PDA

View Full Version : How much longer can this carry on?

kelzunique
22-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok, so i need to vent, ive got so many things in my head i'd love to know if others are feelig the same! I have been minding for 3 years and work from 7.30am to 6.30pm mon-fri. Weekend i use about half of the time doing paperwork, and my weekly food shop. All i earn is £7500 a year. I care for 2 children under five. I work my *bottom* off makig sure that i get all of my eyfs paperwork done properly, and have full and structured weeks with the children, yet that is all i earn, and thats the most i can get my parents to pay. By the time all my bills and rent are taken out i have hardly any money left, and i'm expected to by new materials regularly. Surely the goverments could provide us with an allowance for getting some new materials every now and then. We all work so hard, and i really just feel we dont get paid what we deserve. Another thing annoying me is i could get working tax credits, exept i cant because im 23 not 25?!? How does that work? I love my job so much but i really dont know how much longer i carry on like this. I never have any money left just for me to enjoy myself, i just feel we are really overlooked.

Sorry about that random rant, but just needed to get it out! :angry:

tinkerbelle
22-01-2009, 03:53 PM
how come you cant get tax credits one of the mums i mind for is 21 shes been claiming them for the past year and a half it was my understanding that you had to be over 16 or 18 not 100% which and work more than 16 hours a week if you had kids that is
plus if your looking after children full time 2 of 11 hours a day 5 days a week you only charging £1.31 ph per child i would not work for that no chance what is the going rate in your area look it up and raise your fees inline with those if a parent is happy with your service they are most likely to pay the raise

aly
22-01-2009, 04:31 PM
AND you dont need to be a parent either. you can be single and claim WTC too.

I would defo find out why you can't claim thats wrong.

kelzunique
22-01-2009, 04:31 PM
no, i have 1 who is full tiime, and 1 who is part time. the going rate is 3.50ph. Child tax credits are a younger age, but i have no children of my own! :(

Noodles
22-01-2009, 04:32 PM
A single person cannot clain working tax credits until they are 25. Its different if you have children

Mollymop
22-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh I didn't know that about tax credits - maybe the government (you know what they are like:rolleyes: ) think that by the time you reach 25 you have earned enough (paid enough tax) in your working life to get credits on your tax. Maybe that is why, it seems unfair though, as I know a few people in their late 20's who have hardly ever worked but if they started work tomorrow they would be entitled to wtc and you are not. So unfair on you, hey?
Can you take on more children?
I know how you feel about all the materials we have to buy and INK! I get through so much ink at £20 odd a time.

kindredspirits
22-01-2009, 04:55 PM
have you looked into income support or other benefits? i actually 'earn' about £160 a week but am entitled to nearly full housing benefit.