PDA

View Full Version : 2nd interested mummy coming this week

Bex1
19-01-2009, 12:46 PM
had an enquiry from a mum who is looking for a childminder two days a week so she is coming to see me on Wednesday! still waiting for the first mummy to come back to me, hopefully will hear something this week!

right off to print off more parent packs!

Becky

misst104
19-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Good Luck . Hope you get first mindee soon. Keep us all posted. Very exciting :thumbsup:

Jo x x x

angeldelight
19-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Good luck

Also hope the other parent gets back to you

Angel xx

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Good luck and let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

Liz

marian
19-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Fingers crossed for you:)

Marian x

HelenJC
19-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Bex

Good luck.

Always daunting even when you have done it lots of times.

Apparently, parents make up their mind based on first impressions. Been told that they look for somebody like themselves, same values etc. Bear this in mind.

Helen

Chrissy B
21-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Good luck for today!

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 07:59 AM
I've heard that they make up their minds within minutes of coming into your home. Amazing then that they so often take so long to tell us their choice!?

Good luck, hope it works out.

Bex1
21-01-2009, 10:35 AM
:( Well she has just left and I think I just messed it up! I was so nervous and just found myself talking really quickly and forgot to say about a daily diary, learning journel etc. She did ask me about childcare vouchers so need to look into that...but I was just plain stupid throughout! Her little girl loved all the toys and was quite happy and content whilst she was at my house and I interacted with her quite abit but the rest of the time I was just rubbish :(

marion123
21-01-2009, 10:43 AM
keep your chin up i bet you were fine :)

happytotschildminding
21-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Snap - that was me just two weeks ago, forgot to show daily diary etc etc and havent heard anything (said she'd ring in a week) but has been a big lesson for me and even if we have messed up (you probaby did better than me!)- we've also learned from it - and there will be other parents, and next time, I'll hopefully be more organised and more myself.
Carol

Bex1
21-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Carol, i bet you did better than me, I just talked at about a million words a second, forgot everything I was supposed to say! She asked me about vouchers and I did ring busy bee's right away after she left to get a registration form and phoned the mum back to say I had got things moving so hopefully she will be impressed with that and when I did call her I said "sorry I forgot to mention about daily diary and learning journel" so at least I got that in.....ahhhhhhhhh i feel such an idiot! She said she will come back to me asap but not holding out any hope!