PDA

View Full Version : When do you think I'll have my inspection?

Rasharoon
28-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I've been registered since September 2007. Now not that I want one but when is it likely I'll have my first inspection? Also, as I don't have any children during the day - just 5 after schoolers - how would it work of having Ofsted here as I'm in the kitchen making tea?

Banana
28-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Its normally within 6 months- so anytime soon!!!

You would have to tell them the hours you mind and get them to arrange a visit when they kids are there, otherwise you grading could be affected

x

sarah707
28-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I would think they will come earlier and do the paperwork bits, then stay around to watch you with the children... a lot of the inspection is supposed to about how you interact with the children, so I would suggest on that day you get something really easy to cook, so you can be busy interacting!! :D

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Yes I agree with Lana and Sarah

If you are cooking do something that the children can help with to make it more fun etc - something nice and simple

They will call you first to give you advance warning

Angel xx

son77
28-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I was reg in March 07 & still waiting for my inspection.

I so wish they'd hurry up & get it over with!

LittleAcorns
28-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I was reg in March 07 & still waiting for my inspection.

I so wish they'd hurry up & get it over with!

Blimey!!!!! Didnt Shirlwith3 have to wait ages for her first inspection too

I was registered in July and not had mine yet, I had a call to expect my inspection in Dec or Jan, well theyve got 3 days left!!!!! A friend of mine had her inspection last week and I was chopsing to the inspector and she said Id be very lucky to get my inspection now before end of March:jump for joy:

ToyBox
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Same boat here, I've been registered since May '07 and am still awaiting my first inspection.

peggy
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
I've been registered since September 2007. Now not that I want one but when is it likely I'll have my first inspection? Also, as I don't have any children during the day - just 5 after schoolers - how would it work of having Ofsted here as I'm in the kitchen making tea?

i registered in August 2007, just recently had a call from ofsted to tell me that the inspector will be in touch to inspect but wont be til April! - to be honest i've been on tenderhooks for that call, i wish they would just come and get it over with!!!!!!

As far as i'm aware they will come during the time your minding, i guess all you have to show them is how you safetly supervise them keep them occupied whilst you are preparing their tea - maybe worth thinking of ideas how perhaps they can help you in preparation of their tea??

deeb66
02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes I agree with Lana and Sarah

If you are cooking do something that the children can help with to make it more fun etc - something nice and simple

They will call you first to give you advance warning

Angel xx

Making healthy pizza's is a good one to do....especially if use use loads of healthy vegetables:thumbsup:

berkschick
02-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I have only been registered since December 2007 and I had my phone call 2 weeks ago :panic: I had only minded for a total of 5 days at that point! I was told my inspection will be in March sometime.

sarah707
02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I have only been registered since December 2007 and I had my phone call 2 weeks ago :panic: I had only minded for a total of 5 days at that point! I was told my inspection will be in March sometime.

Gosh Debbie - that doesn't seem fair does it?...They must be really organised round your way... some people seem to have to wait for ages! :panic:

berkschick
02-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I am busy snapping loads of photos now trying to fill the album so the inspector has something to look at! Still, will be nice to get it over and done with even though I wasnt expecting it till June!

cher25
03-02-2008, 02:34 AM
I have been registered since January 07. Was expecting my inspection to be in the summer. I'm glad it wasn't as i had 2 car accidents and couldn't work at the time. Got my first child in sept 07, and i still haven't heard a thing from ofsted. Think im going to have to ring them.

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2008, 06:56 AM
I was registered in June 07 and am due my inspection anytime, I had a call to say would be anythime from now to March !!! not long to be on tenderhooks then :panic:

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I have been registered in Oct 07,but started minding in Jan 08, I havnt had

"THE CALL" but I am expecting it any day soon!! I am sort of possible maybe kind of ready!!!.....!:laughing:

xxx

bubbly
04-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I have been registered in Oct 07,but started minding in Jan 08, I havnt had

"THE CALL" but I am expecting it any day soon!! I am sort of possible maybe kind of ready!!!.....!:laughing:

xxx
Me too Cheeky Chops. I became registered same time as you. I now just want to get it over and done with and then be able to move on.

Nix
24-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I've been registered since September 2007 too and haven't heard a thing from Ofsted...not sure if I'm ready or not! Keep reading posts on here and doing more stuff to prepare myself!

Would like to get it over and done with and move on...

All the best. x

nat1664
24-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Ive been registered since sept 07 too , I did have a call in Jan to ask what hours and days I was minding but I havent herd a thing YET!!!

:)

squiggle
24-02-2008, 05:08 PM
i have been registered since june 2007 and had a phonecall november time to see if i was minding. not heard anything else from them.

Want to get to it of the way now so may call if i don't hear by the end of the week

Jen x

miffy
24-02-2008, 05:47 PM
My inspection was very late and i'm glad to have got it over with before eyfs comes in

Miffy xx