PDA

View Full Version : How long can it take to register?

brum-minder
20-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I know all areas are different, but how long have you all waited to get registered?

jayne191284
20-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Well i am still pre reg but we sent the forms off on January 8th. OFSTED rang to come this week but are coming next tuesday instead. :eek:

Hebs
20-01-2009, 04:31 PM
i started mine way back in april 2008 :panic:

still pre reg

Dotty
20-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I started mine in July 2008 - all the pre-reg bits.
Had Ofsted pre-reg visit in December and have rang them today to see how the application is getting along. They said we were actually approved on 15th Jan - so just waiting for the certificate to wing its way to us!!!

Mollymop
20-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I started my courses (ICP and first aid) in September 07 and was registered at the end of April 08. x

kez
20-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Its taken so far8 months, i called in may 2008 got on pre-briefing end of septmebr , got on firts aid december, sent forms off to ofsted, ofsted come out 6th january, started my DHC 12 january and just waiing for my CRB'S which im hoping will be done by beginning of march latest need to start end of feb x x in all will take me around 10 months x x x

brum-minder
20-01-2009, 05:38 PM
i started mine way back in april 2008 :panic:

still pre reg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hebs
20-01-2009, 05:52 PM
:( :rolleyes:

at the last stage now

Tatjana
20-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Asked about it in June, they had it on hold due to new regulations eg EYFS, had coffee morning in Sept am now waiting for crb checks to be completed.

It's taking far too long for my liking:(

cornetjo
22-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I did my ICP course in Feb 08, handed completed appplication form and Procedures into CSSIW at the beginning of May 08, and AM STILL WAITING!!! Since Christmas, I have been phoning every Monday morning to check progress, and there has been one delay after another. They never chase up missing things, I have to keep onto them to do it, or do it myself. The organisation is poor. Originally I thought I'd be registered by Sept 08 term, then Jan 09 term, now I have fingers crossed for Feb 09 after half term, although I dont hold up much hope. I have turned a few people down as I can't give them an idea of when I will be registered, and CSSIW just keep apologising for the wait!.

suet
22-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Well i am still pre reg but we sent the forms off on January 8th. OFSTED rang to come this week but are coming next tuesday instead. :eek:

Hi I started my briefing sessions end of September. I have had my Ofsted visit and everything went well. I was told she was recommending me as a childminder and only needed the relevant checks to be done. I received mine, my husbands and my sons CRB checks in the post on Saturday but Ofsted have only received mine and my husbands looks like my sons has gone astray in the post - what a pain. :( I have been on to Ofsted again today and they are chasing it up and i am waiting for a return phone call off them. My sons CRB is the only thing that is holding up my application and my certificate :mad: seems like an eternity waiting to become registered but if Ofsted are on their way to see you it shouldn't be too long for you now - good luck:) :)

LOOPYLISA
22-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Had my pre reg in july, waited quite a while for a 1st aid course then i missed it through illness, failed icp so re-sitting exam, it has taken a while for me, thankfully we are able to live on hubbys wage at the mo x :thumbsup:

misst104
22-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I did my ICP course in Feb 08, handed completed appplication form and Procedures into CSSIW at the beginning of May 08, and AM STILL WAITING!!! Since Christmas, I have been phoning every Monday morning to check progress, and there has been one delay after another. They never chase up missing things, I have to keep onto them to do it, or do it myself. The organisation is poor. Originally I thought I'd be registered by Sept 08 term, then Jan 09 term, now I have fingers crossed for Feb 09 after half term, although I dont hold up much hope. I have turned a few people down as I can't give them an idea of when I will be registered, and CSSIW just keep apologising for the wait!.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :angry: not suprised though!! ofsted seem to have trouble with organisation :panic: