PDA

View Full Version : School Closure

DudleyChildmind
17-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Yesterday, when I arrived at school it was closed due to having no electricty. I took the children back home and phoned all the parents. What do you do if the school closes unexpectedly? Do you have a school closure policy?

Peppa
17-01-2009, 07:00 PM
oh heck! I don't have a no school policy, would like some info on this to. What did you do?

childmind04
17-01-2009, 07:01 PM
We had this a while ago due to heating, i just phoned parents and gave them a choice either pick them up with no charge or charged at usual hourly rate, they all stayed the day ;) I the got a call from a mum who needed care for her 5 year old but i decided against it, i knew the ones i had and without having anything planned it was about as much as i like to cope with, plus it was freezing so no one wanted to go out for long so it was indoors most of the day :panic:

childmind04
17-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry to answer your question no dont have a policy and for how many times it would happen i dont think i would bother :)

sarah707
17-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I think it's a common sense situation, as so many of these things are... bring them home, make sure they are busy, offer parents the alternatives of collecting or you working...

Just make sure you are within your numbers and if another child is due later in the day who will push you over your numbers then you need to decide who stays and who goes home :D

DudleyChildmind
17-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't have a policy in place for this kind of situation but I think I might do one just incase.

Hannahlg
18-01-2009, 07:03 PM
well we would have them for the day aslong as were with in our numbers if parents wont or there can come pick them up if there wont

marion123
18-01-2009, 07:40 PM
i dont have a policy in place for this kind of situation i would just phone the parents and if i was with in my numbers i would have the mindees all day if thats what the parent wanted

Helpinghands
19-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I had this last week too. My mindee's mum called as she turned up at the school and they had no electricity or hot water.

I didnt need to take him as the Junior part did have a supply and could take just a small group.

I havnt got a policy but I could take him as I was in my numbers.

misst104
19-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh my goodness - the list of policies is taking over my life :panic:

Jo x x x

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow not thought about that senario!:eek:

Liz