PDA

View Full Version : Childrens book storage

louised
19-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I am looking for a bookcase for childrens books the kind that have canvas shelves that the books slot into. I have seen one in Argos but it doesn't have enough shelves, it has boxes underneath, I would like one without storage boxes. Does anyone know of a shop or anywhere online where I could get one?

misst104
19-01-2009, 12:16 PM
My friend got a nice one fron Great Little Trading Company. They do them with and without storage boxes. Not sure how expensive it was but worth a look :)

Jo x x

louised
19-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks for that, what a great site, I've found exactly what I was looking for.

misst104
19-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Glad to be of help. Makes a change, usually me needing the answers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jo x x x

childmind04
19-01-2009, 02:15 PM
You have to be careful how many heavy/hardback books you put in them at once, mine ripped after about 18 months , i have since sewn it and put it ds room as he is a bit gentler and now have a small wire stand which seems a bit more robust :)

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm sure I've seen them in another catalogue too or somewhere like Ikea:)

Liz

jeanybeany
19-01-2009, 10:02 PM
My friend got a nice one fron Great Little Trading Company. They do them with and without storage boxes. Not sure how expensive it was but worth a look :)

Jo x x

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love the one on this site, they have some lovely stuff!

misst104
19-01-2009, 10:14 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love the one on this site, they have some lovely stuff!

You could spend a fortune couldn't you!!! Sadly I havn'y got one going spare :laughing:

Jo x x x

Peppa
19-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I am not earning yet and yet you all keep showing me fab things to buy..... or buy when i am earning!

Looks great just what i want tooooo :clapping:

lindylou
19-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I got a lovely one from the great little trading company i also got a lovely heart wooden dressing up rail the rail was on offer for 38 pounds.
Cant remember how much i paid for the bookshelf but it was not overly expensive
Linxxx

Helpinghands
20-01-2009, 08:25 AM
My book shelf is flat against the wall to save on space and safety. Its really easy for the children to see what they want to look at. I can email a picture? oh and I made it.

Polka Dots
20-01-2009, 12:54 PM
There is a seller on ebay who sells gltc and vertbaudet furniture (think they may be slight seconds or returns) for good prices. Her user id is Kraft-e-Kids.

hth

Claire

LeanneC
20-01-2009, 09:52 PM
My hubbie made mine :clapping: :clapping:

Its on my website in the gallery page, its fab as you can put books facing outwards so its easier for the little ones to choose their books for themselves. My daughter loves it, and so did the Ofsted lady :clapping:

It's made of wood and and attaches to the wall so very safe. If any of you want one Im sure hubbie would make one if Im nice to him ;)