PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt I just say no?!!

miss mopple
20-01-2009, 10:33 PM
After school mindee has been off with a bad cold today.

Tomorrow I have 2 mindees all day, plus DD2. One mindee is having major trouble settling in here (still!) and today we have had a very rough day :( . I anticipate the same tomorrow.

Rang after schoolers mum to see if they would be back tomorrow. Mum is unsure, and asked if I could have them all day if they were still a little under the weather and not well enough for school. I said to phone me in the morning and we'd take it from there, very non commitally, but am pretty sure that in the morning I'll get a call asking again.

Wish I had just said a straight no now as DD2 has been up for the last hr (shes 3 so went to bed at 6) with a terrible cough and very snotty herself, so she'll be horrible tomorrow, without having another child in the mix.

Lets just hope I have the strength to stick to my guns if I do get the call in the morning and say a definate no!

I think us childminders are way too soft at times- please tell me its not just me :blush:

Jules27
20-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Not easy looking after other children when your own are not well!! My new mindee is still VERY clingy and bawls when ever I go across the room, last week she had an awful cold as did my DS so that wasn't a good week lol!!!

I would probably have given same answer as you .... need to toughen up a bit!!!!:blush:

Andrea08
20-01-2009, 10:38 PM
im the same just too soft at times but i got brave and said NO,NO,NO

send a txt NOW and say your DD is now unwell and therefore you can not take her children tomorrow,,

do it quick its getting late and if they miss the txt they will get it in the morning and then think twice b4 ringing you but if they do just say "didnt you get my tex? "

good luck hun xxx

miss mopple
20-01-2009, 10:40 PM
they never have their mobiles on, or check emails :rolleyes:

Glad its not just me!

Fortunately DH is off tomorrow so will be around to give me a hand, but I still need to stand form and say no. Maybe I should get him to do it for me :o

beerheaven
20-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Yep I'm the same!! BUT I am stating to toughen up....really! Have stopped doing a tea a couple of nights a week now, since a real pain in the :censored: and two of my own kids weren't around to eat it anyway. I had to cook again for them later. Got a bit stressed about telling parents but were all understanding.
If you really don't want to have this child then say so....go on you can do it!
You could always say your own little one isn't on top form which would be true!!
Good luck hun!

Andrea08
20-01-2009, 10:48 PM
i think EYFS says if child too ill to go to school then too ill to go to childminders

or was that my policy pmsl

Pipsqueak
20-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Its ok to put your child first (including yourself if you have had a rough night ) and say in the morning when/if you get that phone call - sorry no can do, dd has come down poorly herself.

hope she is feeling better soon

angeldelight
20-01-2009, 11:15 PM
If she calls in the morning just say no

Good luck

Angel xx

childmind04
21-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Hope they dont ring you!!! :)

miffy
21-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Hope you don't get the call!

I hate it when my brain tells me no but my mouth just carries on and says yes!

Miffy xx

miss mopple
21-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Well she rang and said they were feeling better, but if I felt that in the hour before school they went down hill could I keep them. Am very proud of myself as I said no :clapping:

They turned up, and I asked if LO had had any meds and yep, she had dosed them up 'just in case'.

Will hand over to school and let them call her when the calpol wears off!

Chatterbox Childcare
21-01-2009, 08:20 AM
If they are sick, they stay at home and when they are better and no more bugs to transfer they come back

Be strong because it is the right thing to do and not because they make life harder

You can do it.