PDA

View Full Version : parents late

marion123
22-01-2009, 11:21 AM
parents arrived 1 hr late this morning no phone call should have been here at 8 came at 9 they left in a hurry as late for work baby is full of a cold and coughing not well atall i bet baby has been up all night ill dont you just hate it when they do that to you baby sleep at moment so its quiet as baby has been moaning since parent left not having a good day :mad:

sue m
22-01-2009, 11:25 AM
They didn't mention it then before they rushed off? It is so annoying. Being an hour late with no call is disgusting too. My lo's Dad sends me a text and says sorry sue, running about 10 mins late. He's always apologizing. If he continues to be unwell I'd ring them and tell them to come and get him or at least ask if you can give him some calpol and then get them to sign when they collect him. Just my own opinion.

marion123
22-01-2009, 11:29 AM
im going to see how he is when he wakes up its not fair on the other mindees at the moment they are making laterns having fun :)

rickysmiths
22-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Lucky you werent on a school run!!! I once had a parent who seemed to think they could turn up at any time convienient to them at the begining or end of the day.

One morning I had planned to go out, this parent did not arrive or phone so after 1/2hr I went out as planned. We were going to a farm 10 miles away. By the time a very irrate parent phoned asking where was I, we were half way there!!!! He was furious but I gave him the option of coming and meeting me. Otherwise I said sorry I cant help till 3.30pm when I was coming home.

These parents never messed me around again!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

As far as a sick child, I,m quite hard if one is brought to me - the parents have to come and fetch them and take them home. I will NEVER give calpol under those circumstances because experience has told me that they have prob dosed the child before bringing them to me, if they havent told me and its not in my medication in the morning-tough they come and fetch.