PDA

View Full Version : if i move house...

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 03:07 PM
if you've reaad the thread in members section you'll understand why i ask this - but if i move house to another house in my area does anyone know how long ofsted will take to send a certificate? obviously i can't mind in a new house until its registered but could i ring them and say for eg. i'll be moving in as soon as the new certificate arrives but i want to continue working from my old address until then? really don't want to loose any of my mindees (or money) i've seen a house for rent in my area for £475pcm and i'm paying £550pcm here so the move might actually be beneficial if i can continue to work around ofsted.

anyone know??

thanks anna x

sunflower
18-01-2009, 03:18 PM
when i moved house i couldnt mind untill ofsted had inspected it

i have read your other thread and wouldnt it be easier if other half moved so you could see if you work things out, then ofsted and minded parents dont really need to know anything about your situation,

untill you have sorted out what way you are going to go

all the best

Monkey1
18-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm not a 100% sure hunny but i let them know my moving date and i only took that day off to move and i had a certificate through in a couple of weeks. As long as you make them aware and send in a full risk assessment on the new property they should be ok. They phoned me but didn't visit. Remember to call tax credits to see how much you will be entitled to. They won't take any maintanance payments into account. And don't forget they will only have to take a third of your income into account as you can write off the rest as expences x

Carol
18-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry not sure what happens but someone will be along soon to answer your question.

Childminders do move and I'm sure there registration continues.....but someone will be able to confirm this

Carol

xxx

Monkey1
18-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Also don't forget that if your renting you will need the owners permission to mind in the property.

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 03:24 PM
i only had my inspection last week, so i'm hoping they'll be happy enough just to take my word for it that i'll make it baby safe. if my dh wants to play mind games i'm prepared to give a bit - i'll move house but i'm keeping our son, end of story.
god i've just realised how petty that sounds, of course i'll be expecting dh to have him a few days a week and everything i'm not being pig headed i just think that living with me is the best place for my son to be.

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks monkey - we're renting now so i've got landlords permission here, shouldn't be a problem i don't think. also we get tax credits, dh isn't in work so there's no maintenance to be had, i don't care really. i know its daft but i was on incapacity benefit for 4 years before i started minding and i am so proud that i will be working and be able to provide a good life for my son even as a single parent.

sue m
18-01-2009, 03:32 PM
As Jayne said, would it be easier if your oh moved to the new place and you stayed where you were? IF he agrees. I moved nearly 100 from London to Peterborough area so I had to re-register cos I'd moved to a different county but I'm not sure if you would have to.

Don't worry about losing George. There is no way you will do that. Mothers get the children unless they are proved to be unfit but as you say, oh will have access. I hope you sort it out. In my case, I thought and talked about leaving for years and never did but when I did, it was just the BEST thing. I was so much happier.

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Sue, that is exactly what i wanted to hear - that you were happier. in all honesty i don't think he'll want to keep the house we're in because he's not working at the minute, so if i have george most of the time he's only entitled to a 1 bedroom rate of housing benefit.

jellytot
18-01-2009, 04:15 PM
when i moved 12mths ago all i had to do was a risk assesment and send it to them, i had new certificate within a week. they never came out to inspect new property

sue m
18-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh God was I HAPPY Anna! It was 1981 but I can remember now walking about with a silly grin on my face!!!! I expect a few people can relate to that! :D This was my first husband. My second, he was just a selfish person who bought all the latest gadgets and went out on his own all the time, not with other women, just on his motor bike, singing in the clubs, he had a boat (nothing glamerous!!!) and he was always with his mates. When he got ill and I looked after him, I resented it all but he 'only' had rheumatoid arthritis and he couldn't work so was at home all day and I was minding so was at home all day and it got me down BUT, when he started being ill with the alzheimer's, I suppose I forgave but not forgot how he'd been and now he's not much more than a vegetable and in a home and I care very much for him, he's just not the man he was of course, he's like a baby and it's so horrible to see. I go and see him and sit with him and people say, you were going to leave him for all those years and you never did and now you're still caring for him to a point. I really don't mind that at all, I have such sympathy for him and he's only got me really,his kids don't come and see him. He was arrogant and selfish but no-one deserves this. I cared for him at home when he had alzheimer's and eventually the psychiatrist said I had to let him go into the home or I would be ill so I agreed and then I'm not ashamed to say I walked about again with that silly grin on my face some of the time cos it was such a relief.

Sorry!!! Done it again. :blush:

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 04:28 PM
gosh sue, you've been through such a lot. the thing to remember is that before you are born your soul chooses the life you'll have - it relates to how much you need to learn in this incarnation. so you haven't wasted your life, you've just decided that you have got lessons to learn in this life, and it sounds like you've learnt them. i've got a lot of admiration for you still visiting your husband its got to be so difficult seeing someone you care about in that sort of state, even if he was selfish.
i've got the weirdest feeling going on inside, i'm starting to feel really sorry for my husband, i feel like i am now ready for us to live apart (although how i'll feel tonight/tomorrow you never know) and he is still moping around in bed.
i'm dreading tomorrow when we will probably talk, i'm dreading going through the part where we actually move into separate houses, but theres a small part of me that knows it will all be ok.

Jules27
18-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Just wanted to send you big hugs at this difficult time. Haven't got any advice/previous expereince with what you are going through but am sure everything will turn out just fine! xx

sue m
18-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I suppose I have been through a lot Anna but there are many more women who have been through a lot - and more than me. I don't normally speak up about much (?) but this is a subject that I can't shut up about once I get going. :panic: If there is ANY chance of you talking and working something out and both sticking to it (or him sticking to it?) then go for it but personally, for myself, I just feel strongly about people staying together when they'd be happier apart but only the two people involved know that. It would be wonderful if you can stay friends and live quite near to each other and as I said, who knows, you might split and then work it out and get back together. Lessons learned and all that. I HOPE I've learned all the lessons I need to learn now, I've had 2 husbands, lost a grandson and lost my Dad. Would George be happier with two parents living apart but both happy and him seeing both of them regularly? You would not lose custody of him. The fact that you are feeling strong is good. Hope it goes ok tomorrow if you talk. Let us know or pm me cos I'm sure people are sick of reading my posts by now!! :(

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 05:02 PM
no offense to those who are bored of reading sues posts - but if you are bored of them then there's an easy option - don't read them! :laughing:
seriously sue, you are really helping me. i know what i am going to say tomorrow, or at least how i am going to start.... something along the lines of 'you're not happy right now. i'm not happy right now, so we need to make changes.' i don't want to make this difficult for either of us. we've always been quite honest about the fact that we're not going to be together forever - i'm 22, he's 48, we've surpassed all expectations we've been together for 5 years and married for 2, we've been really happy at times and we've got a beautiful baby. we've even made a pact that if we do split up in Peterborough we'll work together when we want to move back down south so that we're both close to george. i keep getting tearful because i know how hard this is going to be, but we definately need this time apart. we haven't slept in the same bed since george was about 6 months old because george was a nightmare sleeper and now sleeps in bed with me. we've got no spark and we just rub along in a very boring routine, and he hates routine.
i'd like to think we'll find ourselves properly, learn how to be happy alone and then get back together - but the good thing about that is once we learn to be happy alone, there'll be no need to get back together if its not right.

Monkey1
18-01-2009, 06:32 PM
It sounds as though you are doing the right thing Anna! Your very level headed and i'm sure George is very proud of his Mummy x

sue m
18-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I hadn't actually realized you were only 22 Anna!!! Wow, you are being really sensible - don't mean to sound patronizing!! - and what you just said in your post sounds great. I didn't realize you were from down South too. I lived down there for over 20 years. I only went to stay with a mate for 3 days too! Just shows how meeting a man can mess you up :D

childmind04
18-01-2009, 07:16 PM
My friend just had to do a risk assesment and got her cert within a few days of moving in, no visit :)

FizzysFriends
18-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Call tax credits, let them know whats happening as you will have to put in a single claim. You get a single parent element to it.

Im not sure there is anything I can say to make it not hurt, just remember there are loads of us on here that are happy single parents with very happy children. I was 22 when I became a single parent.

RachelE
18-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I have just moved counties and just had to send a risk assessment in.

I didnt have my house inspected.
My new certificate arrived quite quickly.- the drawn out bit is sending you the draft copy then waiting for the actual one.

I wish you lots of luck and hope you will be very happy.
Rachel x

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 09:06 PM
lol men in general mess you up! :D yes I am 22 but i feel soo much older.thats what happens from being shoved in boarding school at 11 i think, i have skipped the go out clubbing stage, got no desire to do it either, i'd much rather be in the surf.
i actually went to boarding school in Stamford believe it or not - when i met Gary he had just moved down to Devon, and its the first place i've ever felt at home and secure. We only moved back up to Peterborough so Gary's kids would get to know George, and not feel that he had just started another family without them.

kindredspirits
18-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh, and thank you for those who answered the question about certificates and moving, i am sure if i do move we can come to some sort of arrangement where i continue to work in this house until my new cert. arrives.

gemhei
18-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I called ofsted and they just asked me to send in a full risk assessment on my new house no need to stop minding. Three days after i send it in my new certificate came so i didnt have an inspection. Worth calling them tho just incase! Enjoy your new home if you move.

RainbowMum
18-01-2009, 11:43 PM
I moved house in December - I was told by Ofsted I was not allowed to mind until I was in possession of my new certificate - I sent a risk assessment in advance of the move and they approved the new address without visiting. The new certificate took a day longer than expected to arrive though so I had to take an extra day off (had arranged to have the Friday and following Monday off but couldn't work on the Tuesday without the certificate!)

Hope things work out ok for you xx