PDA

View Full Version : my mindee....

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 01:39 PM
.... has been asleep since 11.30!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
its been such a doddle of a day, definately don't regret taking on this little bundle of joy. i just went in and he was half awake, popped his dummy back in and hes out for the count again.
i might actually get to watch neighbours :laughing:

jaz
21-01-2009, 01:42 PM
That is so not fair. I have a very energetic 2 year old who has never napped. And to top it all he has just done the most disgusting nappy you have ever seen - the smell OMG!!!!!

J
x

jibberjitz
21-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Awww bless! Enjoy the peace while it lasts :D

Liz

michellethegooner
21-01-2009, 01:44 PM
1 of mine is just gone home goes home at 1.15 on wednesday, other lo is sleeping will b asleep till I wake him at 2.30 for change, drink and school run where his mum works and Im dropping him off to her at school so will b finished for the day at 3.30 :clapping:

FizzysFriends
21-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I have a sleeping 2yr old, the house is silent except the noise of my tapping keyboard.

After schoolies mom has called to say shes now home with her youngest who is ill and would I mind still collecting after schoolie and dropping her home (I go past her door anyway) so finishing about 4pm!

HomefromHome
21-01-2009, 02:23 PM
dd has started nursery 5 pm's a week, one mindee finishes at 12.15, the other 2.30pm!!! aaaaahh the quiet! :)

FizzysFriends
21-01-2009, 02:28 PM
dd has started nursery 5 pm's a week, one mindee finishes at 12.15, the other 2.30pm!!! aaaaahh the quiet! :)

So are you spending the time alone on paperwork? I wouldn't bother its better just to catch up on here :laughing:

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 02:36 PM
My 3yr is asleep and has been since 1pm! the younger one slept from 10am to 11.15 when we went to collect the 3yr old and then he went home today after lunch at 1pm.

So peace for another 45mins then off to collect one from school.

Just time for a cuppa and a biscuit I think. mmmmmmmm

childmind04
21-01-2009, 06:12 PM
I have had no one wanting to nap today apart from me!!! It was quite an easy day as had no school run and i am hoping if mum gets them to bed they might be a bit brighter in the morning!!!

Heres hoping :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I have had no one wanting to nap today apart from me!!! It was quite an easy day as had no school run and i am hoping if mum gets them to bed they might be a bit brighter in the morning!!!

Heres hoping :rolleyes:

I wish. I look after a 15mth old who goes to bed with Mum and Dad at 9pm! no wonder the poor thing is like a zombie when he arrives at 7.30am Because he screams they wont put him in his own bed so they wait and take him to bed with them. They are very keen to have no2 but if this carries on I dont see it myself!!!!!!

I have tried to explain about the tiredness and perhaps putting him to bed earlier but they just shrug their shoulders. Parents!

mandy moo
21-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I wish. I look after a 15mth old who goes to bed with Mum and Dad at 9pm! no wonder the poor thing is like a zombie when he arrives at 7.30am Because he screams they wont put him in his own bed so they wait and take him to bed with them. They are very keen to have no2 but if this carries on I dont see it myself!!!!!!I have tried to explain about the tiredness and perhaps putting him to bed earlier but they just shrug their shoulders. Parents!

Funny thing is tho, a lot of them dont learn from the 1st child and go and do the same with the 2nd:eek:

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 08:24 PM
perhaps it depends on your POV - i don't think theres anything wrong with a baby sleeping in bed with you, therefore theres nothing to 'learn from'. a lot of countrys have a family bed - its only in backwards western type countrys we feel the need to alienate our babys and allow them to cry alone until they realise no one will come to them.

i'm off my soapbox now. :D

Hebs
21-01-2009, 08:27 PM
perhaps it depends on your POV - i don't think theres anything wrong with a baby sleeping in bed with you

I kinda agree, but 9 years on my son still prefers to sleep in my bed :laughing:

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 08:31 PM
awww, he loves his mummy!!!
seriously though, i think theres a huge difference between putting your foot down at the age of 3+ when a child knows they are loved, can understand 'you have to go to sleep in your bed, mummy is close by'. than just letting a baby cry. my mindee is 13 months, parents started CC with her about 2 months after she started coming to me, and shes a different child now. yes, she will settle to sleep in her cot, but shes lost some of her sparkle and if i go in the bedroom when she's still awake she jumps out of her skin and looks terrified.

gegele
21-01-2009, 08:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm SLLLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP

i just have a vague memory of it!!!!!!!!!! i remember a morning when i woke up just by myself , because I had finish my sleep......it was in 2004!!!!!!!!!pmsl :jump for joy: :laughing: