PDA

View Full Version : Which kind of buggy?

Clever Clogs
28-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had particular preferences to which type of buggy is best when caring for two 1 year olds (well once i start minding, mine will be 10 months and other boy 1 year).

I quite like the idea of the tandem one, more so for getting through shop doors etc however not sure two very curious boys the same age will like taking turns sitting at the back, also there might not be enough room?

Would really appreciate some thoughts before I go to get one.

Thanks
Tracey

sarah707
28-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I found the long one too heavy... but maybe I'm a weakling :laughing:

I had a side-by-side for years and got most places with it! And it fitted in the back of my old Ford Metro! :D

fionamal
28-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I likes the McLaren Twin Traveller. Theyre side by side but still fit through shop doors etc. Very light and folds flat as umbarella fold. Both seats recline independantly and have hood and raincover.

manjay
28-01-2008, 08:33 PM
There are afew other threads debating this at the moment. i will try and find them for you. I am trying to find one but each time I see one I like on the net I go and look for the real ting and don't like it. I am veering more towards a tandem (there are loads of light ones now) as the pavements in our village are quite narrow. This means I won't be able to walk very easily with a three year old holding onto the buggy!

amanda xx

katickles
28-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I have a graco side by side. My friend has a tandam & like Sarah, i find that is far to heavy. It also not very easy to steer as its very front heavy as this is where the heavier of the children ae supposed to go.:panic:

flora
28-01-2008, 10:26 PM
:laughing:
Hi there,
I have an instep out and about, it is really really lite has two big bags on the back and you can get extra storage for under the buggy, was a little more expensive even second hand but I think it is briliant!! I live in a rural area so this is a bonus as it is all terrain, but goes equally well on pavements. The girls love it they are 20 months and two and even with them in it is a doddle to push. Both seats recline independantly and you can get inserts for new borns so they are safe and secure. As you can see I am a bit of a fan, lol!!

manjay
28-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I have tried that one and it is really light. I am just trying to find something that will fold a bit smaller

amanda xx

charleyfarley
28-01-2008, 10:37 PM
I have one of each (seem to collect pushchairs)

The tandem is quite heavy but the pavements are quite narrow where I live so the side by side one is too wide

Carol xx

manjay
28-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I have one of each (seem to collect pushchairs)

The tandem is quite heavy but the pavements are quite narrow where I live so the side by side one is too wide

Carol xx

Not one seems to have all my requirements!!
It has to be light, narrow, fold up small to fit in my car, be able to get through the snow and suitable to hold babies or toddlers! Oh and not cost the earth.

Don't want much do I?

amanda xx

Trouble
28-01-2008, 11:17 PM
the side by side ones are good going up hills:clapping: :clapping:

oakie dokie
29-01-2008, 06:53 AM
phil and teds but cost the earth, but i do think you get what you pay for.

hazelx

Chell
29-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Mothercare duolite is one of the narrower side by side buggies. It is under £140, can push one handed, huge shopping basket, etc.

Kelly
29-01-2008, 09:38 AM
There was a big discussion about double buggys, I do not know how to add threads but it was called double buggy? I personally have the WE2 Combi and love it, I couldn't praise it enough!
Kelly

manjay
29-01-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1821&highlight=double+buggy

amanda xx

littletreasures
29-01-2008, 11:47 AM
I started a thread about double buggies. I have a 13 month old, 7 month old and a 22 month old. I needed a double buggy that I could push one handed so I could hold onto the 22month olds hand.

I had a Kidz Kargo tandem, but found it very heavy even with the babies in.
I then borrowed a Phil and Teds, as I thought perhaps I would buy one of those, but didn't get on with it.

I decided on the Out 'n' About Nipper 360 double and bought this at the weekend. It is the best ever. I love it and regret not buying it before Christmas as it would have made my life so much easier.

It is 77 cm wide and goes through most doors. The school gate is 80 cm wide (I know because I measured it when looking at triple buggies!), so it is a dream to push as is 3 wheels and very light (9kg).

Hope this helps
Jules

Little Pumpkins
05-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Hiya

I just bought the Contours Double buggy from the states, ideal for me, its a tamdam and the seats can be re arranged in all sorts of combinations.

I think you can buy it online, and its also light weight

lishylee
05-02-2008, 07:54 PM
hiya i have the mamas and papas twin aria the long ones are really hard to lift up and down curbs ect i did have McLaren twin buggy but found it hard to push and heavy i love my mamas and papas one

leanne

Rubybubbles
05-02-2008, 09:06 PM
hiya i have the mamas and papas twin aria the long ones are really hard to lift up and down curbs ect i did have McLaren twin buggy but found it hard to push and heavy i love my mamas and papas one

leanne

I had one of these before, very good pushchair, fits in all doors and will fit a buggy board on the back:clapping: I liked the bar all the way across so u can push and all a hand;)

I've now got a phil & teds, because my dd kept pulling at the babys face:eek:

manjay
05-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Will you all stop recommending different ones!!! I keep thinking I have made my mind up then someone mentions another one. I think I need one for every eventuality! I need a single buggy with buggy board for when ds is in a cooperative mood, a double side by side that is strong enough to get through the snow we get quite often and maybe a lightweight double version for chucking in the back of the car when we go out!! Decisions, decisions

I have someone coming from NCMA coming to tell me about grants available in Wales so you never know I might be able to get them all

amanda xx

JO S
06-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi,

Just to add to your confusion I have a Jane power twin. It's a tandem but really light and folds up quite small.(you can take the wheels off aswell if you need to)
I used this for my own two youngest and it was fine.

Jo. x