PDA

View Full Version : Lap belts.??

aly
20-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Question for Sarahnev707 and/or debbies26....or anyone ;);)

I had a toyota previa [think it was ak reg] and sold that and bought a saab 95. now a year on im nearly registered and gutted I sold it:panic::panic:

it was 8 sesater, so would defo come in handy...i know you sarah have the import version, but my question is lapbelts. 2 of the seats had lap belts. Now I am looking for another MPV so wondering..are the lap belts a no-no or are they ok as long as you have the correct carseats for the lapbelts???

thanks

sarah707
20-01-2009, 09:52 PM
My understanding is that lap belts in the middle seats are fine so long as you have the correct car seats, fitted properly.

I've tested them and once they're in place with the child sat in them, they are very steady and don't move when pulled.

The worst one is the first seat as you get in the front row next to the door. I always think that seat looks a bit wonky and tend not to use it if I can avoid it.

hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
20-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I use all of my 8 seats and because the middle seat doesn't have a headrest I place my older children there and the smaller ones on the sides. I haven't had to use the centre ones for car seats.

aly
20-01-2009, 10:16 PM
so if I put my son [7] on a booster seat like this (http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_36_10751_-1_14568_52347_10001_14568) it should be ok?

or is that the wrong seat?

Lincsminder
21-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a britax that fits with a lap belt but I don't think they make any seats anymore that do this. A normal booster seat is ok with a lap belt but not a highbacked one as far as I know.

FizzysFriends
21-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I wouldnt' use a booster with a lap belt, only seats with integral harness that are designed for use with a lap belt.

The other option is get a price from a garage to put in a 3 point belt.