PDA

View Full Version : pen pals

chubbymummy
28-01-2008, 05:39 PM
ohhh our pen pal wrote to us!!!!!!!!
thank you booboo

so our topic this week is all about where our pen pal lives and writing back, gonna make a permanent display in playroom, and keep adding leeters we get too it

kids were excited when the letters came they have written back and by end of the week all the kids will have drawn or written

exciting times:clapping: :clapping:

how is everyone else doing with their penpals

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 05:42 PM
We have 3 penpals now ha

Think they are writing to us this week or are we writing to them ? ha

Some of our children have been ill so it delayed it is a bit for us but we will make a start also this week

Angel xx

sarah707
28-01-2008, 05:43 PM
We have sent our letter off today! I involved 3 of the children with the first one... when we get a reply, I will let some of the others do a picture or write something.

We are very excited about getting a reply :jump for joy:

Cammie Doodle
28-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Our kids done theirs today . They are intriged by it all, bless them :laughing:

jaytravis
28-01-2008, 06:28 PM
hi where abouts did you get your pen pals from i was thinking of doing it with my kids
thanks stacey:)

Cammie Doodle
28-01-2008, 06:41 PM
It was all arranged on here by Lorri, bless her.

manjay
28-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Struggling to get mine together at the moment. Mindees mum has been coming really early so never have time to do much. We may have to wait until half term

amanda xx

Spangles
28-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I have to say I feel really bad as I'm struggling to get mine done too and I'm the one had arranged it all!

I will try and get it sent off this week but it will basically be from myself and my son at the moment as my mindees are only here for very short periods of times per week and they're little'uns!

I am so, so, so, sorry I've not done it yet but it's just a nightmare at the moment!

Sorry!

Spangles
28-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Forgot to say - I was telling my development officer about this and she thought it was brilliant and said that she could feel a report in the Jigsaw coming on when I've got time! (That's the Cambridgeshire County Council magazine for Early Years and Childcare Providers!) Oooooh!

I better get writing then! Ha ha!

jo f
28-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Brilliant stuff! I am determined to get cracking on mine this week!

John
28-01-2008, 08:51 PM
I was thinking for doing this with my older mindees but don't no where to start i was thinking about over seas pen pals? when i was alittle younger of the age of 18 i use to like Kate Bush :) the singer and meet a nice Japanese penpal how also liked her. But if i couldnt get an over seas pen friend for the mindees one in the UK would be a nice start.

John.

Spangles
28-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi John

Whereabouts are you? I may have someone for you from here. I'll see what I can do. Do you want me to ask them to pm you?

I've been searching so hard for overseas penpals - I'd love children from an African school really but any similar setting to us overseas would be fab but I'm not getting anywhere with this! If I do, I'll let everyone know and would appreciate vice versa too iyswim!

John
28-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm in Barrow-in-Furness

I'll have a look at the net to see about over seas panpal and have a talk to my local priory monastary as i been told that one childminder in my area takes in two children from tibet once a year.

John.

Spangles
28-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh, Tibet that would be lovely wouldn't it! Any info would be great!

John
29-01-2008, 12:40 AM
As i was looking for penpals across the waters for my mindees i came across this website, i've not had a good look around but it could be useful.

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/menu_penpals.php3

John.

angeldelight
29-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks for that John will look later

Angel xx

Spangles
29-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Thank you John, I'll check it out when I have more time later.

Let us know how you get on when you investigate it!