PDA

View Full Version : overnights

MummyMummy
20-01-2009, 12:13 PM
as i mentioned earlier i am new to the boards, have had a bit of a nosey around and haven't seen this question, but maybe i haven't looked in the right place?

as far as i am aware childminding hours are set by the minder and i haven't seen anything about overnight stays. are overnight minds a no no? if not, would children have to have their own room? obv. their own crib/cot/bed as appropriate or for eg. could the child i'm minding share with my son, of course age and gender appropriate?

thanks

xXx

Pauline
20-01-2009, 01:27 PM
as i mentioned earlier i am new to the boards, have had a bit of a nosey around and haven't seen this question, but maybe i haven't looked in the right place?

as far as i am aware childminding hours are set by the minder and i haven't seen anything about overnight stays. are overnight minds a no no? if not, would children have to have their own room? obv. their own crib/cot/bed as appropriate or for eg. could the child i'm minding share with my son, of course age and gender appropriate?

thanks

xXx

Hi,

You have to be registered with Ofsted for overnight care before you can do it. As far as I am aware children don't have to have their own room but you do have to show that you have done risk assessments on how you will care for the child overnight, keep them safe etc.

There are several minders on here who do overnight care and I'm sure they will be along soon with some good advice. :)

Hebs
20-01-2009, 04:33 PM
they don't have to have their own room but do need clean bedding/own towel etc

you need a risk assessment and approved by Ofsted for overnights

i'm going to be registered for 2 children overnight :thumbsup: