PDA

View Full Version : February Planning

andreaschildcare
19-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone

I have done planning for feb, please would you take a look and let me have any constructive criticism or feedback at all!

Many thanks

Pipsqueak
19-01-2009, 11:55 AM
oh I really like that - well done. nice and simple, easy to follow (ie if I was coming into your setting I could follow your plans).:clapping: :clapping:

Just a suggestion though - where you have children mix/stir the veg soup you could add in helping to measure/weigh in problem solving (helps for mathematical development, using specific words) etc.

misst104
19-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Hiya, noticed there is nothing in creative dev box for healthy eating. Maybe you could cut out pictures from mags of hea;lthy/unhealthy foods and give each child 2 paper plates. They could then make one plate for each ( glueing and sticking). Just a thought :)

Jo x x x

taiwallis
19-01-2009, 12:24 PM
ok - someone PLEASE clear this up for me!! I was told on a course on saturday by other nursery workers that we are not allowed to follow any sort of monthly theme. i have a monthly theme - which is extremely flexible, and only really use it if the kidlies dont come up with something specific that they want to do - it also will incorporate any birthdays, and religious events etc. Is this ok or am i not allowed to have on anypaper any form of planning?
kindest regards to anyone that can enlighten me!

Pipsqueak
19-01-2009, 12:29 PM
There is nothing saying we are not allowed to follow monthly planning. Planning should be loosely based and follow childrens interests. There is no harm in introducing "subjects" to look at with children but be prepared to go of on a tangent from ie/ healthy eating to tropical plants that bear fruit (as a very wild example) - all because you were talking about bananas grow on trees in warm places - showed kids pictures and they got excited about the pretty birds in the tropical trees..

Andrea08
19-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Looks very good and you have put a lot of work into it,
dont think i could get through quite so many activities with the mindiees i have as they need an afternoon sleep b4 school pick up ,,,
hence why im on ere every afternoon lol

angeldelight
19-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Thats great

Thanks for sharing

Angel xx

loocyloo
19-01-2009, 01:09 PM
wow! that looks really good and easy to follow/understand. well done.

xxx

miffy
19-01-2009, 01:57 PM
That's great

Thank you for sharing

Miffy xx

Minnie mouse
19-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Haha i recognise that plannin grid, well done on the planning tho its great :)

Trouble
19-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Looks great:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Polly2
19-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Its really great to see how others do things so we can see what works for us.

Thanks for sharing!

Carol
19-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Looks good xx

If worried about "Themes" call them "Topics"

Thanks what my local nursery call theirs

Carol xx

sarah707
19-01-2009, 06:07 PM
We are allowed to do whatever we want to show we are planning activiites relevant to the ages and stages of the children we care for.

As most people who have read my work know, I am a very strong advocate of some kind of themed / topic / adult led planning and that is totally acceptable to use as part of the Eyfs.

If other settings choose to be totally child-led that is fine, but if that happened here, I would be playing cars every day, all day.

Instead I plan a range of different activiites including following the children's interests and playing cars.

hope this clarifies :D

Chatterbox Childcare
19-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Looks fine to me..