PDA

View Full Version : outside area ideas

butterfly
19-01-2009, 02:44 PM
i'm putting together a development plan for my outside area. it's a small mostly decked area and i'm looking for any ideas that you think are great! i'm mainly catering for childre aged under 2 but also for children aged up to 5. what are your best ideas? so far i've thought of a blackboard, instrument area with pots and pans to bang and colourful alphabet on the fence.

please inspire me!

childmind04
19-01-2009, 04:10 PM
What about some mirrors, i have the mirror tiles and they are fine out in all weather, got mine from wilkinsons for about £12

Susan

Annie_T
19-01-2009, 05:59 PM
painting area .. just like your blackboard area

den area (pop up tent)

wind chimes good for your music area if anywhere put one

sand/water tub maybe

Angela234
19-01-2009, 06:15 PM
I have just painted "Trafic lights" on my wall outside.

I would like to get a outside storage something like this to keep a selection of toys for just outdoor use like cars, animals,bricks ect

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR1195397

with the deep draws so children can help themselves

Angela

mushpea
19-01-2009, 06:49 PM
they look nice , but expensive, we bought a shed from b&q, one of their £99 ones which acts as storage in the winter and a 'house' in the summer with a kitchen in etc, i also bought just a normal set of plastic draws for outside storage, the sort you can get from argos for about £20.
we have a sand pit and my parnter put up ply wood boards along the fence for the children to chalk on, we also have a sand and water tray which ends up with all sorts in it like jelly, rice etc. then we have things like ride on toys, painting easel, tool bench, kitchen, huge garage with plastic cars.

The Juggler
19-01-2009, 07:42 PM
also, small size digging tools, gloves and aprons to dig in the mud. A mini veg patch in a large storage box would do if you don't have soil to plant mini carrots, onions etc. My children water the soil in all weathers regardless of whether anything is growing!

Blackboard is great. Tents and pop up tunnels great and lots of little bean bags, spongy balls great for older children.

I've also got a bug catcher and a magnifying glass to look at bugs under the weeds and flowers.

Nx

jeanybeany
19-01-2009, 09:46 PM
In my outdoor area I have a climbing frame/twin slide, play house, kitchen, bikes, push alongs, cosy coupe cars, sand/water tray, bumpy balls, bean bags, bats (everyone loves these!), football goals, tent/tunnel, play food etc for the kitchen, table/chairs, soft flooring.

Then hubby made me a blackboard for on the fence. I have a number line.

Also mirrors in different sizes all shaped like butterflies (from Home Bargains about £2.99) and windchimes.

I am hoping to do a mini veg patch/ garden area this year (if I ever get over my mounting of paperwork to enable me to go shoppping!!!!!!!!!).

Hope this has given you some ideas.

Jeany

madasahatter
19-01-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm about to get some foam mats to make a safe(r) area for non walkers where they won't get muddy or be on a flagged surface.
I'm trying to do a link to an ebay seller but the page won't load up, it keeps timing me out.

Angela234
19-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I got my foam mats from ELC we use indoors and outside for all ages they were my best buy 2 years ago

Angela

gegele
19-01-2009, 10:54 PM
some colourful pots with herbs like rosemary, mint, thym when they touch it it smells good and they can eat it!!!!! and you can cook with win win situation!!

gegele
19-01-2009, 10:55 PM
some colourful pots with herbs like rosemary, mint, thym when they touch it it smells good and they can eat it!!!!! and you can cook with win win situation!!

SENSORY that the word i was looking for!!!! sensory experience touch, smell and all! god it's late!

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm planning a little vegetable garden:) I have some big plastic tubs that last year grew beans/peas/cucumbers in so planning to do this again but get my mindees involved. They can then eat what we grow:thumbsup:

Liz