PDA

View Full Version : I'm having an Open Day!

butterfly
17-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm having an open day next sunday. i've invited the other settings that my children attend, my current parents and a variety of new parents who have made enquiries in the past. i know some parents have passed their invitations to parents they know are looking for childcare. i've also put the invite in the shop window.

i've basically said my house will be open between 10 and 4 for people to drop in and see what i've got on offer and what we do.

i'm going to have a tidy setting showing my menu, parent notice board, outing scrap book, resource lists, parent handbook and policies

can you think of anything eelse i should do?

mandysmonkeys
17-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Wow glad you have had lots of interest ~ as I said in my thread there's not really any interest in my service.

If your parents agree your photos of your activities etc. What about a simple sticking activity with prit stick glues ~ hats with coloured shapes for the children to do, bakes some cakes and get the kids to decorate for refreshments, i'll post again if I think about anything else............got me thinking though............................good idea

singlewiththree
17-01-2009, 02:16 PM
That sounds like a fantastic idea!

I think you have everything covered there, are you offering drinks. If you are then perhaps some help with that would free you up a bit more.

good luck

tulip0803
17-01-2009, 02:21 PM
That's a good idea:D

rickysmiths
17-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm having an open day next sunday. i've invited the other settings that my children attend, my current parents and a variety of new parents who have made enquiries in the past. i know some parents have passed their invitations to parents they know are looking for childcare. i've also put the invite in the shop window.

i've basically said my house will be open between 10 and 4 for people to drop in and see what i've got on offer and what we do.

i'm going to have a tidy setting showing my menu, parent notice board, outing scrap book, resource lists, parent handbook and policies

can you think of anything eelse i should do?

I,m sorry but the old cynic has just come out and the safeguarding children.bit.

Its one thing inviting people you know to your house but to put up a public advert inviting strangers I think is quite iffy.

I know I wouldnt do it even if I was desparate to fill vacancies.

You DEFINATELY wont be insured for the time you are open with unknowns coming. So i would be careful about personal belongings ipods etc lying around.

But if you go ahead remove you registration number form everything on show EVEN put a copy of you reg cert up for the day without the number on.

Sorry to be so negative but there are some funny people out there.

I hope the day is fun and goes well.

FizzysFriends
17-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I think its a good idea, good luck and make sure you let us know how it goes.

misst104
17-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I,m sorry but the old cynic has just come out and the safeguarding children.bit.

Its one thing inviting people you know to your house but to put up a public advert inviting strangers I think is quite iffy.

You DEFINATELY wont be insured for the time you are open with unknowns coming. So i would be careful about personal belongings ipods etc lying around.

But if you go ahead remove you registration number form everything on show EVEN put a copy of you reg cert up for the day without the number on.

How sad that we have to think like this :( Hopefully all the visitors will be honest and trustworthly. Hope it goes really well :)

Monkey1
17-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I think its a fabulous idea! Get them all to sign your visitors book and get them to write comments before they leave for feedback or perhaps compile a questionaire! Might be worth putting a few Parents packs together ready!
Good luck i hope it goes really well for you!:thumbsup:

crazybones
17-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Good idea. Hope it generates some great business for you. :D

ajs
17-01-2009, 03:38 PM
how about some examples of healthy eating snacks out

miffy
17-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Hope it all goes well and you get some work from it

Miffy xx

nell57
17-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Interesting idea, good luck and lets us know how it goes:thumbsup:

DudleyChildmind
17-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Good luck and I hope it goes really well for you :thumbsup:

emler
17-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Good idea - I hope it goes well & you get lots of business from it

breezy
17-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Good idea, let us know how it all goes

childmind04
17-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Great idea and im looking forward to see how it goes :)

Pipsqueak
17-01-2009, 07:21 PM
BEst of luck with your open day, I think you are brilliant for doing that in your time of.

Great idea of Monkeys about signing visitor book and questionnaires etc.:thumbsup:

Blaze
17-01-2009, 09:02 PM

I hope it goes well for you too, but I agree with the above...we had a garage sale & had loads nicked & people trying to gain access to the house etc....:mad:

rickysmiths
17-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Thank you Blaze. I'e just read through the posts after mine and was beginning to think perhaps I was just an old cynic!

Maybe not! :clapping:

Thanks for your words of support.

Trouble
17-01-2009, 10:08 PM
i think its a great idea to generate business

good luck:thumbsup:

DCS
17-01-2009, 11:24 PM
I do this exact same thing.

Good luck

Pipsqueak
18-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Hope it goes well - looking forward to hearing about it

marion123
18-01-2009, 07:43 PM
hope everything goes well and yu get some new business out of it :)

Mollymop
18-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Goodluck, I hope it goes well

angeldelight
19-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Have you done this yet
Was it yesterday or Sunday coming ?

Angel xx

butterfly
20-01-2009, 10:35 AM
it's sunday coming

do you think just putting out a couple of parent handbooks for people to look at will be enough? they've about 100 pages long and only want to give them out to parents if they're definately signing up.

michellethegooner
20-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Think I'd leave the 100 page one just to look at but do a shorter compressed one for parents to take if interested.

I give parents a pack that is about 8 pages (double printed A4) of info and give them 'welcome' Pack when they sign, as this is many more pages.

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Hope it goes well for you and let us know how you get on:)

Liz