PDA

View Full Version : Recording everything in a scrap book but how do you organize it?

Mrs.L.C
18-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Just picking some brains on how others organize their scrap/evidence books for each child?

Do you divide the book into the different areas or just record it all in date order then write which area the observation/photo/piece of work comes under or other?

Monkey1
18-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I read an article recently which said or rather pictured that you could just add photos by date with a simple statement of what she/he is doing, a link to eyfs and a sentance on next steps. as long as all 6 areas are covered i'm sure its fine! I'm trying desperatly to cut down on a ll mine as i think i was doing far too much!

sue m
18-01-2009, 06:15 PM
I probably do it all wrong but I keep a file for my mindees, one each, they are brother and sister, and put photos in and write what they were doing and TRY and link it to EYFS and I also do a scrap book for Mum and Dad for when the little ones leave me. They can take the scrap book home and it's got photos in and what they did or said and of course they are all dated.

sue m
18-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Me too Monkey!!! :D

mrsb
18-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I read an article recently which said or rather pictured that you could just add photos by date with a simple statement of what she/he is doing, a link to eyfs and a sentance on next steps. as long as all 6 areas are covered i'm sure its fine! I'm trying desperatly to cut down on a ll mine as i think i was doing far too much!

phew, that's good as that's exactly how I do mine:D

Monkey1
18-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Me too Monkey!!! :D

I recently picked up my mindee's ( who has gone to big school) for his mum and couldn't resist a nose!!!!! I was quite appaulled on the lack of info, and this is a nursery i normally hold in high regard!.........if thats all required i might as well chuck 3/4 of mine away!

Mrs.L.C
18-01-2009, 06:27 PM

This is pretty much what I do. I have a grid for the 6 areas and the little headings in each box and tick the area the ob has come under (so im not rewriting the same thing all the time). I write the ob then have next steps at the bottom of each box so I can record an activity or mile stone to work on and this is my planning.

Hope that makes sense.

Ripeberry
18-01-2009, 07:49 PM
My eldest daughter's pre-school did a first steps type book when she was at pre-school (she is now 6yrs old) and after she finished yr 1 it was returned to me and i showed this to my pre-reg Ofsted inspector and she said that it is similar to what they want to see but linked to EYFS areas of learning.
It was just a photo and a small paragraph of what my daughter was doing and maybe a piece of work attached as well (following dotted lines to write her name).
I'm sure most of us try to do too much. But as long as you get one done once a month at least for each child, that will be OK!

michellethegooner
19-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I have a folder for each child that I keep observations and individual planning & next steps in.

Than I have a another folder that I use as group planning & observations, photos etc in. I just put a sentence showing what children are doing/seeing etc this is great for outings and so on where more than 1 child is in photo etc.

Think thats wot I should be doing :)

Mrs.L.C
19-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I have a folder for each child that I keep observations and individual planning & next steps in.

Than I have a another folder that I use as group planning & observations, photos etc in. I just put a sentence showing what children are doing/seeing etc this is great for outings and so on where more than 1 child is in photo etc.

Think thats wot I should be doing :)

Do you just divide the folder into the 6 areas or just put it all in in date order?

RainbowMum
19-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I organise my scrap books by the month, try to have half a dozen photos with descriptions, links and next steps.

childmind04
19-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I have mine monthly satrting with their personal plan, then obs and photos then next steps. they are building up to a really nice collection of info, i have also a classic scrap book for myself with photos i have not used in their books not so much linked with eyfs but just photos of all mindees doing things we do, outings, celebrations the kids love looking at it and remembering what we were doing :)

miss mopple
19-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I have folders, divided up into the 6 areas. I stick obs (usually on sticky notes) in, and photos. I do an individual weekly plan for each child that goes in the back of the file, which is basically the next steps , just on a planning sheet rather than next to the pics, as thats what the parents preferred.

marian
19-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Each child has a book and in this I will stick photos of them doing an activity or a sentence relating to something they have said , photos of craft they have done etc - I will put the areas of the EYFS it related to and what plans I have for moving them forward.

Short and simple - then may follow up with a photo of them achieving the next step

Marian x

michellethegooner
20-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Do you just divide the folder into the 6 areas or just put it all in in date order?

I just date it and put which area on page (stickers I bought)