PDA

View Full Version : First Aid boxes

aly
21-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm spendingmoney {well nto mine but the grant money ;)] and I need to find a first aidbox. when Iasked the grant officerwhere they get them she said mothercare and they would order online...i checked 16.99 but my local one didnt have them as I was out buyign other things.

Checked the boots who had a small bag. and they were £20 :O:O:O

so i;ve been checkign online and came across this for 5.99 that is sooo cheap but wondered if it was ok to use???
http://www.firstaid4less.co.uk/xp/xp5_stockproductspecs.aspx?stdcode=FL0292&wizardid=5511

I didbuy a travel one from lidl for 3.99 and wondered if it would be ok???? the only difference is its a black box. it does have the first aid symbol on it and laso a pic of a car. but there was so much in there...much more than the onesin boots!!

where did you get yours and do you think getting them from that link is ok?

tulip0803
21-01-2009, 08:08 PM
That one looks OK. Your first aid box MUST be green with a white cross. The CSSIW inspector will check for it on your inspections.:)

miss mopple
21-01-2009, 08:13 PM
NCMA sell one for 11.99

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Have you had your first aid course yet?, only they sell a good one, i only had a quick look last weekend at my first part and hope to buy it this sat, wasnt that cheap but then im not sure wat is a good price :D

aly
21-01-2009, 08:19 PM
MY 2nd part is this saturday.
now the first aider doign the course says that it doesnt matter what colour the box is as long as it has the first aid symbol {i am in wales}

think i need to ask inspector and/or the grant admin

thanks

x

tulip0803
21-01-2009, 08:26 PM
MY 2nd part is this saturday.
now the first aider doign the course says that it doesnt matter what colour the box is as long as it has the first aid symbol {i am in wales}

think i need to ask inspector and/or the grant admin

thanks

x

My CSSIW inspector said it has to be green with a white cross and some other minders have been told off about it round here. I had my first aid course in Nov & the trainer stated that they should be green too.

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Just looked at the web site. Box looks ok but the contents are a bit off. You must not have safety pins, or waterproof sticking plasters or wipes. If you have plasters you should have hypoalergenic ones.

Have a look at the St. John Ambulance Web site thats where I got all my stuff. They also sell little bags you can use to keep in an outtings bag.

The First Aid Box or bag MUST BE GREEN with a WHITE CROSS. This is the European recognised standard and has been since the early 1980s. It really annoys me when people sell or say others are all right.

If you do a search on Threads on First Aid you will find loads of helpful info. there was a thread last week where it was all covered but I dont know how to do the link sorry.

carebear25
21-01-2009, 09:01 PM
try this website it is ofsted approved its £12

www.1staidsupplies.co.uk

aly
21-01-2009, 09:03 PM
thanks...i did wonder why she said that myself...will double check again this saturday.

it was the box more than anything i would have got as in boots its only a small bag for £20!!

I will get that and alter whats in there.

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 09:25 PM
try this website it is ofsted approved its £12

www.1staidsupplies.co.uk

Am I being daft but when this opens there are no 1st aid kits?

jessie1
21-01-2009, 09:35 PM
If you are a member of NCMA then u can buy a Childminders First Aid kit for £11.99 & its £13.96 on here http://www.physioroom.com/product/Childcare_First_Aid_Kit_OFSTED_Approved_/2045/38304.html
Just type OFSTED Approved First Aid Kit in google and there is another one for £12 somewhere. I saw last

mumof4
21-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I have bought the ncma box and the travel box too. they are very well stocked, better than any other ive seen. Can highly recomend them!:)

carebear25
22-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Am I being daft but when this opens there are no 1st aid kits?

No not daft wrong link - www.1staidsuppliers.co.uk is correct 1