PDA

View Full Version : Contract for unborn baby?

singlewiththree
20-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Would you do a contract for an unborn baby?

For a start in Oct with an older sibling or just device a kind of agreement as the parents are eager to leave a deposit but I decided that I wouldn't take one as space not available until Sept.

miffy
20-01-2009, 08:34 AM
No, I wouldn't.

NCMA advice has always been not to enter into any agreement for an unborn child.

Wait until baby is born then sort it out - there's no rush if the space is not available yet

Miffy xx

angeldelight
20-01-2009, 08:54 AM
I agree with Miffy

The only time I have ever taken a deposit for a unborn baby is if I am minding a child from that family anyway and then I have taken it nearer the time

Good luck

Angel xx

Blaze
20-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Miffy is right...NCMA specifically advise against any contracts/deposits etc for unborn children...tell the parents they can sort all that out the day the baby is born if they like, but you'd be completely unprofessional if you took their money or entered into a contract with them now.:)

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Crikey they're keen!!!!:) Do you mind older siblings or is this a new start? Like the other have said its probably best to sort out when child is here

Liz

simplyali
20-01-2009, 12:34 PM
No I have been asked to several times, but always refuse to commit before the baby has been born.

I minded for a family where I cared for 1st and 3rd child, sadly the second was a still birth, the experience confirmed that I was doing the right thing to wait.

singlewiththree
20-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Crikey they're keen!!!!:) Do you mind older siblings or is this a new start? Like the other have said its probably best to sort out when child is here

Liz

This would be a new contract their son currently goes to a childminder but would start school in sept and come to me before and after school. I will explain to them that I want to wait and if they insist we can sign contracts when the baby is born and pay a deposit in Sept when the space is available until the baby starts.

rickysmiths
20-01-2009, 01:46 PM
There is nothing to stop you signing a contract for the before and after schooler.

I might suggest they start with you at the beginning of term so they are settled in before a new sibbling comes along. This would set the parents mind a rest that they have a place with you and they can pay a deposit.

It also means that if you do need a variation for the new baby it is easier to get one for a sibbling.
Lastly it also gives you the piece of mind that you are filling vacancies.

Debster
20-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Would you do a contract for an unborn baby?

For a start in Oct with an older sibling or just device a kind of agreement as the parents are eager to leave a deposit but I decided that I wouldn't take one as space not available until Sept.

You cannot take a deposit for a unborn child. I was told that at my DC1 course last week.

peanuts
20-01-2009, 05:29 PM
i had a parent come to see me as soon as the baby was confirmed, i told her to come and see me as soon as the baby was born.
karen

Minstrel
20-01-2009, 05:35 PM
i had a parent come to see me as soon as the baby was confirmed, i told her to come and see me as soon as the baby was born.
karen

Oh my! nothing like being oragnised!

rickysmiths
20-01-2009, 05:40 PM
karen

A few weeks ago one of my parents surprised me by asking, when did I think I would have a vacancy, they want a second baby but they want me to look after it!!!!!! Do you think I should take a deposit!!!!!!?:idea: :idea: