PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is gen?

John
28-01-2008, 11:35 PM
With all the scams going around with childminders, I'm would like your say on this email i have just recive. It might be someone on here how is a genuien person, as i posted in one of the forums where i'm at.

here is the email.

hi John

I beleive you have vacancies for child minding. Could you please tell me where abouts in Barrow you live, how much you charge and how many children you look after (and their ages)? Also do you have a garden?

Thanks

Rachael.

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:36 PM
looking at the others i would say yes:panic:

John
28-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I thought it might be gen as it's not asking for cash upfrount, but i'll see if anyone eles thinks so :)

John.

ajs
28-01-2008, 11:38 PM
reply with a general reply not going into specifics about the children and their ages etc and see if she replies to it.
you could just ask where she got your email address most people wouldn't be offended asking that
also could your email be on the cumbrian children's information service details

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:40 PM
reply with a general reply not going into specifics about the children and their ages etc and see if she replies to it.
you could just ask where she got your email address most people wouldn't be offended asking that
also could your email be on the cumbrian children's information service details

this is probably polite, surely when they got your email address they would of asked for your phone no too?:eek:

ajs
28-01-2008, 11:42 PM
may be but because of the time she has emailed instead of calling.
i know a number of minders get first enquireies by email

John
28-01-2008, 11:44 PM
My phone number is not on the CIS or on my home page only my mobile number. What would you think what to say writing back?

John.

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:44 PM
well keep our fingers crossed anyway:clapping:

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:45 PM
i would put what ajs said

John
28-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Thank's i'll send an email tomorrow, you have to be so careful now adays,

John.

ajs
28-01-2008, 11:51 PM
dear rachael
thank you for your email
i currently care for xx amount of children aged between x and x
i charge xxx
yes i do have access to a garden
please could you tell me the ages of your children and the hours and days of care that you are looking for so i can see if i can be of assistance to you

please in your reply could you let me know how you got my email address and how you heard about me i am trying to see which of my adverts were the most successful

i look forward to hearing from you
john

what do you think john is that any good x

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:53 PM
can you do mine for me that brill:clapping: :clapping:

John
28-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Super :) never been any good in writing letters lol, thank's

I'll let you know the outcome.

John.

ajs
28-01-2008, 11:55 PM
can you do mine for me that brill:clapping: :clapping:

thank you :laughing:

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:55 PM
ok pm ;) me tomorrow, im dying to know how and if shes real

ajs
28-01-2008, 11:58 PM
ok pm ;) me tomorrow, im dying to know how and if shes real

let me know too john i hope she is genuine though it doesn't sound to me like a hoax but you can never tell

let me know if you want any more help writing the email

John
28-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Thank's again all, i was going to have an early night until i check my email, since ajs give me a email to send i'll do it before bed,

Good night everone see you all tomorrow

night night

John.

ajs
29-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Thank's again all, i was going to have an early night until i check my email, since ajs give me a email to send i'll do it before bed,

Good night everone see you all tomorrow

night night

John.

night night john (boy) sorry couldn't resist xx

angeldelight
29-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Good luck John hope something comes of this

Angel xx

sarah707
29-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Good luck with the reply John... I think it's genuine too!

PS. I like the new avatar... he looks really happy! :D

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
29-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Good luck with this one John, have you had a reply yet.

Lorraine xx

Pipsqueak
29-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Fingers crossed for you. Let us know the response.

It's horrible that we have to become so cautious of enquiries isn't it

berkschick
29-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Good luck!

My email address as well as both phone numbers is on all my adverts.

I have had quite a few emails from parents too, I hope something good comes of this one for you!

peggy
29-01-2008, 02:28 PM
With all the scams going around with childminders, I'm would like your say on this email i have just recive. It might be someone on here how is a genuien person, as i posted in one of the forums where i'm at.

here is the email.

hi John

I beleive you have vacancies for child minding. Could you please tell me where abouts in Barrow you live, how much you charge and how many children you look after (and their ages)? Also do you have a garden?

Thanks

Rachael.

Sounds genuine i've had similar enquiries, however i never give out my details on e-mail, i mail back and ask them for their number or ask them to telephone me to arrange for a meeting. I put something like this " thank you for your enquiry, I do have vacancies at present. Due to the nature of my job and i am sure you can understand that i do have to be cautious when giving out details regarding my care via email, and therefore would welcome the opportunity for a meeting whereby with can discuss fully the care you require. Please telephone me on xyz or alternatively please mail me your number and i will give you a call - look forward to hearing from you, with kind regards"

peggy
29-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Sorry! I really really really must read an entire thread before posting!!!!!! Sounds as though you have it sorted ! Good luck !!!

xxx

ajs
29-01-2008, 02:38 PM
peggy i do that leave a reply then realise it has been answered in loads of posts.

or not read it properly in the first place so i leave a reply that doesn't make any sense at all:) :blush:

Mollymop
29-01-2008, 05:30 PM
How did it go John? Have you heard back. XXX

John
29-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi :)

Got reply back and it's gen, she got my email address from this forum under advertise you vacancies here. She is looking for options for childcare and she will think about me :) so i've email my home phone number and put a link on the email to my home page so she can have a look at what good care i offer.

Hope she phones as she sounds a realy nice mum, and with my rev and being well liked i think she will feel comfortable me looking after her child.

John. (Johnboy)

peggy
29-01-2008, 08:08 PM
cool! fingers crossed xx !

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 11:29 AM
That is good news John

Good luck hope she comes back to you

Angel xx

ajs
30-01-2008, 12:01 PM
well done john i am so glad it did prove to be genuine

and good luck you may get the child yet.

x

Minnie Minx
30-01-2008, 12:23 PM
well done john, i've got my fingers crossed for you

xx