PDA

View Full Version : doing monthly planning for the whole year

andreaschildcare
20-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi all

I think I might hammer mine and do it now for the whole year, has anyone else done this?

mrsb
20-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I do a long term plan for the whole year which includes events and celebrations etc. I mostly plan from week to week though because I use the children's current interests to base my planning on so doing a whole year in advance wouldn't really work for me, not sure what others do though....

marion123
20-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I have a long term plan for the whole year which includes events and celebrations etc and i also do weekly planning thats for the mindees interests but mine are all under 3yrs

Andrea08
20-01-2009, 02:54 PM
im up to March got Jan and Feb done and laminated some work too so i have it ready for next yr :D all my templates for chinese new yr banners cards etc

its like a LTP with our continual provision so within the 4 weeks of that month i have a number of suggested planns to pick from for the children i have at the time, then let the children go off and lead onto their own ideas and interests but its a starting point,

short planning can be a quick note in our diarys to say all children under 3 yrs so doing subject and activity ,,,,,hand prints,,, etc our planns can then be kept until next yr so not to be repeated, poss make reflection notes e.g. went well with age group 2-3 child L needed more help ,,will introduce more glitter next time etc

so how you doing with it its hard to do all at once what if something changes and you have written up all thoes planns? id do say 2-3 months at a time that way we can pick the brains of friends and the forum for ideas we may not have thought of,,,

good luck hun x

Dragonfly
20-01-2009, 03:26 PM
same as mrs b

ChocolateChip
20-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I have just worked out my main themes for each month, but then will go on and do the rest nearer the time.
My lo's are all under 3 so it's not regimented planning, tbh, it's just a list of ideas aroung that theme, some of the celebtations we might do, I pick a colour, number, letter, shape, animal for that month ( it might tie in, it might not!), think of some outings that might cover some stuff,craft activities, books, dvd's etc.
It sounds a lot but a lot of these things don't take long to do, and I never really plan when to do it- if we do it great!- if not I'll keep the idea for another time.

miffy
20-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I do a long term plan for the whole year which includes events and celebrations etc. I mostly plan from week to week though because I use the children's current interests to base my planning on so doing a whole year in advance wouldn't really work for me, not sure what others do though....

I do something like this - just a rough outline for the year month by month

The remainder I like to be as flexible as possible

Miffy xx