PDA

View Full Version : NCMA toolkit and insurance

Ripeberry
19-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Is it best to order it on-line or ring them up? I've got to buy my own as i don't get a grant. And if you buy it off your own back how long does it take to arrive?
I've also got to sort out my car insurance and also home insurance. Had the MOT test today and they have failed it on the number plates because they don't have the name of who made them up and the postcode! It's a new regulation wef January 09. More like a money spinner :mad:

sarah707
19-01-2009, 07:45 PM
You do not have to have either insurance or toolkit from Ncma...

You might find the Morton Michel insurance more cost effective and the toolkit is not obligatory, so if you can't afford it but you're nifty with paperwork, you could see how you get on.

However, if you do use Ncma you must use their contracts.

Hth :D

Chrissy B
20-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Some councils are hoping that when we join a childminding network that's they'll buy our NCMA toolkits and insurance to help us.

Dotty
20-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Our Early Years buy our first year's insurance and membership and give us a choice of Morton Michel or NCMA.

I have gone with NCMA and their toolkit is very good (this came free with the insurance and membership).:thumbsup:

Mollymop
20-01-2009, 05:11 PM
It usually takes about 4 weeks to come whether you ring them or order online. x

Dotty
20-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Forgot to say - they have also sent me a free fire blanket!!! :D

FizzysFriends
20-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I ordered on line and it took about 10 days to come.

LOOPYLISA
20-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Got mine within 2 weeks, not even that, it was free with insurance too as part of my start up grant, with fire blanket aswell :thumbsup:

Bex1
20-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I phoned up NCMA and did it over the phone. The girl was really nice and hepful when I called and when she said the price included a fire blanket and paperwork I said I already had the paperwork i.e. NCMA contracts etc and already bought a fire blanket so she deduced that off the price which helped!

Anyway the insurance etc all arrived within 10 days of my phone call

:thumbsup: