PDA

View Full Version : Glad last week is over

Shirlwith3
18-01-2009, 09:01 AM
I had a couple come last Monday afternoon all went ok then the Dad call to say " about your holiday fees are they correct I said "yes they are" then he sadi "WELL i DON'T AGREE TO THAT" & hung up on me, am thinking it might be a good thing that he is going else where as he talked too much boout his mum being a ex childminder of ex amount of years, plus he was very aburpt with me.

Then I thought I hadn't heard back from the couple that came the week before so called them to be told that they have decieded to stay home with bacby & take her out of nursery as she keeps coming home with colds, baby is 7 months old she is more likely to get colds in a nursery then at a childminders, the poor thing needs to catch colds to build up her immunity.

So now I am waiting to hear back from the lady that came Thursday morning who wanted 3hours 2x days but think si will go with someone who is nearer to her other childs nursery.

And to top it of hubby said"I take it we are living on my wage again" which made me feel guilty:crying: :crying:

Shirl
:group hug:

DudleyChildmind
18-01-2009, 09:36 AM
It's horrible when that happens isn't it :(

I remember having parents here once who were only interested in my insurance, they kept asking what they could claim for. I decided not to have the children as I could see it leading to alsorts of problems.

sarah707
18-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I have had a number of time wasters over the years. You sort of learn not to build up your hopes.

Sorry for your disappointment... don't give up though, keep advertising! xx

DudleyChildmind
18-01-2009, 09:39 AM
How I look at it is, it's not meant to be and something better is coming along :)

Jules27
18-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Like you say, if he was abrupt with you and kept banging on about how his mum was a childminder you are better off with out them to be honest!!! Something better WILL come along soon!! My mother in law was a childminder about 25 years ago she is now a senior nursery nurse and can certainly see how things have changed!:)

Shirlwith3
18-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Isla's preschool supervisor who I get on well with said to give her a A4 advert to put up plus 24 copies to put in the childrens draws, she even sadi she would put a note in the hand out she gives to new parents, so you never know what will hapen.

Oh I also had an interesting call on Friday morning, I got a call from France from a englsih gentleman he is coming over from frnace on Monday for a job interview not far from me & is bring his 4yr old over with him & was asking if i would mind him for a couple hours & if he got the job & they move local too I might also get a contract signed too, which sounds promising.

Shirl

childmind04
18-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Fingers crossed the calls keep coming and you get you places filled :)

flora
18-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Keeping everything crossed for you xx

miffy
18-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Isla's preschool supervisor who I get on well with said to give her a A4 advert to put up plus 24 copies to put in the childrens draws, she even sadi she would put a note in the hand out she gives to new parents, so you never know what will hapen.

Oh I also had an interesting call on Friday morning, I got a call from France from a englsih gentleman he is coming over from frnace on Monday for a job interview not far from me & is bring his 4yr old over with him & was asking if i would mind him for a couple hours & if he got the job & they move local too I might also get a contract signed too, which sounds promising.

Shirl

Sorry you've had such a disappointing week - all the above sounds promising though

Hope you get some work from it

Miffy xx

marion123
18-01-2009, 07:47 PM
hope you get sorted soon keeping fingers crossed for you do yu have a free local paper lots of childminders use that in my area

Mollymop
18-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I hope the lady calls you soon and you get lots more enquires! Fingers crossed for you, shirley xxx