PDA

View Full Version : Happyland by ELC

Happy Feet
18-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Evening All!

Just wondered how many of you had Happyland from ELC?

I have been browsing various sites looking for ideas for some toys to get and after seeing Happyland mentioned on a few threads on here thought i'd take a look....Well, I had no idea there werre so many bits to collect! It looks great!
And the reviews on the elc website are good so thought I may purchase the Happyland Ready to Play Village set and the Storage Box with Playmat.

xx

Nicky
18-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I have the road and rail sets, the train is great, little ones just have to put a figure in it to make it go! Easy and simple.
Would recommend.
Nicky

hbomb1
18-01-2009, 09:36 PM
My DD (2 years) has got some of the Happy Land set and the playmat. She loves it! In fact I have just been up to her to put her back to bed as she was playing with the set again!

Definitely recommend it.

sarah707
18-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I love my Happyland stuff and really would like some more. Very multicultural :D

Nicky
18-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Forgot to add I have the round the world people too....multicultural.
Look on ebay at local sellers to get a bargain.
Nicky

Happy Feet
18-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your replies....it looks great!

My hubby and I are just chatting about it and he reakons I clearly didin't have enough things like dolls houses when I was little because I get to over excited by stuff like this!!!!!! LOL!!

I love to sit and play with things like this with my little girls!

I'll have a look on ebay now.....

xx

mushpea
18-01-2009, 09:52 PM
i have happy street/land from elc, my two got it when they were ltittle then i sold it to a friend now her little one has grown so she sold it back to me for work puropses!!!
we have the house which is great, bakery, vets, school and hospital, the hospital has a girl in a wheel chair and the whole set has lots of different people from different countrys and even a pregnant lady!!
it really is the best buy and all the children can play with, even my 10yrold still plays with it and also good for littlys as no small bits.
it seems to be my good luck charm too as every time i have a parent come and visit i get it out and they sign contracts:D

Happy Feet
18-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Can someone clarify this for me......

I have been on the elc website and their sets seem to be stand alone with the option to buy the storage box with playmat - which I'm guessing the sets sit on in which ever order the children set them up.

When looking on ebay some of the items look at little different....they seem to have bases that are like puzzle pieces which gives me the impression that the bases of each set can fit together to make a village.

I don't want to buy the wrong kind of bits, if there are 2 different types i'd like to know what i'm looking for so I buy the right things!!!

Any help much appreciated xx

son77
18-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I love happyland & so do the kids. Even my 8 year old son & 8 year old step daughter will sit & play with it! I've got boxes & boxes of the stuff.

littletreasures
18-01-2009, 10:02 PM
I had some for my kids and when they outgrew I had it for the mindees. I bought 2 huge boxes of it off Ebay for £90. Looked through it and worked out it would have been about £200 if I'd bought it new.

They kids love it, but it takes some putting away to fit into the boxes.

son77
18-01-2009, 10:03 PM
I might be wrong but I think the puzzle type pieces are how it used to be made. I was given some that is about 8 years old that is like this but all the new happy land just stands alone. The kids still play with it all though & play with the different sets together.

miffy
18-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I might be wrong but I think the puzzle type pieces are how it used to be made. I was given some that is about 8 years old that is like this but all the new happy land just stands alone. The kids still play with it all though & play with the different sets together.

I think you're right!

I love the Happyland, it's strong and safe for the little ones too

Miffy xx

Bitsy Beans
18-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I bought the zip up village mat for my son and then for his birthdays he had various houses etc added to it. I think it's fab (I love paying with it :o ) and hadn't thought about the multicultural aspect of it.
Am off to ebay to see if I can find some more stuff to go with it.

misst104
18-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi there,

My ds ( nearly two ) got the Happyland Village set for Christmas from Granny & Grandad and its GREAT. It does stand alone and you get loads of people and other figures. Lots of sounds to make, doctors chair coughs when you put someone on it, phones ring when you press them etc. My other ds ( 4 years) loves it too so good for across the ages. Great for portraying diversity too. I would thoroughly recommend it. It might be worth looking on voucher code websites for any discounts or asking friends if they have kids with birthdays coming up that may be registered with the elc birthday club (20% off usually) which is definitely worthwhile as its not cheap. Really sturdy though so think its worth it.

My brother bought ds the police set which doesn't come with the village and thats really good too.

HTH

Jo x x x

carebear25
18-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Have you seen the Happyland website www.happyland.com

aly
18-01-2009, 11:59 PM
might have to look into that myself :thumbsup:

Happy Feet
19-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Have you seen the Happyland website www.happyland.com

I can't seem to get the link to work :(

xx

Happy Feet
19-01-2009, 09:45 AM
I bought the zip up village mat for my son and then for his birthdays he had various houses etc added to it. I think it's fab (I love paying with it :o ) and hadn't thought about the multicultural aspect of it.
Am off to ebay to see if I can find some more stuff to go with it.

Now, no getting into a bidding war with me!!!! LOL!!!!! :laughing:

xx

berkschick
19-01-2009, 11:19 AM
We have LOADS of it!

I got a fair bit of it from car boot sales. It doesnt matter if it doesnt come with the people as you can get these in ELC.

Ella got the school and airport for xmas too so its been added too!

We also have the storage box that opens out to become the play mat. Its really good but we dont often open it out as it is so full!

Dont forget your 10% ELC discount if you are an NCMA member :thumbsup: