PDA

View Full Version : Letter to The Directors of Housing Association

snowbunny
19-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi,

could anyone help me please? I have been asked by one of the Directors (freeholder) to write a letter for her to present to the rest of the Directros to ask permission to childmind. She has no problem with it but would rather i wrote a letter....

....I have NO idea what to write. I don't want to sound sucky sucky and don't want to beg (I'm happy too, but it may appear a bit odd.) I jsut want to fight my corner....

Any ideas would be welcome please?? xxx:panic:

pinklady
19-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I would explain a bit about the role of a childminder and how it's a strictly monitered profession governed by Ofsted. Also explain that you are limited to the amount of children you can care for and that the children will be entertained and not be a nuisance to any other residents.

Explain that you are keen to provide a service which is of benefit to the community and that it's no different from people having their own children!

Hope that helps a bit? I'm sure you'll get the letter just right anyway :thumbsup:

Esther xx

rickysmiths
19-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi! Glad it is all going well.
All the above is good but even better ask if you could pop along to the meeting for 10 mins with your letter and I would take a copy of your Parent Folder.
Say you would be delighted to meet them all and answer any questions they might have. The thing is you also never know , if they meet you in the future it could lead to to work.

Good luck and if you need anymore help you know where I am.:jump for joy:

sue m
19-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Didn't you say a lady in your flats wanted you to care for her child too?

Good luck.

snowbunny
19-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks Ladies,

Hi Sue,

Yes a lady in the flat below me - she has a 2 month old at the moment and a 5 year old who will need dropping off at school. There is a possibility I could get the youngster too when I'm registered. I have mentioned this in my letter.

XX

sue m
19-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought you'd said you had someone there wanted you. That's a good start! :thumbsup: