PDA

View Full Version : Advertising??

Hebs
22-01-2009, 01:07 PM
well fingers crossed i should **touch wood** get my certificate next week :clapping:

BUT

I go on holiday in 7 weeks for 1 week and don't want to start any kids to then have to take a week off IYSWIM but i'd like to get my name out there

SO

would you advertise stating that you have a vacancy available from April 1st??

misst104
22-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I think that's what I would do heather. Would be less problematic perhaps although I'm not registered yet so am sure that someone with more knowledge and experience may be able to advise better than I can :)

Hope you have a good holiday you lucky thing, going anywhere nice????

Jo x xx

Hebs
22-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Hope you have a good holiday you lucky thing, going anywhere nice????

Jo x xx

EGYPT

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

rickysmiths
22-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Yes absolutley advertise now and if you want to start earlier try some parents wont mind about your holiday.

Also be aware that a lot of parents may well have in excess of 5weeks holiday a year. I have one at the moment, been with me for nearly a year and she recently let slip that she has 36 days a year!!!! She had a very ordinary job and is not a high flier or anything. Made me feel very justified in taking my 25 paid days a year!!!

Dont forget to make sure your name is on the CIS list and put a bit of info about yourself and your setting, qualifications ie up to date 1st Aid and Safeguarding Children etc.

If you want before and after schoolers visit your local school and ask for a form to fill in to put in their folder. All schools have them now. Your local Childrens Centre will hold a list of vacancies and may display a vacancies post card for you.

Put a card in your car , no address or name but a mobile phone no?

Good luck.

Hebs
22-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Put a card in your car , no address or name but a mobile phone no?

Good luck.

I have had a price for my business logo and my mobile number to be put on the back windscreen of my car......... £40 :clapping:

misst104
22-01-2009, 01:41 PM
EGYPT

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Is there something I don't know about egypt and childminders???? You are second person on here who has told me they are going there in the next few weeks. CM convention perhaps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jox x x

Mollymop
22-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah I would defo be advertising Heather! Good luck x

jibberjitz
22-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Ooh I'd love to go to Egypt!!!! Lucky thing!!!!:laughing:

I think I would advertise now as time too :thumbsup:

Liz

kindredspirits
22-01-2009, 07:33 PM
when i started last year i had a holiday booked for beginning of october - told parents straight when they came for their first visit and it didn't stop any of them signing up, one said they would wait until the week i was back - but ended up doing 2 weeks before i went, and the other started straight away but knew to arrange cover for that week. i'd just advertise your vacancies and make sure you tell parents early on about your week off.
anna xxxx

Hebs
22-01-2009, 09:56 PM
:thumbsup: thanks guys

my printer is going to know i'm off work tomorrow :laughing:

Hebs
23-01-2009, 04:48 PM
right

another question :laughing:

would you do a leaflet drop locally or near the schools i'm able to collect from or both??

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Both ! maximise your chances! good luck x

Hebs
23-01-2009, 05:32 PM
thanks hun xx

Shirlwith3
23-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I have jsut ordered a pair of roller blinds for my car with my details on, only cost me £17.99 whcih inclued postage & packaging

I should get them sometiem next week hopefully.

This is where I have rodered them from-

http://www.tsl-products.co.uk

Shirl

Hebs
23-01-2009, 07:45 PM
where can i get some leaflets printed?

i just need colour photocopies of one i've already done