PDA

View Full Version : zafiras??

mushpea
20-01-2009, 06:48 PM
i am hoping to buy (in about 6 months when saved the money!) a zafira and just wonded what peoples experiances of them, are they worth the money? or is there another 7 seater of better value.
i liked the zafira as the insurance was no dearer than my astra estate and also the seats seem easy to fold down and the fact that they tuck away when not in use.
only trouble is i am only going to have about £1000-£1500 to spend on one ,so will i get one for this mony?

Twinkles
20-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a Zaphira and I don't find it big enough. When all the seats are being used the boot is miniscule. You can put a ( carefully selected ) double buggy in there but there's no room for other things, bags of spare clothes, picnics , dogs :rolleyes:
I would look for a seven seater with a larger boot if it was me looking now.

ps Also a bit of a squish when you have three car/booster seats across the middle row.

Noodles
20-01-2009, 07:09 PM
i did have a zafira and got rid of it because of lack of space i would never have another one

crazybones
20-01-2009, 07:10 PM
We have an X-reg Zafira - dont quote me but think that means its about 8/9 years old so that is probably what sort of reg u will get for your money. We were very lucky as when we bought it, it had been a mobility car and then they had bought it at the end of their 3 years so it only had about 20,000 on the clock and was 5 years old. The only downside is, with all seats up the boot is small and with the older models you usually have a lapbelt in the middle seat.

jeanybeany
20-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a Zafira and the boot space can be quite small with all the seats up, but it has a few storage pockets in the door and that, so I put smaller items in there. It just needs careful planning! I've had mine almost a year now and I think it is a good car, serves it purpose, but I think if money was no object I would have a touran just for the look of them!!!

vix84
20-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Ive just got one but havent used it yet as waiting to tax it, and Im not minding at the moment. Im wondering the same thing about the boot - I have a McLaran twin buggy, and will find out soon if it will squueze in or not.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I had one but traded it for an 8 seater. I didn't like the positioning of the seats and the lack of boot space if all 7 seats were used up.

Depends on whether you do long or short journeys and the age of the children as to whether you could put a buggy in the middle of the car.

On the plus side - ran well, good on insurance and mileage was ok

mushpea
21-01-2009, 09:51 AM
i liked the idea that the seats folded right down in to the car as at the weekends we take the dog out differernt places for walks and he could then get in the back comfotably and i could cover the extra seats with a blanket.
is this the only model where the seats go right down in the car or do other 7 seaters do this?

melanieabigail2004
21-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I had a zafira but now have a Mazda 5. The seats in the boot still go down into the floor but you don't have to move the middle seats to get them out - which was a nightmare as I had to remove the child seats to do this.

Mel

charleyfarley
21-01-2009, 11:08 AM
We have an X-reg Zafira - dont quote me but think that means its about 8/9 years old so that is probably what sort of reg u will get for your money. We were very lucky as when we bought it, it had been a mobility car and then they had bought it at the end of their 3 years so it only had about 20,000 on the clock and was 5 years old. The only downside is, with all seats up the boot is small and with the older models you usually have a lapbelt in the middle seat.

Oh Annie mine was a mobility car too with only 15,000 on the clock and an x reg too, I would love a newer one though :blush:

The boot is tiny but luckily I don't need all the seats up when I have to use the double buggy.

I'm really happy with mine (except boot) .

Carol xx

jane66
21-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I have a Zafira and I love it but I don't often use all 7 seats - 6 is usually enough for me which means one seat is permanantly flat down in the back for pushchairs, shopping & dog (not all at the same time though!!). I like it more than the Galaxy I used to have as if you took seats out of the Galaxy you had to store them somewhere as they didn't fold flat and there was no more boot space with all the seats in place. The Zafira also feels like driving a normal car rather than a small van (as the Galaxy did) and yet you get the benefit of being higher up. I would recommend it if you only need 6 seats most of the time.

berkschick
21-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I have a chrysler Voyager and the seats fold down into the floor.

FizzysFriends
21-01-2009, 11:45 AM
i liked the idea that the seats folded right down in to the car as at the weekends we take the dog out differernt places for walks and he could then get in the back comfotably and i could cover the extra seats with a blanket.
is this the only model where the seats go right down in the car or do other 7 seaters do this?

I have a grand scenic and the back 2 seats go into the floor and the middle row fold and slide independantly. Also the middle row come out completly. I can have 6 seats in use and the dogs crate in the boot (else she jumps over the seats, shes a springer).

mushpea
21-01-2009, 02:23 PM
hi thanks for your replys, is the mazda, scenic or chrysler Voyager jmuch more expensive on the tax, insurance and fuel?

FizzysFriends
21-01-2009, 02:25 PM
hi thanks for your replys, is the mazda, scenic or chrysler Voyager jmuch more expensive on the tax, insurance and fuel?

I would guess that the zafira and scenic are the same tax, and the voyager more, no idea about the mazda, I don't know if its a full size people carrier or a mini one.

nikim
21-01-2009, 10:03 PM
i am on my 2nd zafira and love it, before that i had an espace loads of space but at only 5ft tall and a bit, i found it quite difficult to drive and couldnt reach the clutch comortably so i ended up dreading having to drive anywhere , it is a pain not having no boot with all 7 seats up but i can fit my p&t buggy in if i take the wheels off but thats a pain , twinkles i would be intrested to know which double buggy you have for future ref , but my main reason for choosing it is its economical ,cheap tax and insurance ,
:clapping:

Lick'le Oakes
21-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I have a VW Touran and the seats do go down very easily - love it!

smartie
21-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I have a Ford Tourneo (a boxy 9 seater) - Brill. Our other car is a mini LOL.
I use the big car morn and eve and school hols and the little one during the day as I can fit in three and me and its more economical.

Twinkles
21-01-2009, 10:29 PM
i am on my 2nd zafira and love it, before that i had an espace loads of space but at only 5ft tall and a bit, i found it quite difficult to drive and couldnt reach the clutch comortably so i ended up dreading having to drive anywhere , it is a pain not having no boot with all 7 seats up but i can fit my p&t buggy in if i take the wheels off but thats a pain , twinkles i would be intrested to know which double buggy you have for future ref , but my main reason for choosing it is its economical ,cheap tax and insurance ,
:clapping:

The one I can squeeze in the boot is a side by side Mothercare one from about four years ago. They are pretty good though I took my car round the back of the shop and they spent ages with me trying the buggies to see which one would fit.