PDA

View Full Version : What more can I do for them?

DCMS
19-01-2009, 01:47 PM
2 weeks ago a lady rang asking for childcare, desperate because of a change of shift pattern (either her or OH). She was on the sick for the week trying to sort something out. Dropped my info off to her when passing. She rang asking if I could also have her after schooler so they were both in same place to pick up. Said she's get back to me asap to sort out. Heard nothing, assumed she's sorted something and returned to work. Well on Friday she rang again, said work were trying to sort her shifts out so she only needed childcare 2 days a week (prob thurs and fri). She would be finding out Friday night when she went in to work and would ring me Sat am as wanting it to start this week. But went on to say she couldn't afford any deposits and couldn't pay 4 weeks in advance but could pay 2. Being a soft spot I said it was ok (you might remember my minding relatives post-I need some mindees on books as Ofsted wouldn't do my inspection when they came out as only relatives here). Anyway it's now Monday and had no call. She has one in pre-school and one in first school, neither of which I have any contact with as I've only just started. The children don't know me and I don't know if she's expecting me to have them this week. Don't want to ring her and look like I'm needing her business. What does anyone advise?

berkschick
19-01-2009, 01:50 PM
It is so annoying when this happens!

I would call her and ask whats going on, you have nothing to loose!

fionamal
19-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Id ring her aswell. Just say youve had another enquiry and need to know what her plans are as you are giving her first refusal.

Good luck

marian
19-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I would wait a bit - it may be that she hasn't been able to sort her shifts out at her end.
Then in a couple of days ring and ask if she still wants the spaces or you will give them to someone else!

Marian x

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 02:04 PM
It sounds like she's messing you about a bit:(

If it were me I'd ring just to find out whats going on as you need to know really,

Liz

Pipsqueak
19-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Part of me says she is messing you around, another part of me (the generous side) is saying the poor woman sounds like she is in a bit of tizzy (as work seems to be messing her around).

I would give her a call, say that you have had another enquiry and out of courtesy are giving her first refusal (as has been suggested).

Good luck

childmind04
19-01-2009, 02:18 PM
I would give her a ring and explain you need to know as you dont want to give her space away if she need you :)

Susan

misst104
19-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Agree with all those saying give her a call. At least then you will know where you are and by saying you have had another enquiry it looks as if you are being totally professional too ie. giving her first refusal :thumbsup:

Hope it gets sorted out

Jo x x x

mandy moo
19-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Agree with all those saying give her a call. At least then you will know where you are and by saying you have had another enquiry it looks as if you are being totally professional too ie. giving her first refusal :thumbsup:

Hope it gets sorted out

Jo x x x

#

Thats what Id do too:)