PDA

View Full Version : Fire drill proof

Jelly Baby
19-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi how do you all record the fact that you have done fire evacuations with the kids? where does it go aswell incase of files etc..can i put it in my portfolio?

Andrea08
19-01-2009, 11:11 PM
hi i put mine in with my risk ass file

date,,,time,,minded children attending,,what happened,,reflection
what can i do better to help keep all childdren safe
i was told to put in the time it took to evacuate but i never look at my watch!

good luck hope i was some help x

sarah707
20-01-2009, 07:30 AM
I do the same as Andrea :D

Chatterbox Childcare
20-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I have my paperwork ready to go into a file and was deliberating which one. Well done ladies - risk assessment file of course!

Jelly Baby
20-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Thankyou so much, a great help x

butterfly
20-01-2009, 11:14 AM
i do the same as andrea

Lick'le Oakes
20-01-2009, 11:35 AM
On my freezer i have a lamenated fire drill practice chart with the date and what children are present and i plan to fill it in each time i do it. Next to that are the instuctions what to do, obviously i will need to tell this to the children often for those that can't read. Next to that is a chart to record when i test the smoke alarms. These are all attractive with pictures etc. Then i have a hook where i have hung a set of bells on a wrist band thingy that i plan to ring when i practice the drill or god forbid when there is a fire. Please tell me this is OK.

Jelly Baby
20-01-2009, 11:45 AM
HI that's great, i planned on putting mine by the front door as i could grab as we left but not sure now..ideas please? the test of alarms is good aswell hadn't thought of that! Can i just ask is this ok left out as it has the childs names on? do we have to have a copy in our risk asses bit?

Lick'le Oakes
20-01-2009, 12:06 PM
When the Ofsted lady and the lady from Childminding matters they both commented on how good it was, none of them said the names shouldn't be on show so i don't know. I will only put their first name on then when the chart is full i intend to photocopy it and then clean and reuse it. I will keep the photocopy but as for filing it i'm not sure where.

rickysmiths
20-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I keep a record in my risk assessment folder as above but I also record it in my register as well.

Jelly Baby
20-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Hmm yeah thinking i only have first names on too, i have put mine in one of those clear wallets and put a front cover on in red card with a flame! and fire record etc..then you can't see the names anyway! Will leave by door i think with visitor book.

huggableshelly
05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I keep mine with my register and a copy in my risk assessment folder.

my aim is to evacuate with my register but if I go out of the back door I cant get the register in a rush.