PDA

View Full Version : WHATS YOUR NAME & WHY ??!!!!

misst104
19-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi there folks, another new question for those of you who have got a name for their business. Just wondered how you came up with it please. Am trying to decide whether to just advertise as my own name - registered childminder or whether to try think of a name IYSWIM.

Any Suggestions would be most helpful. my DP has come up with a few suggestions but they are mostly too rude to post at this time in the morning :laughing:

Jo x x x :)

Buzz Lightyear
19-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Can't remember if I explained mine to you when you were here but anyway ...

I'm Ellie (as you know) and my surname begins with a "B" so DH calls me "Elliebee". When I was pregnant, my gorgeous girl was Bumble-Bee so just HAD to pick a name with "Bees" in it so here I am as Busy Buzy Bumblebees :p

misst104
19-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Can't remember if I explained mine to you when you were here but anyway ...

I'm Ellie (as you know) and my surname begins with a "B" so DH calls me "Elliebee". When I was pregnant, my gorgeous girl was Bumble-Bee so just HAD to pick a name with "Bees" in it so here I am as Busy Buzy Bumblebees :p

And what a gorgeous little bee she is ;) x x x

Buzz Lightyear
19-01-2009, 10:00 AM
And what a gorgeous little bee she is ;) x x x

Awh thanks Jo xx :blush:

Pipsqueak
19-01-2009, 10:18 AM
The Monkey House Childminding

I look after little monkeys ! lol and it was quipped that this is the Monkey House

Hebs
19-01-2009, 10:29 AM
mine is Brighter Beginnings as every child deserves a brighter beginning :thumbsup:

butterfly
19-01-2009, 10:34 AM
mine is butterflies because i had this vision of these little caterpillars coming to me and blossoming into butterflies in my care!

rickysmiths
19-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I did not have a name for the first 11yrs.

It was when I did my Quality Standard Accreditation 3yrs ago and I had to design a brochure about my business and they liked you to have a name.

My sister and I are both Mrs Smith so the Smiths have always be distinguished by where we lived.
We became the Rickysmiths when we moved a few years ago and it seemed catchy enough to call the minding business

Some of the ones posted are much more fun than mine.!

Ripeberry
19-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I have a large round table and it's covered with a stretchy PVC tablecloth which is covered in strawberries!
Also i have a large strawberry patch in the garden and the name of my road has Meadow in it and also my name has something to do with soft fruit!
So it just had to be "Strawberry Meadow"

rickysmiths
19-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I have a large round table and it's covered with a stretchy PVC tablecloth which is covered in strawberries!
Also i have a large strawberry patch in the garden and the name of my road has Meadow in it and also my name has something to do with soft fruit!
So it just had to be "Strawberry Meadow"

Oh I've got one of those, bought it at a French Market a few years ago!!!
Now I have ones with Pasta, one with bread, one with cheeses and one with pencils on they are great fun.

flora
19-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I am in the middle of nowhere and so I am Country Kids Childminding Service.

:thumbsup:

Ripeberry
19-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Those PVC covers are great! Got them off E-bay from a company called 'Cafe Covers' I think someone on this forum recommended them to me. But Ofsted seem to like them as they can't be pulled off by toddlers learning to walk.

Blaze
19-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm Home From Home...because I am!:)

singlewiththree
19-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Mine is pretty boring Marple Childminding because I live in Marple. I did consider Maple Leaf because I live in Maple Avenue and I used to have a Maple tree in my garden but somehow I decided on Marple but I tend to use my name as there are few with names around here. I'm the only local one with a website.

littlethistle
19-01-2009, 02:10 PM
i wondered wether just to use my own name.

i`ve used littlethistles for years (im a kiltmaker and made alot of kids kilts and liked the name) so i think it may stick with me lol

do you think is appropriate? i`d love to hear what you all think?

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Hiya:)

I haven't got a name either as like you cant seem to find one that suits or that isn't suggested by a DP/DH who likes to think of silly names:angry:

Liz:)

misst104
19-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Hiya:)

I haven't got a name either as like you cant seem to find one that suits or that isn't suggested by a DP/DH who likes to think of silly names:angry:

Liz:)

Bet you can imagine the things that J keeps coming up with!!!! :joker:

kellywestie
19-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I'm Little Acorns because the house we live in is called Acorns and we have an oak tree in the garden! Also the saying 'from little acorns do mighty oaks grow'.

I only picked a name because a lot of the forms I was filling in to get registered kept asking for a business name, when I was previously registered in England I didn't have a business name. To be honest, I very rarely use the name but I guess it's nice to have one.

sammy
19-01-2009, 04:24 PM
ive always wondered about having a name, dont you have to check that its not being used by someone else?? i was thinking of THE MAD HOUSE!! or THE HOUSE OF FUN! but im sure they wouldnt surfice!!

LisaMarie
19-01-2009, 04:26 PM
i was going to use Toddle Inn. but i had a weired dream where I was called Sparkles, cuz thats what i plan on the kiddies doing when im looking after them...sparkle.

ajs
19-01-2009, 04:36 PM
my business is called the playroom but i donm't use it for anything other then my email address and the paperwork

Annie_T
19-01-2009, 05:57 PM
i want be known as Annie's Angels

coz my name is annie (well what i use as hate annabelle) and angels coz children are angels :D

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Go on its past the 'watershed' now - let us know the names your DP has come up with:censored:

Liz:laughing:

Stix
19-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Mine is " A song of sixpence Childminding" because my surname is Sing.

It's dreadful but it stuck:blush:

jeanybeany
19-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi all, mine is really simple 'Jeanette' s Childminding Service', bet you can't guess why!:laughing: It has worked though don't know any other childminders in my area with a business name and website and it's certainly
working. GOODY:clapping:

don the duck
20-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Im called "Donna's Ducklins" Well my name is Donna and ducklin are cute and adorable - plus there dependant on the mommy duck - and im Mommy duck - thats what my step dad calls everyone (Duck) so my mindees are my ducklins

Heaven Scent
20-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Super Stars, because I didn't want to just attract babies and I felt that older after schoolers would not like a babyish name so I wanted to find something that would be catchie and would give self esteem to older ones - they are all my "Super Stars" - hope this makes sense. Also with my name C***** which is similar to Celest beginning with a S sound it sounded good as Celines Super Stars - plus my name means heavenly and stars are also heavenlyish so it all fits nicely together. I did think of something else that sounded similar but there is an after school club in the next town where I used to live so couldn't use that.

misst104
20-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Super Stars, because I didn't want to just attract babies and I felt that older after schoolers would not like a babyish name so I wanted to find something that would be catchie and would give self esteem to older ones - they are all my "Super Stars" - hope this makes sense. Also with my name C***** which is similar to Celest beginning with a S sound it sounded good as Celines Super Stars - plus my name means heavenly and stars are also heavenlyish so it all fits nicely together. I did think of something else that sounded similar but there is an after school club in the next town where I used to live so couldn't use that.

Wow, lots of thought gone into that one. Well done :thumbsup:

misst104
20-01-2009, 08:40 AM
THANKS ALL, there are some lovely ideas here. Still havn't come up with anything yet but have got a few ideas rolling around in the back of my (tired) brain somewhere :thumbsup:

Jo x x x

Lick'le Oakes
20-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I originally called myself Lick'le Oaks because i live on Oakfield Close and the way i say little is lickelle (apparently). But DH didn't like it he says it looks like i can't spell etc. He just didn't get it !!! So i am now called Precious Oaks i do like Lick'le Oakes better though:D

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 12:58 PM
i was going to use Toddle Inn. but i had a weired dream where I was called Sparkles, cuz thats what i plan on the kiddies doing when im looking after them...sparkle.

Thats a cool name:cool: :)

Liz

michellethegooner
20-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Mine is MAGICAL MINDS because children have magical minds at the best of times lol and obviously MINDS to do with childminding and my services being magical, so double meaning names. My after school mindees helped choose it couple of years ago.

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 01:01 PM
THANKS ALL, there are some lovely ideas here. Still havn't come up with anything yet but have got a few ideas rolling around in the back of my (tired) brain somewhere :thumbsup:

Jo x x x

Miss T's childminding :laughing:

(Very distant relative of Mr T but you are required to wear all the gold chains:thumbsup: )

Actually, scrap that cos you'll scare the children:eek:

C'mon what names has J suggested:D

Liz

misst104
20-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Miss T's childminding :laughing:

(Very distant relative of Mr T but you are required to wear all the gold chains:thumbsup: )

Actually, scrap that cos you'll scare the children:eek:

C'mon what names has J suggested:D

Liz

But if I call it miss T's its another reason for J to say we can't get hitched :laughing:

x x x

One of his was torture tots ( that just gives you an idea of his warped sense of humour, but you know about that already don't you!!!! )

mabel
20-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I am 'little gems'

as in precious gems stones

so i advertise

Little Gems..........caring for your most treasured possessions

misst104
20-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I am 'little gems'

as in precious gems stones

so i advertise

Little Gems..........caring for your most treasured possessions

Very Good :thumbsup: Why can't I think of something like that? My mind is a blank!!! Maybe I'll start a new thread for suggestions ;)

Andrea08
20-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I never thought i needed or wanted a name but the nurserys not with a school had cool names then one day a mum arrive and asked if we had a fun day and the boys said wow yes we had fun in the woods then the duck pond ,,,,,

the name stayed,,,Fun Days Childminding Service,,,

how may i help lol?

LeanneC
20-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Hiya

I searched the internet via google and google images looking for stuff related to babies and toddlers etc... best thing to do is look at clothing labels in Austrailia and the states then you can pinch 'em hee hee. I came up with Mudpies & Lullabies Daycare and i'm about to register it with companies house. Another thing I saw last week on the back of a greetings card of all places was a catchy name called
Titch N Tots which i thought was good... quite fitting for me as im vertically challenged too :D

Also another site i found that gave me some ideas was a scrapbooking site of someones in Oz google stephdevlin its really nice. Shabby chic if you like that kinda thing.

Hope you find something soon xx

aly
20-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I am Little People's Childminding, because children are Little People :p

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Im called "Donna's Ducklins" Well my name is Donna and ducklin are cute and adorable - plus there dependant on the mommy duck - and im Mommy duck - thats what my step dad calls everyone (Duck) so my mindees are my ducklins

Fab name:)

Liz

misst104
20-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks Leanne. Will have a look ( even more time in front of the computer, my OH will be pleased ;) )

x x x

LeanneC
20-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Hiya I came up with Mudpies & Lullabies Daycare -Hope you find something soon xx

I forgot to say. I thought of Mudpies for playing out like the good old days making plenty of mudpies in the garden and plenty of fresh air (hopefully Ofsted still approves !!) and then falling asleep to mum or grandma singing us to sleep.

Blaze
20-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Those PVC covers are great! Got them off E-bay from a company called 'Cafe Covers' I think someone on this forum recommended them to me. But Ofsted seem to like them as they can't be pulled off by toddlers learning to walk.

Has anyone got a link for the stretchy pvc tablecovers that can't be pulled off by toddlers...can't seem to find any on ebay or elsewhere for that matter!:rolleyes:

mandy moo
20-02-2009, 09:42 AM
As and when I decide to name myself, I thought millie mollie mandie's,
was the book of the same name that gave me the idea.:jump for joy:

Pudding Girl
20-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Rainbows - because I love them!

amirose
20-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Me and my friend Lisa (also a childminder) are Little Giggles Childminding, she came up with the name and when I started childminding we decided to use it together we both have different Logo's though as we are 2 separate childminders working form 2 separate addresses. However we plan to meet up almost every day when we have lo's or in school holidays (when I actually have some kids!).
I like Little Giggles its cute :littleangel:

misst104
20-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Me and my friend Lisa (also a childminder) are Little Giggles Childminding, she came up with the name and when I started childminding we decided to use it together we both have different Logo's though as we are 2 separate childminders working form 2 separate addresses. However we plan to meet up almost every day when we have lo's or in school holidays (when I actually have some kids!).
I like Little Giggles its cute :littleangel:

It is cute :)

x x x

Jen4Kids
20-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I was designing my business cards on Vistaprint and i chose the baby in a pea-pod design, then thought of 'little peas childminding', plus i hadnt realised i call my baby neice my little 'pea' :D my brother (her dad) calls her duck-duck cause that was her first word :laughing:

Beckieboo
21-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi,
I'm 'The Playhouse' for obvious reasons!!:jump for joy: It was the first thing i decided on and created my logo!! Most childminders in my area use their own names!! :)

sarahstanbridge
23-02-2009, 07:58 AM
I am Second to Mum because i am a second mum (i hope)

brum-minder
23-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, some really fab names! great for inspiration now I am thinking about my business name! :idea:

misst104
23-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I still havn't got one :rolleyes:

x

shell
23-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi

The name i use is 'Giggles' as i felt it was a fun name and thats alot of what kids do.

Shell x

Rubybubbles
23-02-2009, 07:28 PM
nope, not got a name:(

Loving the names you all have:thumbsup:

I look after children of all ages and didn't want to limit myself to only baby care IYSWIM! My surname is fox and did toy with fox cubs for ages, but thought it was limited to younger children

The foxes den sounds scary:laughing:

jibberjitz
23-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I still havn't got one :rolleyes:

x

I thought you were using your logo as your name :)