PDA

View Full Version : Assessment and planning records

Tracey1
21-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi to you all.

I'm really struggling with the above, just don't know where to start.

I have a sheet for the above, I do observations in small books for each child, then somehow I then need to add to the chart.#

Is there anyone that is willing to let me have a copy of their planning records, just to get an idea of what I need to add. The small books have relavant information what the child was doing any achievements done that week, just don't know how much I need to add in the record sheet.

Thanks for any help offered.

Tracey

melanieabigail2004
21-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Tracey

PM me your email address and I will send you my weekly planning for a child and monthly observations sheet.

On the planning sheet I put the next steps from last months observations plus anything in particular that child likes doing at the moment. Could be something to do with a family birthday etc.

The observation sheet is self explanatory - it logs the observation, which part of EYFS it links to and next steps.

Mel

sarah707
21-01-2009, 06:11 PM
There isn't any set way of recording things for Eyfs... so if you've been given something and told to fill it in, that's not right.

You record things as you find easiest to show the child is learning and developing.

TAke a photo, add a quick note, link it back to the Eyfs ages and stages information and think if there are any ways you can support the child's future learning from what you've just seen.

What record sheet are you talking about? :D

Tracey1
21-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Sarah

I can't remember where I got the form from. But form information is:

Child name Date of birth, Age of child

Then you have a boxes for each of the 6 areas, then sub headings, observations, assessments, planning

This is what I'm trying to add my observations into the 6 areas, adding what the observation is, what the assessment is, and what next to plan for. It does sound complecated.

Tracey

sarah707
21-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Well if it's complicated ditch it.

There is nothing saying you have to use something if you can't work out how to fill it in.

Simplify things!

When you spot something you want to observe - a wow moment, or something good happens that hasn't happened before or you've just seen the child achieve something and want to share it with parents... that's when you do an observation.

Don't go looking for them just to fill in a form!