PDA

View Full Version : Mindees ~ Whats your favourite age??

Happy Feet
16-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Evening All!

Just a quick question about something I was pondering over whilst cooking the dinner earlier!!!

For those of you who are already registered as childminders....

Whats your favourite age of child to look after??

I've spoken to a couple of friends who are childminders and they have very different views so I thought i'd ask you guys too!!

Look forward to reading about your opinions!

xx

HomefromHome
16-01-2009, 08:19 PM
having only really dealt wi 3's and under, it'd have to be 3' and under!! i think 2-3 cool as they really come on in leaps and bounds - literally, but babies are really good too! ask me in 5 yrs when when i got more experience of older ones lol!! :)

avril
16-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I love 2-3yr olds as they are learning new words and get things all muddled up they make me laugh so much as they start creating games to play imaginations running wild!

childmind04
16-01-2009, 08:24 PM
2-3's

Not a baby person so would rather not have a baby, 1-2 just has me nervous most of the time as they spend more time falling and climbing :panic: 3-4 are usually at nursery so that means school runs :)

crazybones
16-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I dont think I have a favorite age. I can tell you my least favorite and its 3 years, 2 weeks and 3 days :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
16-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I like them starting young (6 months or so) and staying for a good long time to see them grow and develop independence.

Jen x

HomefromHome
16-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I dont think I have a favorite age. I can tell you my least favorite and its 3 years, 2 weeks and 3 days :rolleyes:

actually yeah - mine would be 3 yrs, 3 months and 2 days!!!!!!!!! lol:)

avril
16-01-2009, 08:44 PM

After today with my own little one I know that feeling, BUT all forgotten now as he's tucked up in bed and I have a nice long vodka and coke to calm myself down!:thumbsup:

HomefromHome
16-01-2009, 08:46 PM
After today with my own little one I know that feeling, BUT all forgotten now as he's tucked up in bed and I have a nice long vodka and coke to calm myself down!:thumbsup:

pint of cider!!!! cheers!:)

avril
16-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Cheers and down the hatch!

crazybones
16-01-2009, 08:56 PM

The thing that kept me going today was that I had saved enough points to have my wine tonight and I was so looking forward to it. We had a very expensive bottle of red from a Xmas gift. I have just opened it and it is absolutely horrible. Spoke to MIL who was given the same bottle and she said she poured hers down the sink as it was so bad. :mad: I have a cup of tea now and using my points for choccie.

avril
16-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh Annie what a disappointment after looking foward to it all day, I would have run down the road to the off licence or sent hubby :laughing:

I'm off to savour my vodka and some choccie to watch trial and retrubition,
Ta'ra for now :D

crazybones
16-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh Annie what a disappointment after looking foward to it all day, I would have run down the road to the off licence or sent hubby :laughing:

I'm off to savour my vodka and some choccie to watch trial and retrubition,
Ta'ra for now :D

We are both in PJ's and my hair is wet. Going to MIL's for a meal tomorrow so will carry some points over because I HAVE to drink when I go there. :o

crazybones
16-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Ooops sorry Happy feet we took over your thread there. :blush:

Mollymop
16-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I dunno! I used to say 3 plus, but now I have changed my mind to the younger ones - 1 to 3 is best at the moment because they are so much easirer to occupy and don't argue as much as the older ones.
I also like the way they love you, they seem to love you more than the older onesx x

kindredspirits
16-01-2009, 09:36 PM
depends what you're looking for in a mindee at the time. sometimes i LOVE my afterschoolers because you can keep them occupied without having to stand with them 24/7.... i love my son at the age he is which is nearly 2 because he's such a funny little thing, he's learning to talk, and be cheeky, and funny... its great.
and i am looking forward to possibly starting a 4 month old mindee because i'm expecting it to be easy and cute.
and my 12 month old mindee when she's playing nicely is very sweet - even though most of the time she's a grumpy little so and so!

mandy moo
17-01-2009, 07:50 AM
oh my, wot a question, hhmmmm
I think think prob'ley 0-3 is my favourite, most of the time theyre quite happy to do what you suggest/ask them too do.
In my experiance once they get to school especially 6 upwards they become aliens/monsters well my2 boys did and a few others I wont mention:laughing:

Twinkles
17-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I like the 18m - 2yrs best. I love it when they're just walking and starting to enjoy activities ( crafts/playdough and such ).

marion123
17-01-2009, 12:52 PM
i would have to say 1 to 2yrs they are funny they are like a sponge they absorb everything :laughing:

Pipsqueak
17-01-2009, 01:05 PM
What a hard question... mmmhhh

I still maintain that terrible 2's are a myth - its actually terrible 3's! lol But 3yr olds are so funny and responsive.
1-2's are like sponges and really pliable (as are most babies)
After schoolers are lots of fun - bundles of energy

Can't really pinpoint an age - there are plus and minus points for each age group. The main thing is each child presents a new set of "challenges" for me to work with, each child leaves their "mark" on me and I love their love of life, delight of everything, helping them grow and develop, their enthusiasm, ups and downs and the energy and positivity. I learn something new about them and often from them every day

I think its great to be reminded of how to see things through a childs eyes - nice and simple (why oh why do we lose that ability), for instance yesterday while talking about animals we got on the subject of milk and I asked three year old mindee where milk comes from..... he got his serious thinking face on and you could see the cogs going round in his head.... he thought a bit more and a delighted look spread across his face and he said "asda". He was so chuffed that I had to fight back the laughter......