PDA

View Full Version : Increase In Numbers

Straws
21-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I phoned ofsted weeks ago about increasing my numbers from 4 under 8 to 6 under 8, anyway just getting around to writing the letter HELP I dont know what to write lol:blush:

Straws xx

madasahatter
21-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking but why were you only allowed 4 to start with? If your own children have moved out of the under 8's age bracket just write that you would like your registration changed to reflect that. If your children are still under 8 then they won't change your registration no. Same goes for if they deemed your house too small for the full 6 mindees.

ajs
21-01-2009, 06:02 PM
i wrote on my letter that i needed to increase my numbers to accomodate the sibling of a child i currently care for
i wrote the hours i would need to have 4 under 5s (eeeek) and sent a spread sheet showing the ages and hours worked and that i had enough experience and equipment to be sure that all of the chuildren could have their needs met and how i would achieve that.

the head of inspectors in my county called me and asked me for more details i.e names and dobs and granted it immediately
although i have had to wait for the cert to come through before i could start with him full time
good luck though

Dragonfly
21-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I sent a letter asking for 4 under fives, as in a couple of months I will have a 3 hour overlap due to a child coming back with new baby brother (maternity leave)what do you think my chances are??? been a minder 12yrs and am graded good.

madasahatter
21-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Your chances should be pretty good of getting a variation. You will be providing continuity of care for the older child and the new baby will be a sibling. It seems to vary between regions how ofsted go about dealing with variations. Some seem to make a decision based on the details you send them in a letter. Others (Manchester for definite) insist on you filling out their variation request form.

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I sent a letter asking for 4 under fives, as in a couple of months I will have a 3 hour overlap due to a child coming back with new baby brother (maternity leave)what do you think my chances are??? been a minder 12yrs and am graded good.

I would have thought your chances are good. I got one last year for 2x10 hour days with 4 under 5s because one of my mums wanted to increase her hours. It stays in place until one of the 4 leaves or the oldest is 5yrs - thats still 2yrs away.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-01-2009, 10:43 PM

I would say that if it is continuity of care you will be okay - for a new child chances not so good