PDA

View Full Version : get a bit fed up and bored!

Bex1
22-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I have been advertising for weeks and although many enquiries I have no one signed up yet! I am advertising every where and I mean everywhere and yet still nothing:(

I wasnt expecting people to be banging down my door to get a childminder and I have had two mums come and visit but I am worried I am being a complete dofus when it comes to having the meeting or that there is just not the demand for childminders around here at the moment!

I am begining to get fed up and a little bored of waiting!

:rolleyes:

Annie_T
22-01-2009, 09:49 AM
your get some soon hun dont worry.
it dont help lot people are being made redundant etc
but im sure your have some mindee's soon x

angeldelight
22-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear you are having no luck yet

Where have you advertised ? Maybe you need to focus on this and keep yourself occupied and hopefully something will come along

It can take ages sometimes but once the calls start coming they really do

Good luck hope you have a call soon

Angel xx

Bex1
22-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi
I am advertising at local schoo, hospital, 3 big local utility companies, water,electric and communications, my website is up and running, netmums, yell.com, gumtree, disc, mumsnet and I am about to put a poster up in my car window...not sure where else to advertise!!

rickysmiths
22-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi
I am advertising at local schoo, hospital, 3 big local utility companies, water,electric and communications, my website is up and running, netmums, yell.com, gumtree, disc, mumsnet and I am about to put a poster up in my car window...not sure where else to advertise!!

Sounds like you are doing loads. Well done.
I moved hose 4.5yrs ago. I had been minding for 10yrs then and has never had a problem filling vacancies ever. It was a hugh shock when we moved 10 miles away. It took me 18mths to fill up again!

What I did do though was go to a local Childminding Drop in group. You dont have to have any children to go but you get to know other childminers and get a feel for what is going on in your area. We often refer parents who call to each other, to get the right school drop off or the right days for a parent etc.

If you dont know where the is a group you can ring NCMA and they should be able to tell you where your nearest one is.

Keep going it will be worth it in the end.

Jules27
22-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Chin up hun!! it will happen eventully! I've not been minding long and to be honest some of the mums who have been round but not signed up the main reason is because they wanted a minder who had been minding for longer:rolleyes: !!!!!

I have had people say 'no' coz i've not worked in a nursery!!!!

That 1st contract will be just around the corner when you least expect it!!! Top of list for advertising must be to talk to other minders in your area!:)

Mummits
22-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Do you have a friend or neighbour whose baby/child you could look after maybe just for an hour or two a week? My friends little boy was my childminding guinea pig - it helped me to get into the routines and sort out what kit I needed and I think also gave my first "proper" parents some confidence that I knew what it was like to look after someone else's children.

singlewiththree
22-01-2009, 02:30 PM
me to Bex :(

The family who came on Saturday haven't got back to me yet which I don't think is good news.

I only have a boy from preschool 1 day in the hols plus 2 settling in sessions and my friends 7yr old girl in the hols, when and if my friend gets a job so nothing that I can pay my mortgage with. I've just changed my method of advertising as I only really want children in the hols if I get this family in Sept so I'm showing how positive it is to send to a childminder rather than the hol club (as afterall the hol club are a lot cheaper!)

Ripeberry
22-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry you're not having much luck yet Bex. I was a bit surprised today when collecting my daughter from pre-school. Another childminder was putting up an advert on the wall of the school and i gave her permission to, because i'm on the committee.
But i was a bit miffed as i was going to put my advert up there :rolleyes:
Anyway, found out that she was the local advertising co-ordinator for all the childminders in our area and she was saying that all of a sudden its gone really quiet.
Oh well, i'll keep doing my little cleaning jobs for now until i get a proper full-time mindee. I've not really advertised but she was saying that people are getting jobs by word of mouth, so BEX make yourself seen outside schools and pre-schools maybe someone will come up to you.

marian
22-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Fingers crossed that you get some mindees soon:)

Marian x

jibberjitz
22-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Hope you get some mindees soon :thumbsup:

Liz