PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Newly registered folk

Buzz Lightyear
20-01-2009, 01:19 PM
How're you all doing with enquiries & bookings?

I've done really well over the past few weeks with enquiries but nothing is set in stone unfortunately so no bookings. For the past few weeks, I've gone from receiving a couple enquiries a day to then nothing at all and then I feel disheartened about it all. Someone must want me?!?!?!

DH and I have been talking about ending my additional mat leave early too as I was planning on taking a whole year but we simply cannot afford the the last three months as unpaid. So the sooner I start minding, the sooners I can start earning - hopefully!!

I've had lots of enquiries so far but just need to seal the deal so to speak. Am advertising literally everywhere too :( Please ring phone... please!!

kez
20-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Have you got a support childminder? You could ask for one via your early years team, thats where all my enquirys come from, You could also ask what she offers etr and ask her if she kows why no-one is interested in signing a placemnet. She may ahve ideas maybe your fees are too high? Or a childminder close to you offers a better deal x x x

Mine was very informative and told me what she includes and fees etr x x x

FizzysFriends
20-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Are you on Childcare link yet?

Peppa
20-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Are you on Childcare link yet?

is this the one where you tell ur childminding co ordinator and they put you in touch with some1? Well i agreed but she is off sick long term so no one for me!

FizzysFriends
20-01-2009, 07:06 PM
is this the one where you tell ur childminding co ordinator and they put you in touch with some1? Well i agreed but she is off sick long term so no one for me!

Its where parents can do a search on the internet or call the family information service and they give them all CMs details which can be filtered by schools collected from if needed.

Buzz Lightyear
20-01-2009, 07:17 PM
When I called them asking them to put me on it, they said they would write to me and enclose a form for me to fill in saying what I wanted advertised and what I didn't. Still waiting for said form :(

FizzysFriends
20-01-2009, 07:37 PM
How long has it been since you have received your certificate. I think they have to wait for Osfted to let them know you have your cert and I think they do that twice a month. So if its been over 3 weeks call them everyday until you get the form. Once you are on it keep an eye on the website and when you drop from the top call them and amend something, that way you go back to the top of the list!

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm not registered yet but have my first meeting on Thursday with the view to starting minding around April/May. Even though I know the parent through pre-school I am still nervous:eek:

Liz