PDA

View Full Version : Inspection......ARGHHH

patevans
19-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Well today could be the day of my inspection........lets hope so!! Wish me luck cos I soooo need it, im so nervous :panic:

DudleyChildmind
19-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Good luck and just be yourself and everything will be fine :thumbsup:

donnahay0
19-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Good luck -you will be fine, just think by the weekend it will all be over.

singlewiththree
19-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Good luck, hope they come today to get it over with :)

miffy
19-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Good luck Louise - I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
19-01-2009, 07:33 AM
You will be fine Louise

Good luck

Angel xx

patevans
19-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Its all going wrong already :angry: I have lost a certificate somewhere over the weekend, had it fri but cannot find it anywhere :panic: and my gas safety check :panic:

miffy
19-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Oh Louise calm down - you will remember where you've put it but not if you get so stressed

Miffy xx

nell57
19-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Fingers crossed for you and hope they come today:thumbsup:

Mollymop
19-01-2009, 08:04 AM
You'll be fine Louise, try not to worry, though easier said than done I know.

I worry so much and felt sick the morning before my inspection, but it wasn't as bad as i thought.

I hope she comes today, so you get it out of the way.

Good luck xx

sarah707
19-01-2009, 08:33 AM
It'll probably be somewhere in the pile of filing you've hidden so it doesn't look messy for the inspector!

Now calm down and breathe, you've done some brilliant work and you're ready... so go wow her! :D

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Good luck, hope it goes really well:thumbsup:

Let us know,

Liz

patevans
19-01-2009, 01:36 PM
It'll probably be somewhere in the pile of filing you've hidden so it doesn't look messy for the inspector!

Now calm down and breathe, you've done some brilliant work and you're ready... so go wow her! :D

I have been downgraded form a good to satisfactory I am sobbing because I have put so much work init this!! I am well and truly gutted :crying:

misst104
19-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I have just read your post and noticed the time. You were up EARLY. You must be exhausted by now. Hope you have fpound the documents and you get the whols thing over with today. Close your eyes and count to 10 ( oh no you can't close your eyes....what would ofsted think :laughing: )

Let us all know how you get on. GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

Jo x x x

tinkerbelle
19-01-2009, 01:44 PM
dont be down hearted about it when i was inspected i was told most childminders are being down graded due to lack of training, knowledge availabl regarding the eyfs
as the eyfs is still relatively new id be pleased with the grading well done xx

miffy
19-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I have been downgraded form a good to satisfactory I am sobbing because I have put so much work init this!! I am well and truly gutted :crying:

Sorry to hear this Louise

Hope you're OK

Sending hugs

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
19-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Sending hugs, im not even registered yet so i don.t know how your feeling, im sure your gutted when you know you have put so much hard work in, chin up, you know your a good cm x

childmind04
19-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh Louise i so feel for you as i have seen how much you have been on here making sure you had everthing right, i hope you start to feel better soon about your inspection and find some positive things when you get your report ((((hugs))))

susan

son77
19-01-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry Louise.

Do you feel she was fair on you or could you appeal?

Don't worry too much, it has all changed and you are one of the first to be inspected this way, next time you'll of had more time with the EYFS ways etc.

patevans
21-01-2009, 07:46 AM
There were 3 recomendations and 1 of which I dont agree with her writing because it was a proprity for improvement on my SEF.

D was playing in the sand tray making tyre tarcks with the tractors, he flicked the sand all over the floor and in his hair and eyes etc, I cleaned him up and then cleaned the sand off the floor and she said I shouldnt have done I shouldve just waiting until he'd finished.

I took C to change his nappy and D was in the front room crying at the gate (seperation anxiety), the oven was on so he couldnt come in the kitchen and there is not enough room in the bathroom he wouldve ended up standing on C. I could see D and he could see me cos all rooms are down here and I kept talking to him reasurring him and she why I never took him with me?

C had gone to sleep and the dinner was on and instead of leaving D crying again I took him into the kitchen and sat him in the highchair witht he straps on, I gave some paper and a pen, then some toy cars whilst I sorted lunch. We then came back into the living room to tidy for up for lunch as we always do and she said I had confused him when there was no need and I shouldn't of tidied up until he had enough.

Not sure if these were the recomendations because cant remember the wording!!

Also she asked if I thought D had enough toys out, he'd got the cars/trucks/tractors/construction site play mat/ books, the doll and accessessories (because we had a new baby and he is about to be a big brother) we had done a sand activity in the kitchen, we had the transport lacing cards (he loves transport so was childs interest). I said to her well lets face it if we put anymore into the room we wont be able to get out of the doors!! New baby was also in the blow up activity ring in the living room!!

On one of the EYFS questionaires that the parents had completed she asked would a parent understand this question (cant remember which) I said well yes I am confident that I have shared more than enough information with parents about the EYFS we have had meetings I get feedback in their learning journeys and daily diaries we share newsletters, emails, texts etc. If there is something parents are unsure of I have looked up the info and provided it for them!!

and the kitchen/highchair situation she said cant I get him to sit on a chair and wait - when have you ever known a nearly 2 year old to sit still on a chair?!

angeldelight
21-01-2009, 07:48 AM
My 2 year old screams in a high chair never mind a normal chair no way would he sit still

I think you should just wait and see what your report says Louise and take it from there

Hope you are ok

Angel xx