PDA

View Full Version : What do you put in your acciden book?

Clever Clogs
22-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Looking for some quick advice before I send one of my mindees home today. Both him and my ds are 19 months (2 wks apart) and I think the terrible two's have begun between them - very reluctant to share toys, snatching, grabbing etc off each other. Anyway today they came to blows over a toy, mindee pushed my ds who ha banged his head but is fine and my ds scratched mindees face - he too was fine. No tears from them just frustration screaming. I have wrote on the mindees diary about his face and what happened but just wondered if I should put this in the accident book? I think probably but then think this is going to be an ongoing issue for a wee while. Any advice?

Thanks
Tracey

venus89
22-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I really don't know - when I started I used to record every little scratch but it just seemed silly for tiny knocks etc. I'll be interested to see the answer

misst104
22-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I think I would put it in book as then you are covered as parent will presumably have to sign it. If it keeps happening you may well have finger ache from all the entries but as I said you are then covered. And as you are a childminder I know you must LOVE paperwork :rolleyes:

Jo x x x

rickysmiths
22-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes it should be recorded in your book you and the parent sign and then you give a copy to the parent. In my experience Ofsted always look at the book and expect to see a number of incidents of this nature. If there are none recorded they will probably question you about it.

Mollymop
22-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes I would put any kind of injury in the accident/incident book.
(with the exception of falling over and scrapping knees, unless really bad - I could fill my whole accident book in 2 weeks if i reported it everytime it happened. haha)

miffy
22-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes I would put any kind of injury in the accident/incident book.
(with the exception of falling over and scrapping knees, unless really bad - I could fill my whole accident book in 2 weeks if i reported it everytime it happened. haha)

I agree!

Ofsted have always asked to see my accident book and I know one childminder who was asked to produce her accident record for something that had happened 4 years before her inspection just because the mindee mentioned it when the inspector was there. Better safe than sorry.

Miffy xx

Clever Clogs
22-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for that. I did as suggested and put it in my book.

Best to do too much paperwork I suppose than get it wrong.

Cheers
Tracey

mum22
22-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Yup cover yourself, I always put in anything that leaves a mark

miffy
22-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Hope both the little ones were OK and mindees mum too :)

Miffy xx

Bananabrain
23-01-2009, 03:06 PM
What do I put in my accident book? EVERYTHING!!!! In fact, sometimes parents look at me as if I'm barmy when I ask them to sign:laughing: