PDA

View Full Version : Ins for over 8's

Bananabrain
22-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi just read a thread from Jane 66 that says ins doesn't cover you for over 8's.As most of my current mindees are over 8,I'm seriously panicking.I've got ins through ncma Royal and Sun alliance.Can anyone out there clarify this pleeeese before I blow a gasket:)

Pipsqueak
22-01-2009, 12:26 PM
your public liability should cover you for all children - providing you are within your numbers.

Check your documents carefully and if yo are still in doubt give them a call

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I think Jane is misinformed - insurance covers you as per your registration

madasahatter
22-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I've just received my new ncma insurance certificate and on the back there is a section on the number of children covered. It says
' the policy provides inclusive cover for registered childminders who may care for children over 7 years of age as well as children under 8. The number of children covered under the policy is the number of under 8's the registered childminder is registered to care for. In addition cover is provided for children aged 8 to 15 years of age. The maximum number of children the policy will cover is 12'
Then there is a bit for over 7's childminders which says 'the maximum number of children covered under the policy in the care of an over 7's childminder should not exceed 6 children aged 8 to 15 years.

Hope that helps

Bananabrain
23-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys,you are all great replying to my daft questions.I've checked and it's ok.That's that worry off the list. Now,what can I stress about next:laughing: