PDA

View Full Version : New mindee, Not sure what to ask Mum for

berkschick
28-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I have a Mum coming over to sign contracts tonight.

She is fully aware that I expect payment in advance, either weekly or monthly and is fine with that. She is planning on paying with vouchers.

I have in my policies that I charge a weeks fees as a deposit. But G is currently with Gran and Mum is worried about how G will settle away from the family. She has asked if we can work up slowly to G being fulltime over the next few weeks so she will start properly in March. Mum is keen for G to do 2 full days before March. She has asked me to draw up what hours I think would work out best so I can have G on days when I dont have other mindees here. I have worked out maybe G should do 3 hours this week, 5 hours next week over a mealtime, 1 full day for the next 2 weeks and then 2 full days the last week in Feb before starting 3 full days the next week. Does all this sound ok to you?

Mum is obviously going to pay for all this which leaves me wondering what to do about the deposit. I am thinking maybe I will ask for full payment of the settling in hours Mum wants today instead of a deposit. Mum currently pays Gran so I dont know if she can afford to pay Gran, me for the settling in sessions plus a deposit.

sarah707
28-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I don't know about the money - sorry, not my forte!

But it sounds odd that she wants the child with you and no other children in the house... it's not exactly going to be normal life is it? I would imagine it will be hard for the child as well, to be just getting used to having you all to himself, then it changes when he comes proper times and he has to share you...

I'd be tempted to do one settling in alone, then another with other children... just a thought! :D

berkschick
28-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I would have Ella here but not M.

I was keen to have G without M for one full day so I could concentrate on getting to know her routine, etc.

The week she would come 2 full days M would be here one of the days too.

Maybe I should re-think the hours a bit then!

berkschick
28-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Any ideas on the money side of things anyone? :)

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I would prob do as you suggested Debbie and ask for the settling in hours to be paid up front

You are still going to be working for those and you are paid in advance so only fair I feel

Then start the next payments on the full day she starts in March

I would write it all down though so she understands - I am sure you will anyway

Good luck later

Angel xx

squiggle
28-01-2008, 04:08 PM
why don't you ask her to pay upfront for the hours you will be having the baby in february??

Jen x

ajs
28-01-2008, 04:14 PM
i have just written a very long and convoluted post then reread yours and realised it was all gobbledegook what i had written.
any way i agree with what angel has said so i don't need to say anything else.

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Hahaha Mandy the times I also do that - end up deleting haha

What does gobbledegook mean in English haha

Angel xx

ajs
28-01-2008, 04:29 PM
don't know and the dictionary doesn't list it so i would think it just means gibberish.
or were you just being being funny ha ha

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 04:57 PM
yeah i was being funny haha type of silly word i use that is haha

xxx

sarah707
28-01-2008, 05:48 PM
i have just written a very long and convoluted post then reread yours and realised it was all gobbledegook what i had written.

I often do that! :laughing:

Angela234
28-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I have never charged for settling in hours i only do a couple of hours at a time that has always been enough. Do you charge evan for just a couple of hours
Angela