PDA

View Full Version : I am proper fed up . . . .

melanieabigail2004
20-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Have been holding places for a boy and his sister since September with a view to them going full time 2 days a week in February.

Started getting that 'feeling' in December that mum was mucking me about so decided to advertise the places 'just in case'.

Anyway on Monday mother says to me actually I am not going back to work until March/April! I told her I have already lost money not filling the places and can't hold them anymore so she would need to sort alternative childcare.

Lesson ladies - don't work for friends!!!!

To top it off I had to apply for a variation and bought a new triple buggy and travel cot.

So now I have places to fill and I have not had any enquiries since November.:(

Fed up childminder

Mel

elizabeth
20-01-2009, 04:04 PM
sorry to hear that hope things work out soon

melanieabigail2004
20-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I forgot to mention that I am now £640 down a month!

sskent08
20-01-2009, 04:08 PM
hello luv

I haven't had any calls yet:(

i went to the paddock wood childminder group this morning at st andrews church in Paddock wood. really friendly bunch. you should go they will pass work your way

(((((group hug))))));)

melanieabigail2004
20-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey Sarah

I haven't been to Paddock Wood yet as I have been running the playgroup in Horsmonden since November and they are on at the same time. As soon as I am free I am going to get down there. Another cm I know goes there and she said its really good.

Sorry to hear you've had no enquiries - I can believe how quiet it is!

M

childmind04
20-01-2009, 06:43 PM
oh thats awful, make sure you keep checking your ads to make sure they are still there and fingers crossed something will turn up soon :(

Pipsqueak
20-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Thats a shame, sorry it hasn't worked out. Keep positive and start advertising everywhere and tell everyone you meet that you are a minder (or aim to tell at least one new person each day) and get some leaflets or cards out at school, nursery, toddler etc

good luck

miffy
20-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Ouch! That's a lot of money to be out of pocket

Hope you get something else soon

Miffy xx

patevans
20-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Hope u sort something out soon x

Rubybubbles
20-01-2009, 06:54 PM
sorry to here this hun:(