at about £100 each). Staffordshire are also scrapping our Networks unless you are accredited so that's me off the Network as of April. They say that they are spending too much money supporting just a few childminders but guess which childminders have turned up to all the meetings so far, you've got it - the Network Minders.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying my minding at the mo, paperwork and knowledge seems to be heading in the right direction but access to the Capital Grant might have been nice .

They have funded my first year of NVQ though - suppose I shouldn't be too greedy.

Jane

Angela234
22-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I was told by our local CORNWALL childcare, play development assistant that the grant is only for ACREDITED CHILDMINDERS which i think is unfair surely we have to provide the same environment and resources.

Angela

lorraines little treasures
22-01-2009, 06:01 PM
wn i went on a eyfs course last year,the early year worker said we would get a form through the post to fill in and return, i did this, rang my early years team about 4 times now and they said they havent had word yet, which to me means NO NO,
i am really annoyed as some areas are getting it and others not.we all provide the same care,so why not.:mad:

sarah707
22-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Cheshire have given printer, camera and photo frame to 40 people... they are giving laptops to 20 of those 40 people.

The rest of us are getting nowt :(

Monkey1
22-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I am still been given the run around. When i kicked up a fuss last time we had a questionaire...................still waiting!:rolleyes:

Jules12Wed
22-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I received £600 in December 2007 which had to be spent by February 2008 it had to be spent on some kind of IT equipment computer, printer, digital camera, software, paper, ink cartridges etc.

It was just for network childminders.

I have asked about more money after seeing on here about the capital grant and was told that maybe next year which of course is now this year.

merry
22-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm in Warrington and had a letter yesterday saying that due to government funding we were all getting £100 for resources to support quality practice. We have to go along to a session where suppliers will be there with toys, books, gardening equipment, seeds and choose what we want.

:)

Rasharoon
22-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I live in West Sussex and did query this but the long and short of it was that CM's weren't getting. The response I got is below:

"Those early years settings who are signed up to and operating within the West Sussex free entitlement scheme or where this capital project will enable entry to the scheme"

West Sussex were allocation the following funding:

2008-09 2009-10 2010-11

3,242.260 3,242,280 3,242,280

When I sent this information to them, of course, I didn't get a reply.

Minnie mouse
22-01-2009, 06:53 PM
im in derby and got not a crisp :angry:

watgem
22-01-2009, 06:53 PM
In somerset we were told only accredited childminders could get it, there aren't many of those in Somerset as we feel that the eyfs means all providers should be considered to be on a level playing field. Most of our group wanted to improve accessibilty of our outdoor areas but its not to be :( would willingly support any petition/letters etc

cher25
22-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Im in north tyneside and haven't heard or recieved anything about the capital grant. Apart from what i've read on here.

louised
22-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm in County Durham, i am a network childminder and my co-ordinator didn't know anything and wasn't interested in finding out.

LittleStars
22-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Im in Ealing and we have diddly squat..nada...nothing. It's really unfair!!!!

SimplyLucy
22-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm in Devon, we were sent forms but told it was only going to pre-schools, nurserys and if there was any left it would go to accredited childminders.:rolleyes:

Not good really. There should have been a set procedure seeings as we have to basically run the same as pre-schools and nurseries now.

sue
22-01-2009, 07:08 PM
nothing here in north Oxforshire!!!!!!!!!:mad:

daisychainqueen
22-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi, I'm in cambridgeshire and got a grant for Outcomes, quality and Inclusion. I got £2800 which was nice!!

This is what they said about it:-

"The funding should be used to support higher quality experiences for young children and to ensure that all children can access services and benefit fully from them."
"The Department for Children Schools and Families (DCSF) has allocated funding to support early years and childcare settings for the period April 2008 – March 2011. The grant has three aims:

• To improve the quality of the learning environment in early years settings to support delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), with a particular emphasis on improving play and physical activities, and ICT resources.
• To ensure all children, including disabled children, are able to access provision
• To enable private, voluntary and independent providers to deliver the extension to the free offer for 3 and 4 year olds in a flexible manner. "

jellytot
22-01-2009, 07:18 PM
im in vale royal, cheshire and we got nothin, was told its not for childminders!!

kindredspirits
22-01-2009, 07:25 PM
thank you ladies - keep 'em coming
daisychainqueen - are you an accredited childminder or not? (just trying to get a basic view on who if any have been given the big bucks)

thanks, anna x

daisychainqueen
22-01-2009, 07:28 PM
thank you ladies - keep 'em coming
daisychainqueen - are you an accredited childminder or not? (just trying to get a basic view on who if any have been given the big bucks)

thanks, anna x

Afraid so,
and I was given the impression that I should keep very very quiet about getting the money.

kindredspirits
22-01-2009, 07:29 PM
thank you very much, this is becoming very interesting.

LisaH
22-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm in Leeds and as far as I understand (meaning the paperwork is difficult to decipher) only network minders are able to apply!! I couldnt join a network if I wanted to cos there isn't one in my area!! Needless to say not impressed:panic:

sue m
22-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Afraid so,
and I was given the impression that I should keep very very quiet about getting the money.

Which is why I never mentioned it on here!! It was your business.

kindredspirits
22-01-2009, 08:02 PM
don't get me wrong in the slightest, i think its absolutely fantastic that you've been awarded part of this grant, and i am sure it will improve your setting no end - i would just like someone to actually explain why it is being distributed so haphazardly. you never know, they might rethink it in the future!

madasahatter
22-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm in Bradford and feel soooooo lucky. I really feel for all you minders out there who have had nothing. We get soooo much support (if we want it) and we were able to apply for up to £2500 before Christmas (will find out in the next few days how much I will get) to support all areas of the eyfs. It was open to every childminder in Bradford, though I know a lot of childminders didn't apply. You had to list what you wanted, approximate costs/suppliers and justify how it would help you meet the requirements of the eyfs.

Two years ago they offered grants to all registered settings (childminders, preschools, private nurseries etc) to support 'meeting ofsted outcomes' I think it was called, where you could apply for anything at all, supposedly to help you address any areas that ofsted had highlighted in your inspection report. Whilst the only requirement I had was to instigate and record a regular fire drill, I was still able to apply for and get replacement car seats (they were getting a bit old), new double pushchair, lots of equality resources, new travel cot and other things running to approx £750.

My advise is to move to Bradford everyone!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I am in Swindon Wiltshire and we were all given £250.00 to purchase toys/equipment but they linked it to EYFS training.

I also read that the money is being given for 2 years to the council but nothing so far has been heard

MrsT333
22-01-2009, 08:18 PM
My EYSO didint know anything about it...she tried to look iin to but she said it was only for nursery funded cm.

:angry: I really wanted some display boards and new activities

jeanybeany
22-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm in Staffordshire and we've had a camera/camcorder/mp3 thingy (probably valued at about £100 each). Staffordshire are also scrapping our Networks unless you are accredited so that's me off the Network as of April. They say that they are spending too much money supporting just a few childminders but guess which childminders have turned up to all the meetings so far, you've got it - the Network Minders.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying my minding at the mo, paperwork and knowledge seems to be heading in the right direction but access to the Capital Grant might have been nice .

They have funded my first year of NVQ though - suppose I shouldn't be too greedy.

Jane

I am in staffordshire too! I chose the mp3 microphones thinking that you would get atleast two, no just one with a value of £20 (seen a pack of five for about £100). Not really fair when I could have chose a camera but didn't due to having my own and thinking the older ones would like them. Yes they do like it but spend most of the time arguing over it (lol).

I too am in a network and applied to become accredited before I knew about this, but you are right the only cm that go to meetings are the network ones infact no other cm in my area are interested when I tell them about meet ups.

It would have been nice for all cm to be given a sum of money to choose resources to meet EYFS requirements but also meet the cm own establishment and the children's interests in their care. I would love some multicultural dresing up and a dark den!

They do fund training and things like you say, I suppose you can't have everything:)

mrsbumbles
23-01-2009, 07:38 AM
No not a thing :angry:

don the duck
23-01-2009, 07:56 AM
im in sandwell and nothing so far.... havent heard anything so i might give my dev worker a call

donnadoo2004200
23-01-2009, 08:01 AM
There wre 2 different forms in Bristol. Postcode lottery again. 1 Part of Bristol got it £300 another did not. I did not. Why dont they treat us all same, we all have to buy the same things at the end of the day.

twise
23-01-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm in barnet and they have still to meet to discuss what the money is used for. i did manage to talk to one of the senior childminder coordinators the other day and she said that no decision has been made but all childminders will be given a digital camera ....(have seen the digital cameras they provide and they are the cheapest of the cheap and to be honest I have one already) with regard to the the rest of the money you will have to send a proposal in and they will evaluate blah blah blah.:mad:

So it looks like the money is earning a nice bit of interest in the London borough of Barnet's account and childminders will be thrown a few scraps as and when they see fit.

Tracy

elaineg
23-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Im in Newcastle upon Tyne, we were given £1500 to buy things linked to EYFS and have been told we will be getting more in April but dont know how much yet.

love Elaine XX

Lottie
23-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I have heard nothing about this, I'm in Surrey.

marion123
23-01-2009, 10:50 AM
im from warrington ive got £100 to spend on toys also they are funding people to do there NVQ s but they must start the course before 27 feb

Nicky
23-01-2009, 10:54 AM
I come under the Bradford area and could apply up to £2500, which of course I did, have had confirmation this week that I can have it all except ICT equipment which they will be buying in bulk later this year!

Have had a great time going through web sites and catalogues with the mindees deciding what we would like!

I do think though that it should be available to all areas!

Nicky

deeb66
23-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Me...apparently in our area it's not for CM's!:angry:
I really wanted to do a sensory garden....instead:

Network minders were given a photo printer (wasn't v. impressed with the quality as already bought the same one), a digital camera (already got one), a kids camera (already got 2), a memory card & recharable batteries....alll of witch have to be returned if you leave the network.

I know I sound ungrateful, but in my case it was just a waste of money that could have been put to very good use elsewhere!

:(
The Networks were given totally seperate budgets from the Councils.

Any resources you received from the Network was not from the Capital Grant.

saintsue
23-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I am in BOLTON and i have never had anything from anybody
luv sue xxxxx

Blaze
23-01-2009, 12:05 PM
The Networks were given totally seperate budgets from the Councils.

Any resources you received from the Network was not from the Capital Grant.

I edited my post 3 times as I was unsure if it was separate or not...then couldn't get the post to read right & in the end gave up!

deeb66
23-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I edited my post 3 times as I was unsure if it was separate or not...then couldn't get the post to read right & in the end gave up!

You sound just like me :laughing:

Sometime it is just not worth the effort :laughing:

Blaze
23-01-2009, 12:08 PM
LOL...at least I know i'm not alone then!:laughing:

sallybrooke
23-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm in Bradford and feel soooooo lucky. I really feel for all you minders out there who have had nothing. We get soooo much support (if we want it) and we were able to apply for up to £2500 before Christmas (will find out in the next few days how much I will get) to support all areas of the eyfs. It was open to every childminder in Bradford, though I know a lot of childminders didn't apply. You had to list what you wanted, approximate costs/suppliers and justify how it would help you meet the requirements of the eyfs.

Two years ago they offered grants to all registered settings (childminders, preschools, private nurseries etc) to support 'meeting ofsted outcomes' I think it was called, where you could apply for anything at all, supposedly to help you address any areas that ofsted had highlighted in your inspection report. Whilst the only requirement I had was to instigate and record a regular fire drill, I was still able to apply for and get replacement car seats (they were getting a bit old), new double pushchair, lots of equality resources, new travel cot and other things running to approx £750.

My advise is to move to Bradford everyone!!!

My letter arrived today saying they would allow some of my initial request, but that any IT equipment will be allocated in April.
We have to now wait for the funding to reach our bank accounts.
I presume you've heard too?

madasahatter
23-01-2009, 02:59 PM
My letter arrived today saying they would allow some of my initial request, but that any IT equipment will be allocated in April.
We have to now wait for the funding to reach our bank accounts.
I presume you've heard too?

Our post is cr** always very late. The postie hasn't been yet, though I do know that the network was sending out letters in batches. Half of those I know applied have had their letter and half haven't yet. Will wait and see, won't panic until next week!

Michelle M
23-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Derby City Council are offering £500 for outdoor equipment eg, sensory gardens, Play equipment, Awnings to fix to your house, to encourage children to play outside. We will get the money at the begnning of Feb and have to spend it by March, on the form we have to give future plans, so by the sounds of it we will have more funding, I opted for my fance and gates to be done. Makes me mad when not eveyone is offered this sort of thing. This is not just for Network childminders.

Schnakes
23-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Reading, Berks: Didnt know anything about it and wish I didnt know anything about it cos Im ****** annoyed!!

Sx

Lincsminder
23-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm in Lincolnshire and I don't think we can get anything.

miffy
23-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I can't believe the huge variation in what people are getting depending where they are in the country - it doesn't seem right

Well done Anna for asking the question and trying to do something about it

Miffy xx

inspiron
24-01-2009, 02:45 PM
hi childminder in Brighton nobody here knows anything about it they think i am making it up i tell them to look on this forum but dont think they do

teacake2
24-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I am in Staffordshire too, got the digital camera and printer but nothing else. I am an accredited network childminder but nothing else has been offered to me. I challenged this with Stafford, about other areas getting more money and others not being allowed anything and she told me I knew nothing about it!!!! and should not believe anything anyone on a forum told me!!!. I told her in no uncertain terms that what cannot be found out on this forum is not worth knowing about, needless to say she was not very happy with MY ATTITUDE and was not prepared to discuss the matter any further with me.
I had been told at the beginning of the conversation that the phone call could be recorded for training purposes etc., bet this one was deleted.:angry: :angry: :angry:
Teacake2

louise
24-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Its so annoying Im in worthing and have had nothing. Looks like its not me being silly seeing other replies from those local to me.
Lou

Donkey
24-01-2009, 09:16 PM
In sheffield and I havent had any money offered to me directly...

think it all goes in a pot somewhere to gather dust

berkschick
24-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I am under Wokingham, Berkshire and we have had naff all :rolleyes:

mum2two
24-01-2009, 10:14 PM
We both got a letter in Dec, saying Network minders could apply. As neither of us our on the network, we could't apply, so what was the point in rubbing our nose in it... :angry: We come under Basingstoke & Deane, in Hampshire.

Seeing as I have just started the Level 3 DHC course and have applied to go on the network it seems really unfair!

And there is only one network minder nearby out of about 8 of us, so only 1 from 8 that could of applied for the grant!

There is so much I could have done to develop my garden to use all weather, and sensory etc - but no...

Little Pumpkins
24-01-2009, 10:26 PM
none for me

sammy
25-01-2009, 12:13 AM
i sent my form back in nov applying for printer/camera and laptop - havnt heard anything back yet, i might chase them soon if they dont hurry as my cam has recently broken and i dont want to pay for another as i use it all the time for my mindees. im in surrey by the way

Mollymop
25-01-2009, 12:53 AM
I dunno! Sorry Anna, but I am really not sure about the Capital grant. Surely if it were in my area I would have known about it.
So no, I guess we didn't receive it either not dilly poo! ha

I was offered a grant to help with courses, multicultrial things, etc - was able to claim at the most £100 maximum. I thought this was all just a part of the help you get in your first year of registering.

Is this all a part of the Capital Grant??

Mollymop
25-01-2009, 12:58 AM
i sent my form back in nov applying for printer/camera and laptop - havnt heard anything back yet, i might chase them soon if they dont hurry as my cam has recently broken and i dont want to pay for another as i use it all the time for my mindees. im in surrey by the way

WHAT!!! arggghhhh! I want a new laptop, camera and printer!!!! That must be over £500 worth of stuff! It is so not fair.
Not your fault either Sammy- sorry. ha. You are lucky - go girl!

loocyloo
25-01-2009, 05:16 PM
mum2two - We both got a letter in Dec, saying Network minders could apply. As neither of us our on the network, we could't apply, so what was the point in rubbing our nose in it... We come under Basingstoke & Deane, in Hampshire.

Seeing as I have just started the Level 3 DHC course and have applied to go on the network it seems really unfair!

And there is only one network minder nearby out of about 8 of us, so only 1 from 8 that could of applied for the grant!

There is so much I could have done to develop my garden to use all weather, and sensory etc - but no...

i am in nth hants too, coming under hart district. i was told as a network minder i could apply ... i am in the process of registering on the network & then to become an acreditated minder. i was told i could still apply, but on reading all the bumpf i would have had to get quotes/business plan etc, and had to link application to EYFS, and they were keen on improving buildings, although i could have asked for ict stuff. then, if you wanted over £2500, you had to supply 3 quotes etc. in the end, it was far too much information required, and not much time. the NCMA/EECU in our area, didn't confirm that childminders could even apply till mid november, and then wanted applications in by 31st dec 08. what with christmas and lots of children !!! i didn't have time to research what i wanted! plus, in that i am not fully 'done' yet, i may still have not got anything!

i don't know of any minders in my area that even applied, let alone received any grant.

it would have been much fairer to share it out equally to all minders, or at least to all networked minders.

loocyloo xxx

Nettynoo
25-01-2009, 10:55 PM
No absolutely diddley squat here in Portsmouth too!!! Good luck with it!!!

beerheaven
25-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Nothing here in Gloucestershire! Network or no network!!
Am feeling pretty miffed!!

Dom's Mam
26-01-2009, 12:21 PM
I am in Redcar and Cleveland and haven't heard anything, although I recently completed my DHC which was funded by NCMA,and am about to start my NVQ3 which is also funded by NCMA. Mind you our council are PANTS! :doh:

Tracey1
26-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Hiya I live in hampshire, I wasn't allowed the grant as I wasn't a network childminder.

Think it is all a joke, that we have to struggle to adapt our homes to fit in with the guide lines and not have help with funding.

LittleMissSparkles
26-01-2009, 02:32 PM
our local Kidslincs told me they have decided to allocate their money to outdoor equipment and will be giving it to Nurseries and creches etc first as they service more children than childminders and then maybe they will offer it to childminders if they have anything left, they said the government have given them descretion on how they give the money out !!!!!!!! I told them what I thought ........................

xxx

louni
26-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm in Lancashire and asked my Network co ordinator re the grant and she said she had't heard of it, so nothing here to my knowledge.

sammy
26-01-2009, 10:32 PM
i asked today about my new LAPTOP, PRINTER, SCANNER and DIGITAL CAMERA, as i havtn heard since NOV, and i was told the letters would be coming out within the next few weeks to the people who have been successful, then she added and i know who those people are and gave ME a smile - so looks as if im getting it - whoo hoo!!

shell73
27-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I am based in Tameside, Manchester.
Our grants were not distrubed we had to apply for it!!

The sent a massive self evaluation form for us to fill basically saying what you got and why want you improve it etc
Then the same packed application saying almost the same thing.

I didnt apply as was too much hassle, it had to be in just before crimbo and only recoieved it begin of dec.
Shelley

marion123
08-02-2009, 02:19 PM
i went yesterday and spent my £100 vouchter here are the things i got

wooden train set
extra trains
teaching clock with numbers and shapes
6 fairy jigsaws
jigsaw books x2
bingo foods from around the world
lacing pictures
12 phonics books
goldilocks and 3 bears puppets
6 cube jigsaws

i had lots of fun spending the money as it wasnt my money :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
08-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I didnt know i was entitled to anything so maybe I wasnt ... how did you get to hear about it?

Heaven Scent
08-02-2009, 02:40 PM
As Sarah707 says nothing much in cheshire - nurseries got it though - I queried this and wasn't told anything about the minders Sarah mentioned but was told that no money was being given to minders because they could leave at any time. To make up for that they are offering 3 lots of training with limited spaces but you can only attend 1 lot of training. At the end of your chosen course you will be given a gift as follows 1) Heuristic play - a treasure basket, 2) ICT - a kiddies digital camera, a photo printer &/or some other piece of IT equipment, & 3) Block Play - a set of large blocks that would take up half of your paly space. Not fair and not ideal.

Michelle M
08-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I have had a confirmation letter saying they will find me £383.20 not £500 as the plants I put down for the sensory garden cannot be funded, but the bendy mirrors and geo mobiles and finishing off the decking area is funded, just got to wait for the cheque now, and have to spend it within the month and send in original reciepts :)

Bevbeetle
08-02-2009, 05:25 PM
nothing in shropshire :crying:

Tired
08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm in Hampshire too, and on a network. I applied, but we don't hear till the end of Feb. The application form was a nightmare, having to justify ourselves several times over on differnt forms at different times, for different people.

marion123
08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I didnt know i was entitled to anything so maybe I wasnt ... how did you get to hear about it?

all childminders in warrington got a letter to say we had £100 to spend we had to go to a venue and send it there you had to spend all of it which of course i did :)

barbarella68
08-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I live in Wiltshire and am under North Wilts District Council and I had to apply just before xmas,I asked for new camera as mine broke,I want to buy a Fizzbook zoostorm laptop for the kids,and a new wooden play house for kids,also some other small bits and pieces which they agreed to,I had a cheque last Friday for £708.58p.
I am not accredited,but was really shocked I got this money,can't wait for it too clear.:clapping:

helenlc
14-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I really need to chase my local council about this one.

I called them last October time and was fobbed off with "we will get in touch with people soon but we are providing nurseries etc first and if any is left, it will be passed onto childminders through something we choose to give out".

Well I spoke to a friend tonight whose daughter is a childminder in a neighbouring borough and she recently got a laptop, digital camera, printer/scanner etc and loads of soft ware and other ICT type equipment.

So I am going to call Monday and keep on at them!!!

Doddy01
16-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi all - I am in Hertfordshire and have not heard anything whatsoever about this. What is the best course of action to enquire about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. :)

kiddywink
16-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I think some places haven't been allocated there fund yet, so don't despair your time may be coming!! :laughing:

RedDragon
19-02-2009, 02:06 PM
oops sorry

julie w
07-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I live in Stoke-on-Trent and have just put an order in for £8,000 worth of toys and equipment. I know I am very lucky in this area, but it seems so unfair that some have this capital grant and others dont. We never have to pay for any training here either.

ORKSIE
07-05-2009, 09:01 AM
I am waiting to see if I get my grant, fingers crossed:)
I found out about it thru my Network.

avril
07-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I come under Sefton and got an outdoor playhouse from TTS valued 525.00, community playthings building blocks priced 186.00, a cart to put the blocks in 111.00, a digital camera for me, one for the children, a photo printer, digital photo frame, memory card, memory stick and rechargeable batteries with charger.

Very kind but not much thought gone into the package, lots of us already have digital cameras, printers, building blocks and not everyone had the space for a outdoor playhouse!

But at least we got something:clapping:

The Juggler
07-05-2009, 05:27 PM
What Capital grant?

Sutton Council have not offered us any money and trying to get hold of anyone on the team is almost impossible.

You try and ring them and you can never get anybody on the phone. You leave a message and lo and behold they always phone back when you are on the school run so you can't talk!!!!:mad:

We're not getting any money from the access grant either - despite the survey about what we'd like. They're buying in resources and putting them at the children's centre on a loan basis.

Lady Haha
07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm in Bristol, but come under South Glos council. I rang my development worker after reading about this on here a while back and she said it was for accredited childminders only here:(

Reading this thread makes me think how unfair it is though! I'm a single parent and my income is the only one coming into the household, so any help to buy things to improve the way I deliver EYFS would've been gratefully received!

singlewiththree
07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I didn't this year as I haven't been registered long enough however I can apply in April next year apparently.

brillminder
30-08-2009, 02:17 PM
i live northants and acreddited and nothing yet, I am accredited and network, rumours of a laptop package .

Toothfairy
30-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm in Kent and didn't get a penny!

MissTinkerbell
30-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks Anna for doing this... I noticed in Who Minds? they were asking for people's experiences of the Capital Grant and I fully intended to do something about it but as usual it got put on the to do pile and nothing got done!

I fall under Peterborough City Council and we've got nothing. I did email my childcare advisor to be told that it wasn't for CM's or so she thought and would get back to me. I heard nothing. I do know that our local nursery/preschool have received somewhere between £20K-£40K to enable them to put forward a bid for an extension to meet the welfare requirements of all the children and this came from the Capital Grant fund!

Thank you so much for doing this. I hope that you get somewhere with it because like you I feel that it is unfair that some councils have distributed it to CMs and others haven't. After all it is for implementing and meeting the requirements of the EYFS and we are all doing that whether we are a CM; a preschool or a nursery.

grindal
30-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I am fairly new to childminding and in Enfield and nobody has mentioned any sort of funding to me!! I will contact my DO after the weekend and find out if I am entitled to anything

Monkey1
30-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Been working on my paperwork all weekend, going to submit them on Tuesday!

angiemog
30-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I haven't heard anything about it in Norfolk....but I have only just started minding. Does anyone else know anything about Norwich/Norfolk?? x

kellym3
30-08-2009, 09:54 PM
nop diddily squat in in norfolk (childminding matters) heard absalutley nothing though i courses are free. had a new sure start center start up localy gave pre-schools£1000,nursary i think £1000 or 5000,toddler groups all got £500.when i asked sure start thay said that cm will get funding well that sure start will buy things for us on loan and to hire . i went on 3 courses in sure start center first course all pre-schools/nurs rot £200 of books but we could borrow from ss.2 course ever1 got a builders tray but not us cant emember wat thay got from 3course.not fare thay say that more children would benefit from pre-schools/ nurs we dont have many children to benefit. bla bla bla:angry:

Trouble
30-08-2009, 10:14 PM
we dont get anything at all:angry: :angry:

jaytravis
31-08-2009, 12:16 PM
im in lincolnshire and we didnt get anything either think it was going to nursarys

atmkids
31-08-2009, 05:32 PM
im in lincolnshire and we didnt get anything either think it was going to nursarys

I'm also in Lincolnshire. Did you not get the £100 ELC voucher?

cara1235
31-08-2009, 05:57 PM
i'm in herefordshire and sent a list of lots of IT equipment i wanted to the value of about £5500 then had to wait for 3 months then was sent a cheque for £3500 so by the sounds of it i am one of the lucky ones and all the other childminders in my area have been able to access the grant also we are now awaiting our outdoor grant application packs!

nokidshere
31-08-2009, 07:12 PM
I am in Swindon Wiltshire and we were all given £250.00 to purchase toys/equipment but they linked it to EYFS training.

I also read that the money is being given for 2 years to the council but nothing so far has been heard

I am also in Wiltshire and have had nothing even though some have. When I enquired about it I was told that it hadn't all been distributed yet, but when another minder friend enquired she was told (by the same person) that it had all been allocated and no more was available!!!!

Adiamond
31-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm also in Lincolnshire. Did you not get the £100 ELC voucher?

I am in Lincolnshire and I haven't received anything :( x x x

youarewhatyoueat
31-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm in north gloucs. and have been nagging on about this for ages, I was told we were going to and then received a letter telling me that to get anything I had to be accredited and the grants were only being given to childminders who needed alterations to their houses to allow access for disabled children. I was not best pleased so have asked for information regarding how many childminders and children this will benefit, that was 3 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything.
I have spent nearly all of my money earnt this year on new equipment and updating my resources to meet everyones needs. I have a shopping list that stands at over £600 of things that I still need to be able to carry on minding. This is mainly for storage as I'm fed up with things taking over my house. I'm seriously considering giving up now, I'm doing the nvq3 in my time and all the paperwork, for what!! I don't need £8000 or even £2,500, £1,500 would cover most of what I need, it just doesn't seem fair.

LittleMissSparkles
01-09-2009, 07:00 AM
not 1p for childminders round here :angry: :angry: :angry:

kindredspirits
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
My EYSO didint know anything about it...she tried giifififto look iin to but she said it was only for nursery funded cm.

:angry: I really wanted some display boards and new activitiesjvjjijcmvjvjvvnvnvnvvjvhvg ouggygguu

kkf

kindredspirits
09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
My EYSO didint know anything about it...she tried to look iin to but she said it was only for nursery funded cm.

:angry: I really wanted sojvuyh hcuffbsh
me display boards and new activities

iifiif 87r yfh yy okxbdndjdjjdjududu

zippy
09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I didnt even know there was such a thing till i read this, would love to know how to get hold of it in north yorkshire though.

kindredspirits
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM

:angry: I really wanted some display boards and new activitiesjcjcjcjchchchhchcjcfjc

kindredspirits
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM

:angry: I really wanted some display boards and new activitiesjddmdmmdmdmgj h fjfkddjffjsnszahffdvfbxhdjdddjd

zippy
10-09-2009, 07:15 PM
asked childminding support officer today, all I could get out of her was no not for childminders, didnt say what money had gone on though

kindredspirits
15-09-2009, 04:37 PM

:angry: I really wanted some display boards and new activitieskxxx,x,x,x,xsslsjsj

kindredspirits
15-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Whoops - please forgive my sons posts!! Hes only 2 1/2! :D

mrsgreen
15-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Whoops - please forgive my sons posts!! Hes only 2 1/2! :D

lol thought you had gone mad!

heard nothing here, east herts!:laughing: