PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else taking Alli pills

Straws
21-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone
I started the Alli diet on friday weighed myself today and have lost 6lbs:clapping: :clapping: Not had any side effects yet:) Is anyone else taking Alli?

Straws xx

jellytot
21-01-2009, 04:41 PM
never heard of this diet, what does it entail and are the tablets prescription or over the counter?

well done on your weight loss

what are the side effects?

Rubybubbles
21-01-2009, 04:43 PM
not heard of it??

tell us more, and well done:clapping:

jaz
21-01-2009, 05:17 PM
not heard of it??

tell us more, and well done:clapping:

Me either, and i thought I had tried most diets by now

J
x

sue m
21-01-2009, 05:29 PM
No, not heard of it but I'd be too scared to take pills after that programme on the telly the other week.

Lick'le Oakes
21-01-2009, 05:54 PM
please please please tell me more !

angeldelight
21-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I have never heard of it

Tell us more please

Angel xx

funtoplay
22-01-2009, 07:01 AM
they are covering this on gmtv this morning.

j

charleyfarley
22-01-2009, 07:19 AM
I've just seen these on GMTV.

No prescription needed, bought over the counter. You take these tablets along side doing exercise and healthy eating plan, so Dr Hilary said.

Apparantly they get rid of all the oils your body doesn't digest and stores, I think that's what he said anyway.

Well done on your weight loss Straws :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

angeldelight
22-01-2009, 07:22 AM
I've just seen these on GMTV.

No prescription needed, bought over the counter. You take these tablets along side doing exercise and healthy eating plan, so Dr Hilary said.

Apparantly they get rid of all the oils your body doesn't digest and stores, I think that's what he said anyway.

Well done on your weight loss Straws :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

So are they worth getting ?

Angel xx

charleyfarley
22-01-2009, 07:28 AM
So are they worth getting ?

Angel xx

Apparantly they are big in America, the pills not the people.

I suppose it depends on the side effects, you would have to read up on them I think. I would imagine there is something on the GMTV website about them to explain it better.

I'm not sure I would take them though

Are you thinking about them Angel??

Carol xx

angeldelight
22-01-2009, 07:30 AM
No I wouldnt take them

I try not to take tablets anyway but with all the medication im on I just wouldnt risk it

Sensible eating and excersise is the way to go - wish I could take my own advice though haha

Angel xx

crazybones
22-01-2009, 07:33 AM
http://www.myalli.com/default.aspx

It sounds very much like Xenical which I took for a while. The toilet effects are a bit :eek: but only if you have cheated on your diet and eaten a large amount of fat.

charleyfarley
22-01-2009, 07:34 AM
No I wouldnt take them

I try not to take tablets anyway but with all the medication im on I just wouldnt risk it

Sensible eating and excersise is the way to go - wish I could take my own advice though haha

Angel xx

I know Angel it's easier said than done isn't it. I still have a treadmill that is vertually new :D Must start going on it, soon :laughing:

Carol xx

crazybones
22-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Ahhhh just read up about it and it is the same as Xenical or Orlistat, which is very good if you take it correctly and dont eat too much fat. I am definitely going to give it a go.

angeldelight
22-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Ahhhh just read up about it and it is the same as Xenical or Orlistat, which is very good if you take it correctly and dont eat too much fat. I am definitely going to give it a go.

Not heard of those either haha

Angel xx

crazybones
22-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Not heard of those either haha

Angel xx

They used to be only available on prescription a couple of years ago with strict supervision from GP. I took Xenical during the time I lost 6 stone with WW so it does work. Xenical and Orlistat are the same thing -different brand names and Orlistat is the active ingredient in Alli so I presume they are the same thing too just its available over the counter now not just on prescription. I might ask my GP if they are as he picks his kids up from school at the same time as me.

michellethegooner
22-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Just googled it and noticed this was said ....

Gareth Williams, professor of medicine at Bristol University,’ Taking it without medical supervision may achieve an average daily energy deficit of only 100 kcal – equivalent of leaving a few French fries on a plate or eating an apple instead of ice cream.'

He also wrote that it was the equivalent of having "10 to 20 minutes of sex".

from here http://www.weightsolution.co.uk/news/alli-approval-britain-europe-medicine-watchdog.html

Straws
22-01-2009, 08:42 AM
You do have to follow a low fat diet, if you cheat you suffer side effects. I have no will power at all so using the tablets as a discipline tool, everything I eat I think will I crappp my pants LOL.

Straws xx

crazybones
22-01-2009, 08:45 AM
You do have to follow a low fat diet, if you cheat you suffer side effects. I have no will power at all so using the tablets as a discipline tool, everything I eat I think will I crappp my pants LOL.

Straws xx

:laughing: :laughing: That is the most unfortunate side effect. Best of luck. Do you mind me asking how much they were?

Straws
22-01-2009, 08:56 AM
:laughing: :laughing: That is the most unfortunate side effect. Best of luck. Do you mind me asking how much they were?

I paid £59.95 for 150 tablets from biovea so 50 days supply, if they work i will buy another batch:)

angeldelight
22-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Straws xx

Sounds horrible ha

Glad I dont live near to you then !!! :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

crazybones
22-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I paid £59.95 for 150 tablets from biovea so 50 days supply, if they work i will buy another batch:)

Wow that's a lot, when I only paid prescription charge for a months supply. Might be worth getting your GP to prescribe Orlistat as the stuff on prescription is 120 mgs and Alli is on 60 mgs and I am convinced from what I have read they are the same stuff only not as strong.

Rubybubbles
22-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I do know what they are now:laughing:

I told the doctor I want to go onto Cambridge first to lose the weight as the tablets give me the frights:eek: :eek:

crazybones
22-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow that's a lot, when I only paid prescription charge for a months supply. Might be worth getting your GP to prescribe Orlistat as the stuff on prescription is 120 mgs and Alli is on 60 mgs and I am convinced from what I have read they are the same stuff only not as strong.

OOH OOOH I was right - it is the same stuff but half dose

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Proven-Slimming-Pill-On-Sale-Soon-Orlistat-Will-Be-Available-From-Pharmacies/Article/200901315208041?lpos=UK_News_Second_UK_News_Featur e_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15208041_Proven_Slimming_Pill_On_Sale_ Soon%3A_Orlistat_Will_Be_Available_From_Pharmacies

flora
22-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Just googled it and noticed this was said ....

Gareth Williams, professor of medicine at Bristol University,’ Taking it without medical supervision may achieve an average daily energy deficit of only 100 kcal – equivalent of leaving a few French fries on a plate or eating an apple instead of ice cream.'

He also wrote that it was the equivalent of having "10 to 20 minutes of sex".

from here http://www.weightsolution.co.uk/news/alli-approval-britain-europe-medicine-watchdog.html

If you don't see me around much girls you know I have taken this advice and am burning calories the enjoyable way :laughing: